Stolen Valor Sarah Cavanaugh going to federal prison!

Rust_Cohle

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2021
[Redacted]

Let this be a lesson to the frauds and fakes out there (and on this board McRib) who lie about your military service. You will be caught and you will go to Shawshank pound you in the ass prison

Last edited:
Not only did this person scam major cash from good people, but she seriously damaged those who actually need help as people will now wonder, is that just another scam?

I had a U.S customer who said I used military lingo (phonetics) or something to this effect and asked if I had served. I told him thst I would never misrepresent myself (in any serious manner) as it is offensive to those who have served. In my opinion it is a fairly offensive character quality to do so.

I'm filing charges against you for defamation. Talk to your lawyer. Tell him to ask to see my DD214, and suggest a settlement.
Also have reported this to US MessageBoard - no court action against them.
Any further flak from you will result in higher $etttlment demand.

1680379848119.jpeg

Last edited:
I had a U.S customer who said I used military lingo (phonetics) or something to this effect and asked if I had served. I told him thst I would never misrepresent myself (in any serious manner) as it is offensive to those who have served. In my opinion it is a fairly offensive character quality to do so.
You're right of course. But what is even more disgusting is when someone says that they were in combat and they actually were not. For example, my late brother was with the 82nd Airborne. He was in the service. So if he says he served, he is correct. Now, if he said he was in combat though...somehow (and this is just me) to me that is even worse than saying you were in and you were not.

Both are terrible...dont' get me wrong
but if you served and say you didn't that is awful...
if you served and said you were in combat and were not...that is horrible.
If you may have served at one time (or not) then made the claim that you were in combat years later....wow...you're going to hell.

It is even more offensive when people say that those who did serve in the US military, and left with an honorable discharge, to claim that they didn't serve, and are guilty of "stolen valor."

Isn’t it always a crime to lie about military service?

In general, no. While it may be morally reprehensible, it is usually not a crime. However, the Stolen Valor Act of 2013 (https://www.congress.gov/bill/113th-congress/house-bill/258) makes it a crime for someone to claim they received certain medals to obtain money, property, or some other tangible benefit. The law only bars false claims about certain military awards, including the Purple Heart, Bronze Star, and a few others; and ONLY when someone makes a false claim about them to gain money or some tangible benefit from a crime. Someone falsely claiming military service to brag or impress others is not a crime. However, our office can investigate other crimes as long as it involves forging, altering, or misusing records from NARA in some way.

(b) Any person who commits the crime of stolen valor shall be punished by imprisonment in a house of correction for not more than 1 year or by a fine of $1,000, or both such fine and imprisonment.

So is this on top of the conventional fraud charges? I would hope so; that alone is pretty light for a scam that raked in that much money.

The Supreme Court ruled that "Stolen Valor" is contemptible but it is protected by the 1st Amendment. Don't fool yourselves, the babe wasn't convicted for Stolen Valor, she was convicted of generic charges related to identity theft.

Forum List

Back