State of Texas vs State of New York when it come to Covid-19:

Bruce_T_Laney

Platinum Member
May 27, 2014
Hell
Many of you have been wanting to compare the U.S. response to the Covid-19 outbreak to countries like China, South Korea, New Zealand and Germany but what should be done is let compare the Covid-19 outbreak and the State Government response instead...

State of New York has had over 340k infected with the Covid-19 virus State of Texas has over 40k infected...

State of New York had over 27k deaths from Covid-19 while State of Texas had only over 1k deaths...

State of New York population is just south of 20m while the State of Texas population is just south of 30m.

Now some of you are going to mention New York State has New York City and is a international hub while forgetting Texas has Houston and Dallas as International Hubs and has border crossing with Mexico that goes from Brownsville to El Paso while the Port of Houston is one of the largest ports in the World.

So let compare and let me ask you what did Governor Greg Abbott do better than Governor Andrew Cuomo?

What did Mayor Sylvester Turner of Houston do correctly that Mayor Bill de Blasio didn't do?

You also need to know that Texas is a Minority-Majority State with Cities like San Antonio, Houston, Dallas and Fort Worth with populations over a million while having a large border with Mexico and most of Texas Major Cities are Democratically ran...

That information is for those that believe Texas is some redneck haven ran only by Republicans...

So left let compare the States and each Governor response and you tell me why Texas has less cases and deaths when it come to Covid-19...

Links are provided and let remember also Texas Economy is in the top ten of the World along with California...

So what did Texas do correctly that New York failed at?

• Banned
Texas has no public subway service. People drive in cars.

I needed to correct myself because Houston has a Train System but still the fact Texans do not ride a train system can not be the reason why we did not get as infected as New York?

I needed to correct myself because Houston has a Train System but still the fact Texans do not ride a train system can not be the reason why we did not get as infected as New York?

Well, part of NYC's problem was that they didn't limit the number of people on their subways or take steps to sanitize the seats and trains while encouraging people to continue to use the subways and trains.

• Banned

Well, part of NYC's problem was that they didn't limit the number of people on their subways or take steps to sanitize the seats and trains while encouraging people to continue to use the subways and trains.

So you would say lack of sanitation?

Interesting but still let remember Houston, Texas has flights daily from regions of the World ( Asia ) and has the Houston Medical Center, so again why didn't Houston get nailed like New York City?

The Mayor is Democrat and the County Judge is also Democrat and yet it seem Houston and Texas took this more seriously than New York State or City...

What was the Texas Governor's policy toward nursing homes?

What I was reading among my MI friend's chatter, was the reason that Whitmer and Cuomo had such horrible results, was their insistence that nursing homes take infected elderly? I haven't looked up these policies to verify them to see if that chatter is true though. . . . so. . . .

We have to remember the elederly and immuno-compromised are the demographic we are looking at. Everyone else, statistically, survives.

I am not sure if that is true? :dunno:

What policies affect these populations?

• Banned
It is anecdotal. A lot of people in NY live in high density environments with circulated air.
Hmmm, intersting...

Still with the known knowledge of how the virus is spread wouldn't you believe Dallas and Houston would have been as infected?

I am going off the thought of International Travelers from Asia and Iran that influx the region daily along with the International Shipping done through Houston and Sailors being on a ship for a long period of time....

Interesting but still let remember Houston, Texas has flights daily from regions of the World ( Asia ) and has the Houston Medical Center, so again why didn't Houston get nailed like New York City?

The Mayor is Democrat and the County Judge is also Democrat and yet it seem Houston and Texas took this more seriously than New York State or City...

Heat, humidity, and sunlight....don’t mess with Texas....

What I was reading among my MI friend's chatter, was the reason that Whitmer and Cuomo had such horrible results, was their insistence that nursing homes take infected elderly? I haven't looked up these policies to verify them to see if that chatter is true though. . . . so. . . .

We have to remember the elederly and immuno-compromised are the demographic we are looking at. Everyone else, statistically, survives.

Houston, Texas never hit max capacity to force sick to be sent to nursing homes.

But that is a good question...

So the Virus hate the Houston heat... Can't blame it!

Many of you have been wanting to compare the U.S. response to the Covid-19 outbreak to countries like China, South Korea, New Zealand and Germany but what should be done is let compare the Covid-19 outbreak and the State Government response instead...

State of New York has had over 340k infected with the Covid-19 virus State of Texas has over 40k infected...

