Stop all benefits for one year.

Mate, you're the one who keeps PMing me. Don't be mad if I respond. Take some personal responsibility. You know, you really are a crummy conservative. You want to live off the government. You blame other people for your own actions. And your entire position is based on emotional bleeding heart junk.

Really, I keep Pm'ing you? Telling you to stop maybe. Go ahead give me permission to post it.

And no I don't take a dime from the government that I didn't earn. You have a problem with that? Too fucking bad. Had I chosen a different profession I would expect the same from which ever company I would have worked for. And I probably would have had more control over it. But someone has to protect your rights to be an idiot.

Translation:

CryBaby-1.jpg

So we were wrong to plan on having social security? Really?

If your plan was to expect to survive off of government handouts, then yes, you were wrong. There is no reason why you could not have set yourself up for success without the government needing to provide for you. After all, it's exactly what you're expecting the younger generation to do. Set themselves up to survive without Social Security being available.

My grandfather was a WW2 veteran, fully disabled from a 15,000' fall after an AA round fireballed the B-24 he flew on. (He was the only survivor.) Explain, in detail, EXACTLY how he was supposed to "set himself up for success" when he often couldn't walk! Be specific.

Mate, you're the one who keeps PMing me. Don't be mad if I respond. Take some personal responsibility. You know, you really are a crummy conservative. You want to live off the government. You blame other people for your own actions. And your entire position is based on emotional bleeding heart junk.

Really, I keep Pm'ing you? Telling you to stop maybe. Go ahead give me permission to post it.

And no I don't take a dime from the government that I didn't earn. You have a problem with that? Too fucking bad. Had I chosen a different profession I would expect the same from which ever company I would have worked for. And I probably would have had more control over it. But someone has to protect your rights to be an idiot.

Translation:

CryBaby-1.jpg

Thank you for proving my point. Do carry on.

If your plan was to expect to survive off of government handouts, then yes, you were wrong. There is no reason why you could not have set yourself up for success without the government needing to provide for you. After all, it's exactly what you're expecting the younger generation to do. Set themselves up to survive without Social Security being available.

My grandfather was a WW2 veteran, fully disabled from a 15,000' fall after an AA round fireballed the B-24 he flew on. (He was the only survivor.) Explain, in detail, EXACTLY how he was supposed to "set himself up for success" when he often couldn't walk! Be specific.

Not likely that he would be able to. That's why my suggestion is to maintain full disability benefits.

Not likely that he would be able to. That's why my suggestion is to maintain full disability benefits.

Crappy dodge there skippy.

Crappy dodge there skippy.

:wtf:

Repeating what I said in the OP is a "dodge"? That's lunacy.

The money for SS is not federal government money. It is money that was paid by the workforce of America to fund their pensions.

Social Security is more than retirement benefits. It's a tax we pay to the government, which the government spends in a variety of ways. The only way a person will be paid anywhere near as much from Social Security as they paid in, is if you become disabled during your working years. Otherwise, you're only going to get pennies on the dollar. True story.

I don't believe this is quite true. I went to the SS web site and it tells me what I will receive and what I paid in. I paid a whole lot less then I will receive unless I do them a favor and die somewhere in my late 60s. I also saw that it would pay me more to go on disability then to retire.

To do as suggested would be criminal if a private company did the same. Ponzi schemes should not be conducted by the government.

When some of us started paying Social Security we did so with REAL MONEY.

Never forget that.

The dime I gave the government back in 1964 was made of silver and now would fetch about $3.50.

Now what is the present worth of money invested for 50 years when the rate of inflation that happened during that time is accounted for?

Assuming that the rate of interest (inflation) averaged 7.5% per year over the last 50 years? (that's the rate that today's dime fetches)

That dime investment is worth $3.72 today.

Last edited:
The money for SS is not federal government money. It is money that was paid by the workforce of America to fund their pensions.

Social Security is more than retirement benefits. It's a tax we pay to the government, which the government spends in a variety of ways. The only way a person will be paid anywhere near as much from Social Security as they paid in, is if you become disabled during your working years. Otherwise, you're only going to get pennies on the dollar. True story.

I don't believe this is quite true. I went to the SS web site and it tells me what I will receive and what I paid in. I paid a whole lot less then I will receive unless I do them a favor and die somewhere in my late 60s. I also saw that it would pay me more to go on disability then to retire.

I paid in 26k in my working career...I now get 24k per year in benefits...that's about a 100% return on my investment every year...not factoring in inflation. Hard to figure how that is sustainable...

I find it interesting that SwimExpert seems to have deleted a great number of his own posts from this thread despite Cecilie2000 quoting him widely. Also interesting that he would quote Cecilie from this thread in his own sig, as if it was something to be proud of, when to anyone else's view, he gets so thoroughly pwned here.

Oh well, carry on.

Veterans earned their benefits by spilling their own blood.

No one earns welfare.

The federal government is spending roughly $1.5 trillion a year on Social Security and Medicare/Medicaid alone. That doesn't even include foodstamps and other welfare programs, pensions, etc. How much is this doing for our economy, as we sink deeper into debt? I propose we cease all spending on such things for one year. The only exception being for those are disabled. During that same time, payroll taxes be reduced by 50% for everyone.

With the money saved, every tax payer and person who receives benefits gets a check for $7500. Use it as you see fit. Use it for food, use it for health care, use it for rent, use it to start your own business. This approach will offer substantial aid for people in need, will be a lesser total expenditure, and will actually yield a lesser deficit. Meanwhile, individuals will be able to have more disposable income with which to stimulate the economy.

Why shouldn't we do this?

Because many recipients paid into the systems.. for years. You can't just tell them "fuck you".

I propose either those making over 1 million a year give half their earnings to the government to cover these things OR they pay their workers better wages and they won't need welfare. SS nothing you can do about that. Its taken straight from paychecks.

I propose either those making over 1 million a year give half their earnings to the government to cover these things OR they pay their workers better wages and they won't need welfare. SS nothing you can do about that. Its taken straight from paychecks.

Why should those making over $1 million per year for any of this shit? How did they become responsible for it? If I have a job paying $7.00/hr and someone is willing to take it, how do I become responsible for paying that persons bills?

Please explain. I don't see the connection here.

The federal government is spending roughly $1.5 trillion a year on Social Security and Medicare/Medicaid alone. That doesn't even include foodstamps and other welfare programs, pensions, etc. How much is this doing for our economy, as we sink deeper into debt? I propose we cease all spending on such things for one year. The only exception being for those are disabled. During that same time, payroll taxes be reduced by 50% for everyone.

With the money saved, every tax payer and person who receives benefits gets a check for $7500. Use it as you see fit. Use it for food, use it for health care, use it for rent, use it to start your own business. This approach will offer substantial aid for people in need, will be a lesser total expenditure, and will actually yield a lesser deficit. Meanwhile, individuals will be able to have more disposable income with which to stimulate the economy.

Why shouldn't we do this?

Because many recipients paid into the systems.. for years. You can't just tell them "fuck you".

Why not? They've been saying "fuck you" to younger generations for decades.

Forum List

Back