State of Texas vs State of New York when it come to Covid-19:

The real reason why Texas did better than New York is the Governing of the States!

As one poster attempted to spread misinformation about Texas the fact is Texas is a Border State that imports Billions of Dollars of Product from Mexico yearly while also being home to one of the busiest sea ports in the World and one of the busiest Airports in the World which make Texas a vital International Hub for the UNITED STATES of AMERICA!

The fact is Governor Abbott took the threat of the virus seriously and quickly issued orders to allow County and City officials to take action to shut their communities down.

Abbott did not play politics with people lives and when New Orleans saw a jump in cases the Governor ordered the closing of the Texas and Louisiana border to anyone that was coming from Louisiana and ordering them to quarantine for fourteen days.

The fact is Abbott worked with Local and County Officials and even though mistakes were made and will be made the way Governor Abbott ran the State not only saved lives but allowed us to reopen quicker.

So it is the leadership or lack of Micromanaging that saved lives that Cuomo and Trump failed at in my opinion!

Many of you have been wanting to compare the U.S. response to the Covid-19 outbreak to countries like China, South Korea, New Zealand and Germany but what should be done is let compare the Covid-19 outbreak and the State Government response instead...

State of New York has had over 340k infected with the Covid-19 virus State of Texas has over 40k infected...

State of New York had over 27k deaths from Covid-19 while State of Texas had only over 1k deaths...

State of New York population is just south of 20m while the State of Texas population is just south of 30m.

Now some of you are going to mention New York State has New York City and is a international hub while forgetting Texas has Houston and Dallas as International Hubs and has border crossing with Mexico that goes from Brownsville to El Paso while the Port of Houston is one of the largest ports in the World.

So let compare and let me ask you what did Governor Greg Abbott do better than Governor Andrew Cuomo?

What did Mayor Sylvester Turner of Houston do correctly that Mayor Bill de Blasio didn't do?

You also need to know that Texas is a Minority-Majority State with Cities like San Antonio, Houston, Dallas and Fort Worth with populations over a million while having a large border with Mexico and most of Texas Major Cities are Democratically ran...

That information is for those that believe Texas is some redneck haven ran only by Republicans...

So left let compare the States and each Governor response and you tell me why Texas has less cases and deaths when it come to Covid-19...

Links are provided and let remember also Texas Economy is in the top ten of the World along with California...

So what did Texas do correctly that New York failed at?

Texas isn’t home to two of the largest international airports in the world, and has no mass transit system. People don’t spend their time in elevators and other closed in spaces, and there aren't thousands of people walking in the streets every day.

Everything you typed is pretty much bullshit.

Many of you have been wanting to compare the U.S. response to the Covid-19 outbreak to countries like China, South Korea, New Zealand and Germany but what should be done is let compare the Covid-19 outbreak and the State Government response instead...

State of New York has had over 340k infected with the Covid-19 virus State of Texas has over 40k infected...

State of New York had over 27k deaths from Covid-19 while State of Texas had only over 1k deaths...

State of New York population is just south of 20m while the State of Texas population is just south of 30m.

Now some of you are going to mention New York State has New York City and is a international hub while forgetting Texas has Houston and Dallas as International Hubs and has border crossing with Mexico that goes from Brownsville to El Paso while the Port of Houston is one of the largest ports in the World.

So let compare and let me ask you what did Governor Greg Abbott do better than Governor Andrew Cuomo?

What did Mayor Sylvester Turner of Houston do correctly that Mayor Bill de Blasio didn't do?

You also need to know that Texas is a Minority-Majority State with Cities like San Antonio, Houston, Dallas and Fort Worth with populations over a million while having a large border with Mexico and most of Texas Major Cities are Democratically ran...

That information is for those that believe Texas is some redneck haven ran only by Republicans...

So left let compare the States and each Governor response and you tell me why Texas has less cases and deaths when it come to Covid-19...

Links are provided and let remember also Texas Economy is in the top ten of the World along with California...

Texas isn’t home to two of the largest international airports in the world, and has no mass transit system. People don’t spend their time in elevators and other closed in spaces, and there aren't thousands of people walking in the streets every day.

No kidding!

She states New York City has the two busiest Airports in the World and yet offered no evidence to support her opinion and then I pointed out DFW has higher traffic than JFK and guess what?

She disappeared and why?

Simple, she hit and run and when shown she is incorrect she will not admit she is wrong!

The ignorance of some to tell people from Texas what Texas people do or do not do is amazing!

No kidding!

She states New York City has the two busiest Airports in the World and yet offered no evidence to support her opinion and then I pointed out DFW has higher traffic than JFK and guess what?

