Bachelor Host Chris Harrison Steps aside after defending Racism

JoeB131

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2011
Chicago, Chicago, that Toddling Town

Harrison had apologized on Wednesday after speaking out on behalf of Rachael Kirkconnell, a contestant who was reportedly photographed at an antebellum plantation-themed fraternity formal in 2018.
In Saturday's post, Harrison wrote that he was "deeply remorseful" for the pain and damage his "ignorance" had brought to his "friends, colleagues and strangers alike."

"To the Black community, to the BIPOC community: I am so sorry. My words were harmful. I am listening, and I truly apologize for my ignorance and any pain it caused you," Harrison wrote.
"I want to give my heartfelt thanks to the people from these communities who I've had enlightening conversations with over the past few days, and I am so grateful to those who have reached out to help me on my path to anti-racism."
Kirkconnell, in an Instagram post Thursday night, wrote that "her ignorance was racist" and that she "didn't recognize how offensive and racist my actions were, but that doesn't excuse them."
She apologized to the communities and individuals her actions harmed and offended, and wrote that she is "ashamed about my lack of education."

Comment: No doubt we will hear the mewling from the usual suspects about "Cancel Culture" and Political Correctness... but man, this guy was tone deaf, wasn't he?

The discussion we won't have. Why something as absolutely as tacky as the Bachelor is on the air to start with.

Better not say the wrong thing! Lefties will come after your job.

Or righties will. Just ask the Dixie Chicks or Jane Fonda.

This guy just said something that was outright stupid. 2018, people should have realized that going to a plantation themed party was kind of tasteless.

The real fault is in not screening your contestants better. It's not a good look to have a racist contestant when you have your first black Bachelor on the show.

Harrison had apologized on Wednesday after speaking out on behalf of Rachael Kirkconnell, a contestant who was reportedly photographed at an antebellum plantation-themed fraternity formal in 2018.
In Saturday's post, Harrison wrote that he was "deeply remorseful" for the pain and damage his "ignorance" had brought to his "friends, colleagues and strangers alike."

"To the Black community, to the BIPOC community: I am so sorry. My words were harmful. I am listening, and I truly apologize for my ignorance and any pain it caused you," Harrison wrote.
"I want to give my heartfelt thanks to the people from these communities who I've had enlightening conversations with over the past few days, and I am so grateful to those who have reached out to help me on my path to anti-racism."
Kirkconnell, in an Instagram post Thursday night, wrote that "her ignorance was racist" and that she "didn't recognize how offensive and racist my actions were, but that doesn't excuse them."
She apologized to the communities and individuals her actions harmed and offended, and wrote that she is "ashamed about my lack of education."

Comment: No doubt we will hear the mewling from the usual suspects about "Cancel Culture" and Political Correctness... but man, this guy was tone deaf, wasn't he?

The discussion we won't have. Why something as absolutely as tacky as the Bachelor is on the air to start with.
Stuff him; he's an idiot!!!

Greg

Why do white people have to apologize to uncle tommy negro's and negress's all the time for saying racist shit? News Flash, save your fuckin opologizes, these sell out motherfuckers would rather eat shit and die, than give up their love for white ppl, so relax, they still love you white racist fucks, regardless.

Well, that depends. If you are a (D) running their playbook, some things can be easily pushed aside and forgiven.

Yes, Asian Americans, Caucasian Americans, & Hispanic Americans should be very sensitive toward African Americans by avoiding anything that is hurtful, such as a plantation-themed party.

But it is also incumbent on African Americans to be sensitive toward the other ethnicities, too. In some cities, African Americans are attacking Asian Americans on the street or on the subway. It would nice if African American leaders would denounce such behavior.

Of course, such incidents do not get the liberal media coverage that the "Bachelor" incident has.

^
FAKE NEWS ALERT!!!

But it is also incumbent on African Americans to be sensitive toward the other ethnicities, too. In some cities, African Americans are attacking Asian Americans on the street or on the subway. It would nice if African American leaders would denounce such behavior
:auiqs.jpg:

Or righties will. Just ask the Dixie Chicks or Jane Fonda.

This guy just said something that was outright stupid. 2018, people should have realized that going to a plantation themed party was kind of tasteless.

The real fault is in not screening your contestants better. It's not a good look to have a racist contestant when you have your first black Bachelor on the show.

More ultrasensitive whining.

People need to grow the fuck up and realize that not everything's a personal insult.

So the fuck what if some college girls went to a party and dressed up in old fashioned clothes.

There weren't slaves or people pretending to be slaves at the stupid party

People need to grow the fuck up and realize that not everything's a personal insult.

So the fuck what if some college girls went to a party and dressed up in old fashioned clothes.

So if the college girls all dressed up like Nazis, would that be okay.

1613471369198.png

Or would they be calling for someone's head?

The real problem is we try to "romanticize" the Plantation in movies like Gone with the Wind and others, when they were in fact, horrible places built on human misery and racism. That's why they fall into the "not cool" category.

View attachment 457829

The real problem is we try to "romanticize" the Plantation in movies like Gone with the Wind and others, when they were in fact, horrible places built on human misery and racism. That's why they fall into the "not cool" category.
why not?

They're not gassing people are they?

Stop being such an ultrasensitive pussy

why not?

They're not gassing people are they?

Stop being such an ultrasensitive pussy

Someone dresses up as a Nazi or a plantation owner, Jews and blacks are supposed to "get over it".

White people are slightly criticized, you guys go ape-shit and put a psycho game show host in the White House.

yeah get the fuck over it.

Living in the past is a sure way to ruin the future.

Does it really matter if a bunch of college girls dress up in period dress and dance and drink?

No it doesn't

yeah get the fuck over it.

Living in the past is a sure way to ruin the future.

Does it really matter if a bunch of college girls dress up in period dress and dance and drink?

No it doesn't

Sure it does. It gives a romantic view of the past, as opposed to the horror it actually was.

I disagree. it's a nothing burger.

But tell me what year is the cutoff for your ultrasensitivity to period fashion?

The 50's weren't so great for Blacks or women so I guess poodle skirts are offensive, there were race riots in the 70's so I guess leisure suits are offensive so where does it end?

I disagree. it's a nothing burger.

But tell me what year is the cutoff for your ultrasensitivity to period fashion?

The 50's weren't so great for Blacks or women so I guess poodle skirts are offensive, there were race riots in the 70's so I guess leisure suits are offensive so where does it end?

Whataboutism is always kind of funny... because you guys often sound so desperate.

The point is, Poodle Skirts and Leisure Suits weren't linked to the racism of the time. Plantations were. Ms. Scarlett's lavish lifestyle of parties were upheld by Mammie and Prissy doing all the hard work, that was the thing.

View attachment 457829

Let’s guess. You’re one of those crying assholes who whine because somebody had a Southern Wedding at a historic plantation so you start crying “Wacist!”. Truth? I wouldn’t give one shit what ANY person thought about my ceremony. Tell them to shut the fuck up, and stop crying about things that aren’t their business. Check your ignorance.

New Topics

Forum List

Back