Starting in 2003, the Florida Secretary of State was no longer an elective position. Rather, Secretaries of State are now appointed directly by the Go

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014

--------------------------------------------------------

Well the gov can elect the SOS, doesn't sound fair to me.

the secretary of state is appointed by the governor with confirmation with the state's respective Senate; Florida,[2] Oklahoma, Texas, and Virginia[3] are among the states with this practice.
------------------------------------

thats why they are republican. Bush Jr made sure the state remains in the republican hands.

the secretary of state is appointed by the governor with confirmation with the state's respective Senate; Florida,[2] Oklahoma, Texas, and Virginia[3] are among the states with this practice.

thats why they are republican.
Gee a goobenor appointing an SOS...........Troubling

The SOS is at the pleasure of the gov, doesn't sound fair to me. What if Desantis doesn't want the SOS, should he be at the pleasure of the gov, like the prosecutor just got canned.

On Thursday, Florida Politics reported that Andrew Warren, the Democratic state prosecutor of Hillsborough County, Florida, is hitting back at Gov. Ron DeSantis after he moved to suspend him from office.

-----------------------------------
They should all be elected, but they can be suspended after the governor's disapproval.

Last edited:
It shouldn't be where the gov picks the SOS or that the gov should suspend the prosecutor who was fully elected.

It shouldn't be where the gov picks the SOS or that the gov should suspend the prosecutor who was fully elected.
We are seeing in deep blue states pure Prog political agendas. America is a big place. There is room for varying views. Unfortunately, the Prog view is pure extremism. Common sense has been jettisoned on agendas that if legitimate, meant well.

How do we protect these offices?

Republican legislatures in states with Democratic secretaries have been working to strip them of their election powers and reassign these responsibilities to the legislature. This type of legislative seizure is increasingly common and disconcerting in light of the 2020 election where Democratic secretaries of state in Michigan, Pennsylvania and Arizona were some of the last lines of defense against Trump’s baseless, conspiratorial attacks on our democracy.

If Whitmer gets in we need to make sure the Gov picks the SOS.

Doesn't sound fair to me.
Damn, you must have a really rough time going through life if you expect "fairness". :laughing0301:

As to the issue you are having a problem with why is any different than a POTUS selecting his own SoS?

Nah, I don't think you are worried about "fairness", you just see it as a opportunity for a dem to slip in and fuck things up.

I selected Youngkin as our Governor and I'm fully confident that he was able to pick a SoC that suits both him and us.....That's what I hired him for.

It's a cabinet position in Virginia.....As well it should be given the duties of SoC.

The Secretary of the Commonwealth is a member of the Virginia Governor's Cabinet. The office is currently held by secretary Kay Coles James.

Secretary of the Commonwealth of Virginia - Wikipedia

Fuckin' dems always trying to weasel their way into government to gum-up the works.

Was your application to become a Notary rejected? The Secretary of the Commonwealth's office is little more than the Office of Box Checking and Paper Pushing.

thats why they are republican. Bush Jr made sure the state remains in the republican hands.
And that is why Democrats wanted so badly to get rid of the Senate filibuster - so that they could rig the system to be in Democratic hands forever.

All the republican's want it , the gov picks the SOS and can suspend the elected prosecutor.

why don't they want elected officials, republicans can't win.

Forum List

Back