Start Breaking Quote Chains People

Nah, this is a fixable problem.
Ya, read the 'sticky' it has been up for months. It ain't hard to break the quote train. Why wait for mommy and daddy to do it for you? Reach around to your back with one hand. Place your hand in the middle of your back. Feel that? It's called a SPINE....use it. :cool:

Nah, I'd rather just piss you off at this point.

Ya, read the 'sticky' it has been up for months. It ain't hard to break the quote train. Why wait for mommy and daddy to do it for you? Reach around to your back with one hand. Place your hand in the middle of your back. Feel that? It's called a SPINE....use it. :cool:

Figures All you ever do is piss people off here anyway

Figures All you ever do is piss people off here anyway

It's a target rich environment.

Maybe they should fix the issue. Cut off the quotes after 10 or 15. Why is this in politics?

Another one that never read the sticky where I told everyone where the problem came from.
Xenforo decided to leverage this code to do everything for everybody. And in the process, screwed up the format for message boards. Can no longer set "quote depth" from the Admin view. Choices are the last post only or infinity..

Every forum has this problem? Nope.

The only problem we have here is a minority of members that wont volunteer to make this a nicer place. When you pound the "Reply" button repeatedly, you're screwing it up for mods and members alike. Instead of doing that -- ALL ya have to do is use the more sophisticated ways of making a reply. Exert some energy. Use some care in crafting a reply. We've told ya for months how to make better posts. If it's too complex or ruins your rapid firing trolling style, by all means find another message board,

Those other boards have more serious issues structurally. We have to wait for Xenforo to get out of Covid crisis mode and move back to supporting message board formats as a priority.

Stop banging the reply button and be helpful..

Maybe they should fix the issue. Cut off the quotes after 10 or 15. Why is this in politics?

Another one that never read the sticky where I told everyone where the problem came from.
Xenforo decided to leverage this code to do everything for everybody. And in the process, screwed up the format for message boards. Can no longer set "quote depth" from the Admin view. Choices are the last post only or infinity..

The only problem we have here is a minority of members that wont volunteer to make this a nicer place. When you pound the "Reply" button repeatedly, you're screwing it up for mods and members alike. Instead of doing that -- ALL ya have to do is use the more sophisticated ways of making a reply. Exert some energy. Use some care in crafting a reply. We've told ya for months how to make better posts. If it's too complex or ruins your rapid firing trolling style, by all means find another message board,

Those other boards have more serious issues structurally. We have to wait for Xenforo to get out of Covid crisis mode and move back to supporting message board formats as a priority.

Nope. I'll keep hitting the reply button, pay a programmer.

This place also isn't nice, get rid of those who make death threats to others.

You really dont care about other members or civility do ya? At least you've told everyone that you dont. Good job.. A real outstanding member of the community.. Go wreck Facebook. Lots of death threats there to explore..

You really dont care about other members or civility do ya? At least you've told everyone that you dont. Good job.. A real outstanding member of the community.. Go wreck Facebook. Lots of death threats there to explore..

Civility? Here? I'm tired of being told I should be killed and you're worried because I don't care about your infinity post problem that you guys don't know how to fix?

When the chain starts getting long us the direct quote feature.

Its bad enough to get 200 notifications in a day but then you gotta scroll for hours through nothing but LINES only to find out that the topic has so drastically changed that it has nothing to do with what you posted!
Literally 2 or 3 people just endlessly slinging insults at each other.

Highlight the relevant text and click the quote option instead of reply.

PLEASE

:yes_text12:

Asking for some editing behavior changes. (Selective Quoting)

Its bad enough to get 200 notifications in a day but then you gotta scroll for hours through nothing but LINES only to find out that the topic has so drastically changed that it has nothing to do with what you posted!

