State of Emergency

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
President Biden on Sunday approved an emergency declaration for Texas and multiple governors have declared states of emergency as a winter storm batters the southern United States.

Southern states are being pummeled with snow and freezing rain as they endure the coldest temperatures in years, decades and, in at least one case, even a century. Snow is piling in Texas and Oklahoma and is expected to grow heavier later Sunday.

State officials have encouraged residents to stay home amid the weather, with Texas, Oklahoma and Arkansas all deploying the National Guard to respond to the disaster, according to The Associated Press.
Winter storm batters southern US (msn.com)
--------------------------------------
Good, now they know what we go through every year, and we don't have States of Emergencies.

-----------------------------------
That is a way to get money, I swear there are more state of emergencies in the southern states than any of the northern states, so all money goes to RED states.

Its sickening.

President Biden on Sunday approved an emergency declaration for Texas and multiple governors have declared states of emergency as a winter storm batters the southern United States.

Southern states are being pummeled with snow and freezing rain as they endure the coldest temperatures in years, decades and, in at least one case, even a century. Snow is piling in Texas and Oklahoma and is expected to grow heavier later Sunday.

State officials have encouraged residents to stay home amid the weather, with Texas, Oklahoma and Arkansas all deploying the National Guard to respond to the disaster, according to The Associated Press.
Winter storm batters southern US (msn.com)
--------------------------------------
Good, now they know what we go through every year, and we don't have States of Emergencies.

-----------------------------------
That is a way to get money, I swear there are more state of emergencies in the southern states than any of the northern states, so all money goes to RED states.

Its sickening.
So when you get 110 in the shade you're just going to "suck it up"??? You'll whine like a DemoKKKrat!!

Greg

It has been below zero for a week here and that is not normal. We've gone through a months worth of wood every few days. In more southern areas it means more broken pipes and all sorts of maladies they they do not prep for because it doesn't generally that that cold and remain. Crops, fruit trees dying if not tended toand all sorts of issues to contend with in southern states.

Suck it up you southern states , we go through this every year and we don't have a

"State of Emergency"

It has been below zero for a week here and that is not normal. We've gone through a months worth of wood every few days. In more southern areas it means more broken pipes and all sorts of maladies they they do not prep for because it doesn't generally that that cold and remain. Crops, fruit trees dying if not tended toand all sorts of issues to contend with in southern states.

Who cares, not me. That is why the bugs are so big and numerous down there.

Suck it up you southern states , we go through this every year and we don't have a

"State of Emergency"

Northern states are used to and prepared for this type of thing. You have to be a legitimately dumb person to not understand why they'd declare a state of emergency.

Pull up your boot straps and deal with it, snow melts by the way.

I like the Avocados, Oranges, Lemons, Grapefruits and fresh produce that comes from the south even if you do not.

"State of Emergency"

Northern states are used to and prepared for this type of thing. You have to be a legitimately dumb person to not understand why they'd declare a state of emergency.

Yes I know, and southern states are anti climate change and get a State of Emergency to make up for it. I don't want any MI stuff to go to TX, you can send WI stuff though.

I like the Avocados, Oranges, Lemons, Grapefruits and fresh produce that comes from the south even if you do not.
We can get it from CA. We don't like the Southern states, they are pussies.

You must not be aware of how many orchards are no longer in Californian. You can give away your share of whatever but not everyone else's.

Winter storms in the south are a legitimate emergency. We do not have the means to take care of icy roads. Investing millions in such equipment for events that happen every 8 or 10 years doesn't make sense. I know you people up north cannot fathom this.

I remember a few years ago when there was a heat wave in Chicago. Nothing major by southern standards, but a dozen or so people died. We may not be able to drive in the snow, but we can at least open a window.

Also, southern winters are very humid. That fluffy snow you get is not what settles on our roads. We get ice.

Pussies? lol We do fine with tornadoes, hurricanes, floods ect. Weeks of 100+ degree days and we keep working and going.

Don't like southern states? Oh my, whatever will we do? I think I have a spare 15 minutes in May or June to worry about not being liked. lol

Forum List

Back