Still think the US doesn't produce enough oil and natural gas?

Because of the creativity of private enterprise and power of free enterprise

BTW, How's that whole "Peak Oil" theory of your coming along?

So, if I might interpret, what you're saying is that the current environment is great for private enterprise.

That's a good thing isn't it?

Obama's a fucking disaster and Democrats are the worst thing for private enterprise. The oil and gas people succeed in spite of Obama and Pelosi

And that's a good thing

Dumb fuck, who was President October, 2008? What party rammed through the repeal of Glass-Steagal?

The oil and gas corps are making profits hand over fist. They can well afford to pay reasonable taxes.

Are you suggesting that Obama had anything to do with this phenomena?

It's been accomplished with the input of private capital, risk, ingenuity, and technology.

Can you tell my why Obama has $40 billion in oil and gas taxes waiting in his budget?

He's got the oil and gas companies working better than they did under Jr.

really, and how is he doing that?

By having an economy that is not going over a cliff. You people nearly gave us the Second Great Republican Depression. That is why you "it's the economy, stupid" message resonated in a negative manner for you this election. We well understood that it is the economy, and we don't want you idiots screwing it up again.

By having an economy that is not going over a cliff. You people nearly gave us the Second Great Republican Depression. That is why you "it's the economy, stupid" message resonated in a negative manner for you this election. We well understood that it is the economy, and we don't want you idiots screwing it up again.

Annual trillion deficits and 4 years of 8% unemployment is "Saved"?

Wow

What has that got to do with US energy self-reliance?

KXL is to have many functions. Media ignores them.

Not only the media.
There are many doubting the true long-term advantage to the US of the pipeline.

Count them, but only if they don't drive cars, fly in planes, use anything made of plastic, or use any other product derived from long chain hydrocarbons.

In other words, hypocrites don't count.

The oil and gas corps are making profits hand over fist. They can well afford to pay reasonable taxes.

So can everyone else who lives in America and utilizes the services provided. Such as all of those who pay NO taxes.

It's been accomplished with the input of private capital, risk, ingenuity, and technology.

Can you tell my why Obama has $40 billion in oil and gas taxes waiting in his budget?

by slowing down and limiting permits, rigging the regulations to slow down development, those sorts of things. Then the oil and gas companies complain, and charge twice as much more than the regulations actually cost them, thereby making the government restriction on their doing business into a profit center.

So, if I might interpret, what you're saying is that the current environment is great for private enterprise.

Obama's a fucking disaster and Democrats are the worst thing for private enterprise. The oil and gas people succeed in spite of Obama and Pelosi

And that's a good thing

Dumb fuck, who was President October, 2008? What party rammed through the repeal of Glass-Steagal?

Not paying their "fair share"? Here's a staggering fact: The Tax Foundation estimates that, between 1981 and 2008, oil and gas companies sent more dollars to Washington and the state capitols than they earned in profits for shareholders.

Review & Outlook: Big Oil, Bigger Taxes - WSJ.com

Admit it, Mr. R., you just hate hydrocarbons. :eusa_eh:

KXL is to have many functions. Media ignores them.

Not only the media.

Count them, but only if they don't drive cars, fly in planes, use anything made of plastic, or use any other product derived from long chain hydrocarbons.

Your reply makes no sense.

More education
Cheaper education

Trade schools, College, on job education, etc.

Let's grow wealth in all classes!

Do you consider the possibility that not everyone in the US can be "improved" by education and training?

Not only the media.

makes perfect sense. Those who's actions reveal the lie in their words should not be counted. Watch what they do, not what they say. They say "no more pipeline!" while using products every day originating and moved by a pipeline. Their words say "no no no!" and their actions say "yes yes yes!". Count them if their actions match their words, but otherwise you are just adding up those who really aren't telling the truth.

How has "he" accomplished this? I honestly don't see it.

He accomplished this by making oil cost $100+/bbl.

Gasoline at $4/gallon

Amazing how much oil you can find when its worth something.

As far as the predictions of the IEA are concerned...well, they are predictions.

International agencies have been known to be wrong.

At any rate, the point is not that Obama has had anything to do with oil production: The point is that he has been a direct obstruction to TRANSPORTING oil from Canada to US refineries. Like most people unaccustomed to ever having to manufacture anything, Obama believes that simply having discovered the raw materials means that magic will transform them to useable materials.

More education
Cheaper education

Do you consider the possibility that not everyone in the US can be "improved" by education and training?

College is wasted on most of the people who attend college. Of what use is some dolt with a degree in psychology? he would have been more use to society if they had taken him directly from high school and put him to work in the salt mine.

More education
Cheaper education

College is wasted on most of the people who attend college.

That is my general opinion. But is it because I am familiar with college, the graduates of, or the people going in? I haven't decided yet.

BriPat said:
Of what use is some dolt with a degree in psychology? he would have been more use to society if they had taken him directly from high school and put him to work in the salt mine.

Psychology can occasionally be useful. I think. But maybe 1 psychologist in 100 is worth the additional investment of college or advanced education. The rest? Put them in the salt mines I suppose.

The boom in oil shale and nat gas is IN SPITE of poor economic and regulatory climate. If you want to claim that validates your politics -- you're welcome to attempt that trick.

If you read about what's going on in the Dakotas -- the govt there can't even get their pants on fast enough to respond. Makes a donkey's arse out of the "you didn't build that" claim. Because lack of roads, houses, schools, etc, etc is NOT gonna stop the free marketers up there from succeeding. In fact, the companies and PRIVATE sources are voluntarily making up for the lethargy and incompetence of local, state, and fed govt..

I'm sure sooner or later an army of bureaucrats will descend on them and muck up the progress. Just be patient. Your heroes will finally arrive and stop all this progress..

How can you say that the increase is happening "in spite of" the gummint?
It's happening...and the gummint is in power...

By all means, please prove that there's no link.

No silly.. YOU might give admins credit for stuff they had NOTHING to do with -- but that's charlatanism. Go read the stories of how the private sector is taking up the slack there for a State/Local govt that can't even BEGIN to address the boom. The govts are lagging so far behind --- it'll be years before they can ruin the progress.

There's a whole thread on USMB (or two or three). Don't wanna re-tell that story. Go catch up on how it started and how significant the private enterprise and direction has been. Down to the level of providing their OWN infrastructure and schools and housing and paying MORE (voluntarily) in taxes and fees than they need to.

Lemme give ya a hint.. Last time I time -- McDonalds there were paying $10/hr to START. All without an act of Congress OR a class warfare speech by your Dear Leader..

Last edited:

makes perfect sense. Those who's actions reveal the lie in their words should not be counted. Watch what they do, not what they say. They say "no more pipeline!" while using products every day originating and moved by a pipeline. Their words say "no no no!" and their actions say "yes yes yes!". Count them if their actions match their words, but otherwise you are just adding up those who really aren't telling the truth.

What has that got to do with the economic benefits of the pipeline?
I wasn't referring to objections to oil per se.

Forum List

Back