State of New York had over 27k deaths from Covid-19 while State of Texas had only over 1k deaths...

State of New York population is just south of 20m while the State of Texas population is just south of 30m.

Now some of you are going to mention New York State has New York City and is a international hub while forgetting Texas has Houston and Dallas as International Hubs and has border crossing with Mexico that goes from Brownsville to El Paso while the Port of Houston is one of the largest ports in the World.

So let compare and let me ask you what did Governor Greg Abbott do better than Governor Andrew Cuomo?

What did Mayor Sylvester Turner of Houston do correctly that Mayor Bill de Blasio didn't do?

You also need to know that Texas is a Minority-Majority State with Cities like San Antonio, Houston, Dallas and Fort Worth with populations over a million while having a large border with Mexico and most of Texas Major Cities are Democratically ran...

That information is for those that believe Texas is some redneck haven ran only by Republicans...

So left let compare the States and each Governor response and you tell me why Texas has less cases and deaths when it come to Covid-19...

Links are provided and let remember also Texas Economy is in the top ten of the World along with California...

Texas isn’t home to two of the largest international airports in the world, and has no mass transit system. People don’t spend their time in elevators and other closed in spaces, and there aren't thousands of people walking in the streets every day.

Houston, Texas never hit max capacity to force sick to be sent to nursing homes.

But that is a good question...

I'm not talking about sick or dying being sent to nursing homes.

I am talking about when an old loved one, or chronically ill person that is newly being registered, a lot of states would screen and refuse to admit even visitors to nursing homes that have or had the disease.

This is why I am suspect of the chatter.

I have a grandmother that is still alive. She was born before the great depression, and the home we have her in, is STILL in complete lock down. No family or visitors in or out. Minimal staff and food deliveries only. And even the residents young enough to leave are not allowed out.

So. . . of course there would be no new admissions at this time.

Yet. . . . I'm not an expert in the community services field. I don't know everything. Apparently, there are quite a few different homes around the state that still accepted, and have suffered the consequences?

Here, I looked for the research for you. . .

zz61.jpg

COVID-19 spreads in Sterling Heights nursing home after taking in positive patients

. . . And, as far as NY goes? This is the scandal that everyone is talking about;

So the Virus hate the Houston heat... Can't blame it!
If Texas has/had the virus? I'm not sure that is entirely relevant, though it might be so. It depends on how quickly and efficiently the governor ordered folks to shelter in place.

IMO, I think the sheltering in place was more lethal to the vulnerable populations than not.

Again, we need to think in terms of how this virus would affect those most likely to get sick and die from it.

Most of the immune-compromised and truly old are not out in the sun, they are indoors with environment controlled conditions.

Texas isn’t home to two of the largest international airports in the world, and has no mass transit system. People don’t spend their time in elevators and other closed in spaces, and there aren't thousands of people walking in the streets every day.

Are you that ignorant or just being this way to get this thread tossed in the badlands?

I posted facts and all you have is your opinion that thousands do not walk in the Streets of San Antonio, Dallas or Houston?

Also Texas has skyscrapers and people ride elevators all day long in Houston, Dallas, Austin, and San Antonio!

So please stop with the nonsense and Houston has one of the largest ports in the World and Texas is in the top ten economies of the World and is neck to neck with California!

So unless you can prove your comment to be true about how thousands do not walk in the Streets of Texas then you need to educate yourself!

Texas has almost ten million more people than New York State!

IAH:

DFW:

IAH:

DFW:

DFW is the fourth busiest airport in the World when it come to plane traffic!

Check your Stats quickly because it seem JFK is behind DFW!

Let me add this and maybe I can educate you further:

So let be clear the one that gave you a thumbs up and you yourself have no clue about Texas and what you wrote about New York itself is false as usual.

Atlanta has or had more foot traffic when it came to passengers than New York beating out Chicago but Dallas is a damn International Hub like Houston, so before you write something else make sure you know what you are writing about!

Let me add this and maybe I can educate you further:

So let be clear the one that gave you a thumbs up and you yourself have no clue about Texas and what you wrote about New York itself is false as usual.

Atlanta has or had more foot traffic when it came to passengers than New York beating out Chicago but Dallas is a damn International Hub like Houston, so before you write something else make sure you know what you are writing about!

Wow, New York is not in the top ten for busiest Airports in the WORLD!

Forum List

Back