Stop Antisemitism

Five years ago we documented the BBC’s failure, for the most part, to describe the 1972 Munich Olympics massacre as a terror attack and its Black September group perpetrators as terrorists:

REVIEWING THE LANGUAGE USED IN BBC REPORTS ON THE MUNICH OLYMPICS MASSACRE

On July 31st news of an agreement concerning compensation to remaining relatives of the victims of that attack half a century ago prompted several BBC reports.

Listeners to BBC Radio 4 heard several reports from the BBC Jerusalem bureau’s Tom Bateman in news bulletins. [emphasis in italics in the original, emphasis in bold added]

(full article online)

Last week we exposed the Nazi-level antisemitism of Jordanian news site Sawaleif and its writer Bassem Yassin.

He continues with that theme this week, where he discusses the Jordanian conspiracy theory that Jews intend to take over Petra in Jordan:

“God’s Chosen” people believe that God did not create anyone but them, and that God gave us our necks to be their slaves, so he overwhelmed and subjugated. Their history is distorted, their religion is closed, and their book - the Talmud - is false tales and fabricated superstitions, written by rabbis to serve their world and their interests.

What is happening in Petra, and the Jewish deception that is plotting for it, must be countered with an awareness media campaign, a strict parliamentary stance, decisive official decisions, a re-reading of the Wadi Treaty - the chariot that opened the doors for the Zionists, supposedly to visit us in peace, armed with malicious intentions and Talmudic dreams.

Jordan's ostrich policy tempts the Zionists to stretch and relax. Here is our proof that the Jewish extremists perform their rituals and release their psalms in Jordan's Petra comfortably - in our ears and under our eyes?! Absolutely frankly, we feel oppressed when we see the extremists in their religious clothes, doing what they like in Petra, the jewel of the Jordanian desert.

Arab antisemitism has always been in the form of an inferiority complex. Jews like to visit Petra but no one claims it as part of Israel. Yet Yassin is not only threatened by them, but their very existence - wearing their "religious clothes" - is "oppressive" to him.

If Jordanians were confident in their own heritage, they wouldn't be bothered by Jews visiting, just as Israelis are not threatened by Muslims respectfully visiting the Kotel.

One other interesting thing Yassin says, that the Nabateans who built Petra "spoke Arabic, not Hebrew." Actually, they spoke a version of Aramaic, and their alphabet would look familiar to any Hebrew speaker:

According to Sheikh Dr. Bassam Jarrar and his in-depth study of Quranic numerology, Israel was supposed to be destroyed by June of 2022. Even as late as April, a poll showed that a majority of Palestinians believed that it would happen.

Well, June has come and gone, which means....it is time for a new prophecy on how Israel will be destroyed.

And one such prophecy seems to be coming out of Algeria.

There has been some recent interest in an Algerian tribe known as the Adjars, or Djeddars of the Qutubim, or Cotopites, a Punic (Phoenician) tribe which apparently has some remaining members. (Here is a recent YouTube video and book about them.)

At Al Watan Voice, a ninth century Jewish grammarian and scholar named Judah ibn Kuraish is quoted about the Djeddars:

As for the Ajdar of Tahert, they carry a great grudge against the Jews, which they inherited from their ancestors the Amalekites, the eternal enemies of the Children of Israel who were expelled by Joshua bin Nun from the Holy Land. Tam Ibn Falt is one of the Amalekites who fled to the land of Morocco, and they are the sons of Timna from the people of Canaan who were cursed by the Lord.
Timna wss Amalek's mother who was a concubine to Eliphaz, son of Esau.

The article goes on to purportedly quote an Honoratus (not sure which one) who exclaimed in Latin to the tribe:

You are the sons of Timna, the sons of the expelled martyrs! You are ordered to wear the black and caps of your fathers, until the day when the Savior arises from you, and you will take revenge on your enemies!
The article goes on to quote a hadith that says in the end of days, Jesus will come out of Morocco (close enough) to kill the Antichrist in a series of wars against the Jews where, you guessed it, the stones and trees (except the Gharqad tree) will say, "O Muslim, there is a Jew behind me, so come and kill him.”

Jesus is Amalek? From the perspective of people who believe destroying the Jews is the best thing possible, sure, it makes perfect sense.