She disappeared and why?

Simple, she hit and run and when shown she is incorrect she will not admit she is wrong!

The ignorance of some to tell people from Texas what Texas people do or do not do is amazing!

She's one of those who think we all ride horses to work and live on a ranch.

No kidding!

She disappeared and why?

She's one of those who think we all ride horses to work and live on a ranch.

You don't?

How do you get around?

Also you must be wearing Cowboy Boots, Cowboy Hat and drive a beater of a truck like a old Dodge!!!

( Stop laughing because with my luck you will say hell yeah )

Most on the left do not know Houston is the first Major City to elect a Lesbian Mayor here in the States, Texas was one of the first States to elect a female Governor ( Just one before Texas ) and that we are a Minority-Majority State with a economy that only California rivals against us...

Houston is the fourth largest populated city in America and my bet will be number three if not next year by 2030!

Dallas/FT Worth and San Antonio are in the top ten!

They see a Republican Governor and think the State is nothing but rednecks that beat their wives...

When I saw her post. . . . . . so wrong. It made me wonder if this Canuck had ever even been to Texas?!? :dunno:

. . . . but then I thought. . . why bother, it's Bruce's thread, let him take down that garbage. :auiqs.jpg:

When I saw her post. . . . . . so wrong. It made me wonder if this Canuck had ever even been to Texas?!? :dunno:

. . . . but then I thought. . . why bother, it's Bruce's thread, let him take down that garbage. :auiqs.jpg:

You do know I am French-Canadian born outside Toronto and French was my natural language in my youth...

Anyhoo, the fact is when someone come in a thread like this they better have the facts correct or I will present the facts and show them that Texas is not some redneck State and Governor Abbott is not perfect by any means but I have faith in the man and he has so far done a good job...

Andrew Cuomo can not make that claim...

Or a Governor who sends very sick people with the Wuhan Virus to retirement homes, like Cuomo the killer did.

Or a Governor who sends very sick people with the Wuhan Virus to retirement homes, like Cuomo the killer did.

She was incorrect about New York City airport's and DFW has more traffic than JFK...

Those like Dragonlady live on old news thinking the United States of America goes through either New York or California but Texas is as or more powerful than California and the question still remains how Texas was able to keep from getting the virus like New York did?

Her nonsense that people do not walk on the streets, New York has the largest Airports and subways is either a lie or misinformation and with her I tend to believe she is lying because of her hate for Texas while believing Texas is a White Majority State.

Fact is Houston should have been hit harder than it has been because of the obesity rate, pollution and many elderly with health conditions and Houston being a Medical Center for the U.S., so again what gives?

We did not do a full scale no one can move or you will die lockdown, so the numbers should be a lot higher but yet as you can see New York State has almost 27× the deaths and almost 9× the infected and has almost ten million less in population to Texas and does not have a large international border like Texas not a International Port like Port of Houston and lack a airport like DFW, so what gives?

It is the fact Governor Abbott did not micromanage nor play politics with the virus and let the County and Local officials do their job within his guidelines...

Well, my foreign troll, you could not be more wrong. DFW and Houston Intercontinental Airport are two of the largest international airports in the United States. There are thousands of elevators in Texas, and while there are more drivers in Texas, there are still a high concentration of people walking the sidewalks of the cities of Texas. So, your contention proves you are just making things up. Your ignorance is overwhelming and your trolling here was amateurish.

No kidding!

She disappeared and why?

She's a foreign troll.

SO. We now have the info needed to declare NY a shithole.
We also have the info to declare Texas the lesser shithole.
Costa-Rica-coronavirus-data-May-12-2020.png

Clearly, Texas is populated by people who are much smarter than the people of New York. It is also clear that the governor of Texas is much more competent than the governor of NY.

Who could possibly draw any other conclusion?

Clearly, Texas is populated by people who are much smarter than the people of New York. It is also clear that the governor of Texas is much more competent than the governor of NY.

Who could possibly draw any other conclusion?

How about actually explaining why Texas was not hit as hard?

As I pointed out Texas is a International Hub with more people and yet New York State has 27× the amount of Deaths and almost 9x the infected while Texas has almost Ten Million more people...

Also you can't claim New York has bigger airports with foot or air traffic because DFW out ranks them and Houston Medical Center is one of the best Medical Communities in America and yet we did not even get hit as hard as New York...

Port of Houston is one of the busiest Sea Ports in the World and again Texas shares a border with Mexico...

In the end you would think with how the left claims Texas is such a worthless State many more would have died here and yet the State of New York has the worst casualties...

Maybe you are correct Cuomo and de Blasio failed their Citizens while Abbott and Mayors like Turner of Houston did not...

