Still think the US doesn't produce enough oil and natural gas?

If all those policies are so bad, then why is the US slated to become the top producer of natural gas in 2017 and the top producer of oil in 2020?

Because of the creativity of private enterprise and power of free enterprise

BTW, How's that whole "Peak Oil" theory of your coming along?

Peak oilers are fleeing for their lives from their previous positions, but anyone with functioning neurons would have seen that coming years ago.

The globe's glut of energy | Climate Spectator

I want someone to explain to me how Obama has hampered energy production in this country.

That's all on private land, shit for brains. Obama has been reducing the number of drilling permits on federal lands and just recently placed 1.2 million acres off limits to drilling.

Trying to build business plans with a minimum of $40 billion in taxes staring you down doesn't help. It's in His budget- read it. I have.

Obama has spewed threatening rhetoric at oil and gas from the git-go. He has demonized hydrocarbons the past 4 years and he will continue to do so.

Who I admire are the oil people and businesses that are still around after 10-20- hell, 60 years (like us). We've weathered $10 oil in 1999 and in 2007 when it hit $140 we went hell bent for leather spending money like dunken sailors to drill more wells, employ more people, contribute to the GDP, reduce the trade deficit, increase America's energy production and security, pay more taxes...

When times are tough we don't turn belly up and suck tit. We lay low and weather the storm. Nurse what production we have. Get second jobs, take out second mortgages, eat a hell of a lot of pasta and beans.

That's the true mark of an American. Look for opportunity, stick to your guns in good times and bad, do what you do best come hell or high water.

And need I remind you (Obama sure needs reminding), that 95% of exploration and drillling in the U.S. is done by Independents- NOT "Big Oil".

In good times or bad- once each month I go down to the local gas station and buy a complete stranger a tank of gas. Why? Why the fuck not.

So let me get this straight, by whatever policies Obama has or has not signed off on our private oil production is going up. This is what you want, right? The only reason to do otherwise is if we think our oil will be needed in the future for a potential hot or cold war with the Chinese or OPEC nations.

Did you want Obama to federalize the oil industry and pump more himself?

How about figuring Obama's folks knew with barrell prices up as high as they are American oil is viable again. Oh, and yes I believe in environmental regulations, the more modern higher CAFE standards and all that also. No need to be lazy.

So let me get this straight, by whatever policies Obama has or has not signed off on our private oil production is going up. This is what you want, right? The only reason to do otherwise is if we think our oil will be needed in the future for a potential hot or cold war with the Chinese or OPEC nations.

Did you want Obama to federalize the oil industry and pump more himself?

How about figuring Obama's folks knew with barrell prices up as high as they are American oil is viable again. Oh, and yes I believe in environmental regulations, the more modern higher CAFE standards and all that also. No need to be lazy.

Obama's folks are as fucking stick stupid as Obama himself. They know not shit.

Higher CAFE good, imo. Reduce, reuse, recycle. Lather, rinse, repeat.

But (and that's a big butt) stay the hell out of the face of the true economic engines that are creating jobs. Stop penalizing success and rewarding lathargy in the name of taxation for sake of lazy nation.

Kick up your bootstraps, ladies.

If all those policies are so bad, then why is the US slated to become the top producer of natural gas in 2017 and the top producer of oil in 2020?

So, if I might interpret, what you're saying is that the current environment is great for private enterprise.

That's a good thing isn't it?

So, if I might interpret, what you're saying is that the current environment is great for private enterprise.

Reading more than one post in this thread would help in your interpretation.

Obama's a fucking disaster and Democrats are the worst thing for private enterprise. The oil and gas people succeed in spite of Obama and Pelosi

And that's a good thing

Obama's a fucking disaster and Democrats are the worst thing for private enterprise. The oil and gas people succeed in spite of Obama and Pelosi

And that's a good thing

So, the oil and gas companies are succeeding, production is increasing, US dependence on overseas energy is decreasing...where's your beef exactly?

And that's a good thing

If that's the truth Crusty Skank, can you explain how those policies have hurt the oil and gas companies?

Truth is, production is up, demand is down, we export more than we import and the oil and gas industry is doing just fine.

Seems that a lot of people on this board who are conservative have been screaming at the top of their lungs that Obama is going to ruin oil production.

Well..................guess what..............................

U.S. oil output is poised to surpass Saudi Arabia’s in the next decade, making the world’s biggest fuel consumer almost self-reliant and putting it on track to become a net exporter, the International Energy Agency said.