Kuwait’s Ministry of Commerce and Industry has ordered a shop in the city of Salmiya to close for selling Star of David necklaces that are illegal by law, The Jewish Chronicle first reported.

The ministry said in a Twitter post on Aug. 27 that an arrest had been made due to the “sale of slogans in violation of the public order of the state.” Included in the tweet was a photo of the two accessories featuring the Jewish symbol. The ministry also said that legal action was being taken against the seller.

A spokesperson for the Embassy of Israel in London slammed the ministry’s actions, telling The Jewish Chronicle: “We are not familiar with the details of the case, but if it is true that a store was closed because of the sale of a Star of David and other Judaica items, this is a clear antisemitic act. It is unacceptable that a state would so blatantly and aggressively attack freedom of religion.”

(full article online)

As ADL CEO, I hear stories every day of Jewish students facing challenges and hatred from all sides — but on college campuses, we are seeing different trends than what we usually observe across other parts of society. While we’ve tracked some increase in white supremacist activity on college campuses, these actors typically operate on the margins, out of range of college administrators or student organization budgets. Far more prominent and disruptive to Jewish student life is the rise of left-wing extremism — the radical left’s increasing normalization of hatred toward Israel and Zionism, and their frequent targeting of Jewish students for their support of Israel.

On campus, Jewish students often hear, “the Jewish State doesn’t belong,” “the Jewish State is illegitimate,” “Zionist Jews are all racists and white supremacists,” and “Jews need to renounce Israel and Zionism to have a place here.” This rhetoric has uncanny similarities to the extremist propaganda on the far right we see in other parts of society, which claims that “the Jewish people don’t belong,” “the Jewish people are illegitimate,” “Jews control the world,” and “Jews aren’t white.”

This kind of fringe activity has very real effects on our students.

Our 2020-2021 Campus Survey, conducted with Hillel International, found that one third of students experienced antisemitism on campus — and 79 percent of those students experienced antisemitism more than once. In 2021, antisemitic incidents on campusesincreased 21 percent when compared to 2020. Over the past year, we saw Jews depicted as pigs, including one pig with dollar signs instead of eyes, in a pamphlet published by a Students for Justice in Palestine (SJP) chapter; an attendee of an SJP rally threw a rock at a Hillel building; and students at SUNY New Paltz filed suit against the university for being excluded from a student organized support group simply because of their Jewish and Zionist identities.

Too often, university administrators do not respond to antisemitic incidents with the same thoroughness and transparency as they respond to other hateful acts. Often, that’s because they lack an understanding of when anti-Israel criticism crosses the line into antisemitism. This can embolden other radical leftist extremists to commit antisemitic acts without fear of repercussion, and it can silence Jewish students who don’t feel they’ll be protected in spaces they should feel welcome in.

This reluctance by too many college administrators to meaningfully address left-wing antisemitism on campus ultimately causes some students to hide their identities. Our survey also found that 15 percent of Jewish college students reported that they felt the need to hide their Jewish identity on campus, and 41 percent could not tell you where to report an antisemitic incident if one were to occur.

College campuses are often where the rubber meets the road when it comes to Jews experiencing antisemitism from the left, and so that is where the ADL is laser focused. Through our partnership with Hillel International and our dozens of regional offices across the country, we’re on the ground helping Jewish students manage antisemitism every day.

We have a robust suite of tools for university administrators, students, and families, and we’re continuing to roll out new updates of our research, our resources, and our trainings. In the coming weeks and months, we’ll have even more to share to help your child, my child, and all students feel respected and supported as Jews on campus.

(full article online)

Marianthi Pagouteli was condemned in 2013 for having an Internet blog in which she compared Zionists to Nazis and said she wished that Nazi leader Adolf Hitler would have “eradicated” all Jews.

(full article online)

(Someone help this woman )

Dr. Nadia Helmy's bio states that she is Associate Professor of Political Science, Faculty of Politics and Economics / Beni Suef University- Egypt. An Expert in Chinese Politics, Sino-Israeli relationships, and Asian affairs- Visiting Senior Researcher at the Centre for Middle Eastern Studies (CMES)/ Lund University, Sweden- Director of the South and East Asia Studies Unit. She has made numerous appearances on Egyptian TV as a pundit.