PLEASE

:yes_text12:

Asking for some editing behavior changes. (Selective Quoting)
I broke my Note 10+ and decided to downgrade to a 800 dollar phone since it was out of warranty. Omg the screen is TINY by comparison and following threads now is like special exercise in thumb Olympics lol

I broke my Note 10+ and decided to downgrade to a 800 dollar phone since it was out of warranty. Omg the screen is TINY by comparison and following threads now is like special exercise in thumb Olympics lol

I only use my forefinger when typing on my phone!

Civility? Here? I'm tired of being told I should be killed and you're worried because I don't care about your infinity post problem that you guys don't know how to fix?
He just told you they know how to fix it. They chose not to so that conversations will not be confusing if only the last post is shown. . .

Your ability to follow conversation, is about as high as your general critical thinking skills, when confronted with new information from the corporate media, and your skin is paper thin when folks get angry with you for not being able to understand what is going on in the world, so naturally they throw insults your way.

The very fact that you take any of this seriously says more about you, than it does about any poster that idly wishes for you not to wake up the next morning. As if your sorry ass is worth the trouble. Hell, if you can't be bothered to type reasonable replies, and have nothing logical and rational to add, and don't even have the intelligence to edit your posts correctly, why would anyone want to waste their time on you?

Even here, when you are politely asked to put just a little effort into your posts so they are clear, and can make communication easy for members, you insist on being a lazy putz because the world around you does not make easy sense to you?

I don't blame you, I blame the schools and parents that abandoned children to look for success and fulfillment outside of the home.

Sorry about your self-esteem. :smoke:

He just told you they know how to fix it. They chose not to so that conversations will not be confusing if only the last post is shown. . .

Yeah, I understand what he said, that's not the only solution.

Your ability to follow conversation, is about as high as your general critical thinking skills, when confronted with new information from the corporate media, and your skin is paper thin when folks get angry with you for not being able to understand what is going on in the world, so naturally they throw insults your way.

It appears you're the one not following.

The very fact that you take any of this seriously says more about you, than it does about any poster that idly wishes for you not to wake up the next morning. As if your sorry ass is worth the trouble. Hell, if you can't be bothered to type reasonable replies, and have nothing logical and rational to add, and don't even have the intelligence to edit your posts correctly, why would anyone want to waste their time on you?

The fact that you are taking this seriously and it pisses you off satisfies me.

Even here, when you are politely asked to put just a little effort into your posts so they are clear, and can make communication easy for members, you insist on being a lazy putz because the world around you does not make easy sense to you?

I insist in not caring to fix the problem for them.

I don't blame you, I blame the schools and parents that abandoned children to look for success and fulfillment outside of the home.

Sorry about your self-esteem. :smoke:

Neat, bucko. I enjoy your over the top drama post but it doesn't change anything.

PLEASE
I take it that issue has not been fixed yet. Opening a reply alert is useless.

PLEASE
The quote problem on usmb is operator error. Other boards that use the same software only quote who you are quoting.

Ok, I get the point that when you "Reply" the whole past gets copied, with all the indenting and all, so can be very long and useless.
But are you saying to high light just some section, and then hit the "+Quote" button?
I have never tried that.
I usually just "reply" and then delete all but what I want.
I suspect one problem is posters on mobile devices...it is considerably easier to trim quotes on a computer than a tablet or phone.

Of course...if they would fix the damn problem, this wouldn't be an issue!

The quote problem on usmb is operator error. Other boards that use the same software only quote who you are quoting.
No, it's IT error. The users and even mods have no control over it.
Whoever pays for the forum software should get a refund, since other forums with the same software work correctly. Usmb is the only board where we see more than just who we are quoting. The usmb multiple quote thing is either broken software or the software is set up incorrectly. The multiple quote thing is so ridiculous that it can only be an error or flaw of some sort, nobody in their right mind would set it up this way.

PLEASE

Oh come on, man. Who doesn't like having 30 notifications because two pissy people want to yell back and forth at each other all day. At least tomorrow the same 2 will have 30 more in a different thread to carry on the same ego circle jerk.

Forum List

Back