Starting in 2003, the Florida Secretary of State was no longer an elective position. Rather, Secretaries of State are now appointed directly by the Go

The republicans are after our democracy, making it non existent.
Tell that to New York where the Secretary of State is appointed or New Jersey, or Delaware.

Why are these solid blue states afraid to elect Secretary of States? What is wrong with them? Why don’t you bitch about them and not just red states? You are dishonest, again.

Last edited:
All the republican's want it , the gov picks the SOS and can suspend the elected prosecutor.

why don't they want elected officials, republicans can't win.
The governor of a state should have the power to get shed of state officials that refuse to follow the law.....Elected or not.....If they are charged with enforcing the laws of a state then they should be held responsible when they don't or make noises that they won't. Everyone should be held to account for the words that come out of their mouth.

Sorry about the R-word.....I know how it upsets the dem slags. ;)

Damn, you must have a really rough time going through life if you expect "fairness". :laughing0301:

As to the issue you are having a problem with why is any different than a POTUS selecting his own SoS?

Nah, I don't think you are worried about "fairness", you just see it as a opportunity for a dem to slip in and fuck things up.

I selected Youngkin as our Governor and I'm fully confident that he was able to pick a SoC that suits both him and us.....That's what I hired him for.
Youngkin is a republican.

Correct, so why should it be a elected position?

It shouldn't be. I rather love Virginia's short ballots, Can be in and out of the polling place in 10 minutes tops. It is better than those places that elect judges and dog catchers. The reason people stand in long lines for hours is because they elect too many damn offices and then pile a ton of ballot initiatives on top of that. We should do away with a few more of the races like Clerk of Court and City/County Treasurer. Jefferson knew the deal---the more time you spent away voting, the less time you at home with Miss Sally.

Just like all Republicans were w/the Bush II Regime supporting all their criminal deeds, all Republicans are now in lock-step support of this authoritarian goose-step march.

In about 8 to 10 years tops, all these USMB rightwingers (who are still alive) will be singing a different tune, saying crap like "DeathSentence wasn't really a Republican/Conservative" and/or "I never agreed w/him.

Mark my words. Watch...

Last edited:
All the republican's want it , the gov picks the SOS and can suspend the elected prosecutor.

why don't they want elected officials, republicans can't win.
Governors are all elected and Republicans win more governor race than Democrats. You are lying from the get go, that is your dishonesty at work in another thread. You perceive, then you make stupid, dishonest comments.

The governor of a state should have the power to get shed of state officials that refuse to follow the law.....Elected or not.....If they are charged with enforcing the laws of a state then they should be held responsible when they don't or make noises that they won't. Everyone should be held to account for the words that come out of their mouth.

Sorry about the R-word.....I know how it upsets the dem slags. ;)
With a republican's gov. Looks like that will happen(joke).Partisan happens in favor of the republicans.

In Georgia, Secretary Brad Raffensberger (R) oversaw a 2020 primary election that severely limited access for Black voters: 80 Atlanta-area polling locations closed and mail-in ballots that were requested were never delivered, forcing voters into long lines in the middle of a pandemic in an effort to have their voices heard. Secretary of State Jay Ashcroft (R) of Missouri has repeatedly advocated for stricter voter ID laws, despite the state Supreme Court repeatedly striking down provisions of the legislation. “I don’t care what the Supreme Court says,” said Ashcroft of the rulings. “You all should make the decision, the people of the state.” Florida Secretary of State Laurel Lee (R) has pushed to ensure that voters’ decision to restore voting rights to ex-felons in the state never gets enforced. Lee repeatedly sued and appealed to keep the issue bound up in court before the 2020 election, and continues to use litigation to suppress voters in 2021 by defending the Florida voter suppression law, Senate Bill 90, in court.

She isn’t very bright, she seems to work off of pure emotions.
Yup. That's a liberal alright. I learned that lesson many, many years ago when Bill O'Reilly was interviewing Whoopie Goldberg. He was trying to have a civil conversation with facts and figures and Whoopi would have none of it, finally saying that she doesn't care about facts and figures, all she cares about is what is in her heart. O'Reilly sat there speechless as he couldn't come up with a response against what was in her heart. He wanted to talk facts.

With a republican's gov. Looks like that will happen(joke).Partisan happens in favor of the republicans.

In Georgia, Secretary Brad Raffensberger (R) oversaw a 2020 primary election that severely limited access for Black voters: 80 Atlanta-area polling locations closed and mail-in ballots that were requested were never delivered, forcing voters into long lines in the middle of a pandemic in an effort to have their voices heard. Secretary of State Jay Ashcroft (R) of Missouri has repeatedly advocated for stricter voter ID laws, despite the state Supreme Court repeatedly striking down provisions of the legislation. “I don’t care what the Supreme Court says,” said Ashcroft of the rulings. “You all should make the decision, the people of the state.” Florida Secretary of State Laurel Lee (R) has pushed to ensure that voters’ decision to restore voting rights to ex-felons in the state never gets enforced. Lee repeatedly sued and appealed to keep the issue bound up in court before the 2020 election, and continues to use litigation to suppress voters in 2021 by defending the Florida voter suppression law, Senate Bill 90, in court.
Right, and Democrats never favor Democrats! :rolleyes:

Do you really believe the lies you spew?

Forum List

Back