She is also going insane.

It looks like she published some serious papers about China's relations with the Arab world, but in recent months she has also been publishing nutty conspiracy theories - and asserting her genius even as she notes that everyone else thinks she is going crazy.

A European site called Modern Diplomacy apparently publishes her writings without any editor looking at it. They look to be Google translations from Arabic. Here is the first paragraph of an article of hers from August 4:

What occupied me the most during the last period after the control of the American Central Intelligence Agency and the Israeli Mossad on a number of those around me, including: professors, colleagues and relatives, was to spread the story of my madness everywhere, despite my severe isolation from everyone, due to my strict academic and analytical intelligence nature, which completely compels me to move away about all aspects of luxury or racing to get to know others for purely security reasons, related to my personal safety, for being targeted by the Israeli Mossad and the American Central Intelligence for many years, which made me very sorry, for the decline of morals of some, and their selling of their conscience and morals at any price for a few pounds will end It is implemented quickly, but it has caused harm to a person who was looking for restoring the dignity and prestige of the Arabs and helping them dismantle all the American and Israeli spy networks in the Middle East and the region, as well as preparing new generations capable of challenging and imposing and dictating their conditions on everyone with strictness and firmness. But, in the midst of this struggle, I was shocked by the morals of many around me, who sold and betrayed at a cheap price.
Wow.

Her August 25 article starts off by saying that she was attacked in the Beijing Chabad House, but she received an apology from the Israeli government - because, obviously, Israel controls Chabad:

After my study on the ground, the real situations of the Chinese Judaizers from Kaifeng Province in China, I have exposed to many risks, such as attacking me in the “Chabad House of Beijing for the Jewish prayers”. But, after my official complaint, I have received an official Israeli letter of apology addressed to me after the attack on me in the Chinese capital, “Beijing”, to prevent me from studying the file of Judaization and conscription for the Chinese in the Israel Defense Forces…
This paragraph, filled with equal parts paranoia and self-aggrandizement, is all a single sentence:

After studying this file on the conversion and recruitment of the Chinese in the IDF, and the intimidation and intimidation that happened to me after that, my whole life changed completely from just an ordinary girl, to a brilliant international academic, after whom the world came to understand the dimensions of her case, from studying the file of Kaifeng Jews and their recruitment in the Israeli Defense Army, and the dramatic changes that occurred in my entire life, and Israeli and American intelligence pressures, to force me to overlook several points, and not to shed light on them, so that neither the Arabs nor their ministries of defense and defense, military, intelligence and security institutions would understand all the circumstances of my case with evidence, and the reasons for those pressures which I suffer from, to force me to muzzle and close my mouth, and not to be exposed to the pictures and recruitment points of the Chinese Judaizers from the Chinese Kaifeng region in the Israel Defense Forces, to the point of spreading madness, so that no one understands my case with them specifically, and so that no one, Egyptian, Arab and international, listens to me, to understand well the circumstances of the case and what Israel and its Zionist organizations are doing in China, in terms of recruiting Chinese, especially young people from the Chinese Kaifeng region, then transferring them to Tel Aviv, training and enrolling them The Israeli Ministry of Defense, to use them in the future to fight the Arabs and our sons in the Gaza Strip in Palestine.
The rambling article claims that the IDF recruits Chinese mercenaries from Kaifeng, converts them to Judaism, and uses those and many other foreign mercenaries as cannon fodder while the real Jews stay away from the fighting. She then recommends that China plant its own spies to join the IDF and send the intelligence to its Arab allies.

As crazy as that is, this week she published in Arabic a long article that is close to unreadable, but the upshot is that Beijing International Airport has a non-denomintional prayer room where Jews and Muslims can both pray - and the Mossad is taking advantage of that by photographing the unsuspecting Muslim worshipers. She somehow relates this to Jews in the Temple Mount.

Normally I make fun of Arab conspiracy theorists, but this woman seems to have a real medical condition and it is frightening that we can track what may very well be a severe brain disorder in real time.

And she can still publish freely, which is more a reflection of the media than her.

Helmy's Twitter account is suspended. Who knows what she had written there.
Nadia, if you are seeing this by Googling your name, I know you have no reason to listen to me, but, please, seek help.

Forum List

Back