Start Breaking Quote Chains People

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
When the chain starts getting long us the direct quote feature.

Its bad enough to get 200 notifications in a day but then you gotta scroll for hours through nothing but LINES only to find out that the topic has so drastically changed that it has nothing to do with what you posted!
Literally 2 or 3 people just endlessly slinging insults at each other.

Highlight the relevant text and click the quote option instead of reply.

PLEASE

They (any of them) ain't sharp enough- their "leaders" haven't directed them to, so...
If by "leaders" you mean the mods... That's incorrect... I have seen them do exactly that. It's been a while though.

Ok, I get the point that when you "Reply" the whole past gets copied, with all the indenting and all, so can be very long and useless.
But are you saying to high light just some section, and then hit the "+Quote" button?
I have never tried that.
I usually just "reply" and then delete all but what I want.

• Banned
Ok, I get the point that when you "Reply" the whole past gets copied, with all the indenting and all, so can be very long and useless.
But are you saying to high light just some section, and then hit the "+Quote" button?
I have never tried that.
Yes

Depending on the platform you're on the standard reply can take FOREVER to scroll through

Maybe they should fix the issue. Cut off the quotes after 10 or 15. Why is this in politics?

Maybe they should fix the issue. Cut off the quotes after 10 or 15. Why is this in politics?
It should be posted EVERYWHERE as a reminder until it's resolved.

Sounds just as annoying as the problem. Why not just throw something in your signature if it's such a big deal to you?
Gonna need to see your credentials. Show me your hall monitor badge please.

1610078062088.png

It should be posted EVERYWHERE as a reminder until it's resolved.
Negative. It should just be coded out. A quote within a quote just won't show anything but a link with something like "..." to the quoted post.

We figured it out like 20 years ago when we were running MaddenBoards... Of course we didn't get the foot traffic this site has, so our cobbled coding might be too server heavy for it. But then, I'm sure there are much better programmers/techniques out there now as well.

If by "leaders" you mean the mods.
If I had meant mods I would have said mods (or question mark avatars)- I'm pretty good at saying what I mean and meaning what I say and I said precisely what I meant/intended to say, unequivocally, no ambiguity, no meaning something you want to see.

I just hi-lite what I want to quote and on the bottom right of that hi-lited area there is a reply button- I hit it and voila, it appears below in a breand new box- hell, if a technological dummy like me can figure it out it can't be that difficult-

I have never tried that.
Yes

Depending on the platform you're on the standard reply can take FOREVER to scroll through
"But are you saying to high light just some section, and then hit the "+Quote" button?"

No, highlight, then hit "REPLY" (the new reply button that will appear when you high light)

If by "leaders" you mean the mods.
If I had meant mods I would have said mods (or question mark avatars)- I'm pretty good at saying what I mean and meaning what I say and I said precisely what I meant/intended to say, unequivocally, no ambiguity, no meaning something you want to see.
Well... Who do you mean then? You never really said, I'm not really sure what you are getting at here.

New Topics

Forum List

Back