Growing supplies of crude extracted through new technology including hydraulic fracturing of underground rock formations will transform the U.S. into the largest producer for about five years starting about 2020, the Paris-based adviser to 28 nations said today in its annual World Energy Outlook. The U.S. met 83 percent of its energy needs in the first six months of this year, according to the Energy Department in Washington.

“The IEA outlook feeds into the idea of a shift in the center of influence in the world oil market,” said Gareth Lewis-Davies, an analyst at BNP Paribas SA in London. “Given Saudi Arabia is willing to shift production up and down it will retain a large degree of influence, and remain important as a price-influencer.”

U.S. Oil Output to Overtake Saudi Arabia

And that's not all..................we're fixing to overtake Russia in production of natural gas.

A surge in unconventional supplies will see the United States overtake Russia as the world’s biggest natural gas producer in 2017, but it will still need imports to feed a voracious appetite, the International Energy Agency (IEA) said on Tuesday.

A rapid rise in production of shale gas and oil trapped in difficult reservoirs has revolutionized the industry of the world’s top fuel consumer, turning it from the biggest gas importer to a potential exporter and reducing its dependency on expensive crude shipments.

Despite low gas prices that have slowed the pace of drilling somewhat, the momentum of the shale gas boom led to the United States adding production equivalent to half the annual shipments of top liquefied natural gas (LNG) exporter Qatar in 2011, and it could soon overtake Russia as top producer.

“The United States is forecast to be one of the largest sources of incremental supply to 2017, where gas production continues to boom despite a difficult gas pricing environment... putting the United States slightly ahead of Russia,” the IEA said in a report issued on Tuesday.

“High oil prices, driving the production of gas associated with light tight oil extraction, combined with substantial domestic consumption and new international opportunities, are expected to underpin continued expansion of U.S. gas production over the period.”

The IEA expects total U.S. gas production to rise from 653 billion cubic meters (bcm) in 2011 to 769 bcm in 2017, while Russian gas output is expected to rise from 659 bcm last year to 757 bcm over the period.

U.S. to overtake Russia as top gas producer: IEA

I want someone to explain to me how Obama has hampered energy production in this country.

someone started a similar thread and several of us posted , say the report that the dept. of the interior locked up another 1.6 millions acres that had been under review for exploration.

In addition right this very moment the epa is getting ready ( after having lost I think it was 6 court cases) to attempt to insert themselves into how the states regulate private land for use in fracking etc.

The boom in oil shale and nat gas is IN SPITE of poor economic and regulatory climate. If you want to claim that validates your politics -- you're welcome to attempt that trick.

If you read about what's going on in the Dakotas -- the govt there can't even get their pants on fast enough to respond. Makes a donkey's arse out of the "you didn't build that" claim. Because lack of roads, houses, schools, etc, etc is NOT gonna stop the free marketers up there from succeeding. In fact, the companies and PRIVATE sources are voluntarily making up for the lethargy and incompetence of local, state, and fed govt..

I'm sure sooner or later an army of bureaucrats will descend on them and muck up the progress. Just be patient. Your heroes will finally arrive and stop all this progress..

The boom in oil shale and nat gas is IN SPITE of poor economic and regulatory climate. If you want to claim that validates your politics -- you're welcome to attempt that trick.

If you read about what's going on in the Dakotas -- the govt there can't even get their pants on fast enough to respond. Makes a donkey's arse out of the "you didn't build that" claim. Because lack of roads, houses, schools, etc, etc is NOT gonna stop the free marketers up there from succeeding. In fact, the companies and PRIVATE sources are voluntarily making up for the lethargy and incompetence of local, state, and fed govt..

I'm sure sooner or later an army of bureaucrats will descend on them and muck up the progress. Just be patient. Your heroes will finally arrive and stop all this progress..

How can you say that the increase is happening "in spite of" the gummint?
It's happening...and the gummint is in power...

By all means, please prove that there's no link.

Are you suggesting that Obama had anything to do with this phenomena?

It's been accomplished with the input of private capital, risk, ingenuity, and technology.

Can you tell my why Obama has $40 billion in oil and gas taxes waiting in his budget?

He's got the oil and gas companies working better than they did under Jr.

really, and how is he doing that?

Seems the cost of a barrel of oil has been high enough for some time to make US production worth it.

Go capitalism!

What do you want Obama to do? Small government and security what we are going for, right? If the government does anything it should be to let the private sector pump first and save public oil for a possible oil shortage time in the future when we may NEED it as a matter of national security. Anyways, government land oil will be worth more then.

Forum List

Back