Oh, Turner is Democrat and Black FYI...

You get a "mostly bullshit" rating on that lazy effort.

DFW is the 4th busiest airport in the US at 75 million passengers/year while JKF is the 6th busiest at 61 million/year
The Biggest and Busiest Airports in the US in 2020

Dallas, Ft. Worth, Arlington and all the other mid-cities are not cattle drive villages like you saw on Gunsmoke. We have lots of skyscrapers, elevators and lots of pedestrian traffic.

I'll let you in on the secret. It will be cryptic, much like Ben Hogan's "the secret is in the dirt" when asked what is the 'holy grail' of the golf swing. It took me years, but I figured out his cryptic message.

Here's mine: "we're not a bunch of dumb mother fuckin' yankees"

It may take a lifetime time to decipher the nuances of my message, but it will be worth it.

Texas has no public subway service. People drive in cars.
1 punch knock out. You win.

Wow, Candycorn declares winner just like her buddy Dragonlady while never offering facts as usual and I wonder why?

Simple, Texas is proving that their leadership from the Governor to the Mayors the virus could be contained and not spread.

Also candycorn care to explain the mass transit that the people of Dallas and Houston use daily or will you run away from this discussion screaming " Trump " as you usually do?

The ignorance and arrogance that many of you on the left have when defending New York failure is AMAZING!

So, you believe that the reason why New York could not contain the virus is because of the Subway system, then explain Illinois seeing Chi-town has one and yet Chicago is not suffering as much!?!

No, the fact is you see a Democrat Governor and Mayor and believe their failure issomeone to something else that caused their failure but reality is Cuomo and de Blasio failed the people of New York!

When California, Texas and Illinois have far less deaths and sick than New York the failure is on New Your leardership!

Wow, Candycorn declares winner just like her buddy Dragonlady while never offering facts as usual and I wonder why?

Simple, Texas is proving that their leadership from the Governor to the Mayors the virus could be contained and not spread.

Also candycorn care to explain the mass transit that the people of Dallas and Houston use daily or will you run away from this discussion screaming " Trump " as you usually do?

The ignorance and arrogance that many of you on the left have when defending New York failure is AMAZING!

So, you believe that the reason why New York could not contain the virus is because of the Subway system, then explain Illinois seeing Chi-town has one and yet Chicago is not suffering as much!?!

No, the fact is you see a Democrat Governor and Mayor and believe their failure issomeone to something else that caused their failure but reality is Cuomo and de Blasio failed the people of New York!

When California, Texas and Illinois have far less deaths and sick than New York the failure is on New Your leardership!

My arrogance comes from people like you giving me a superiority complex. Take this post for example.

You're comparing the public transit systems in NY with the ones in Dallas and Houston?

You're dumber than I thought.

Your blob's DHS on 3/10 mandated that the thousands of people returning to the US via air travel land at 13 airports. 2 were in metro NYC. Once there, the blob didn't have enough people on the ground to screen the untested travelers whom his DHS was forcing to stand shoulder-to-shoulder for hours on end.

This is why you saw so many outbreaks in Arlington, TX (it was one of the airports as well) as well as Detroit (another one of the airports). It was a botch job from the word "go" by your blob as well as the leadership in NYC--mayor, PA chairs, etc...

My arrogance comes from people like you giving me a superiority complex. Take this post for example.

You're comparing the public transit systems in NY with the ones in Dallas and Houston?

You're dumber than I thought.

Your blob's DHS on 3/10 mandated that the thousands of people returning to the US via air travel land at 13 airports. 2 were in metro NYC. Once there, the blob didn't have enough people on the ground to screen the untested travelers whom his DHS was forcing to stand shoulder-to-shoulder for hours on end.

This is why you saw so many outbreaks in Arlington, TX (it was one of the airports as well) as well as Detroit (another one of the airports). It was a botch job from the word "go" by your blob as well as the leadership in NYC--mayor, PA chairs, etc...

As everyone can see Candycorn can not read because if she did she would have noticed in another post I state Trump was a failure but he is my blog according to her way of thinking!

In your own response you just admitted that DFW was also one of the thirteen places people came in and yet just 40k infected and a little over 1k dead but of course you will then lie and say that is not true either.

Also you lying troll in my response to you I pointed to Chicago subway system and boy did you ignore that and why?

Simple, you can't handle the damn truth!

I also gave Gavin Newsom of California credit for doing a better job that Cuomo by stating California which has a larger population had less infected and deaths, and you ignored that!

All you can do is troll and lie, so deal with the facts or will you lie some more?

Forum List

Back