foxnews beck 2,574,000
foxnews baier 2,445,000
foxnews shep 1,831,000
msnbc maddow 1,457,000
msnbc olbermann 1,270,000
cnn cooper 884,000
msnbc shultz 840,000
msnbc hardball 839,000

Might makes right, eh? I love you conservatives.

If you gave the American public a choice between Mozart and country and western music, the vast majority would go with C&W. Does that make it better than Mozart?

Might makes right, eh? I love you conservatives.

If you gave the American public a choice between Mozart and country and western music, the vast majority would go with C&W. Does that make it better than Mozart?

Please don't insult C&W by comparing it to Fox News

Fox News is more like Professional Wrestling

We can never fall. Once in a while conservatives pull a Battle of the Bulge style counterattack on us and we take a brief pounding, but we always come back and we always press further forward.

Conservatism always loses in the long run.

You guys couldn't even Vote Bush out in his 8 years.. So much for a Counterattack..

And what did 8 years of Bush and 12 years of a Republican Congress get conservatives?

Other than more to bitch about?

I thought I'd get more than zero answers.

OK:

1. Who the fuck cares? We all know that Fox does so well because it's fanatic right-wing viewers refuse to watch any other channel, while other more rational viewers are split between all the other sources of media.

and

2. This belongs under MEDIA, not Politics.
(Though with FoxNews, I guess the two are really interchangeable).

Obviously you do or you would not have responded. Spin it how you want because you can't argue with the numbers/facts.

Here, I did the math for you.

P2+ Total Day_______________________total_______________all others
FNC – 1,420,000 viewers_____________1,420,000___________1,620,000
CNN – 533,000 viewers
MSNBC – 580,000 viewers
CNBC – 221,000 viewers
HLN – 286,000 viewers

P2+ Prime Time__________________Fox total__________ all 0thers
FNC – 2,843,000 viewers___________2,843,000________ 2,750,000
CNN – 712,000 viewers
MSNBC –1,208,000 viewers
CNBC – 249,000 viewers
HLN –581,000 viewers

Oh my, that's pretty complicated for some here I think

Let's put it into perspective:

If you add up the five top programs from MSNBC and CNN, you have five hours represented with a aggregate average viewership of 5,290,000.

If you add up the two top programs from Fox News, you have two hours represented with an aggregate average viewership of 5,900,000.

Again the top five programs from MSNBC and CNN combined equals 5,290,000.

And the top five programs from Fox News combined equals 13,541,000.

So maybe Dante or others could explain again how the viewership is split betwen MSNBC and CNN and that gives Fox News their advantage?

Also you can disparage Glenn Beck all you want, but he holds an implausible 5 pm Eastern slot which is hardly prime time; yet he is beating the socks off everybody on MSNBC and CNN who ARE on prime time. The only programs who can beat him are three Fox News programs who occupy the prime time slot.

Put Beck in prime time, does he go to the top? I think he very well might.

Last edited:
Like I said..........facts are boring, theater isn't.

MSNBC is news, FAUX is theater.

So you think Fox is theater and that accounts for their great ratings? Then tell me why people would go to a Cable News channel for theater? Why not go to any number of other channels that have real theater?

If it was CNN or MSNBC on top, I doubt you would shrug that off as theater. But the fact, is that the next four cable news channels combined can't beat Fox overall or in prime time. And those who want to be spoon fed news in a certain way, which is what MSNBC does and to some extent CNN, simply can't stand it.

The updated Nielson ratings:

Cable News Ratings for Thursday, March 25, 2010
Live + Same Day Cable News Daily Ratings for March 25, 2010

P2+ Total Day
FNC – 1,383,000 viewers
CNN – 468,000 viewers
MSNBC – 479,000 viewers
CNBC – 223,000 viewers
HLN – 309,000 viewers

P2+ Prime Time
FNC – 2,775,000 viewers
CNN – 717,000 viewers
MSNBC –1,116,000 viewers
CNBC – 226,000 viewers
HLN –627,000 viewers

So out of 300 million some odd people you get 3-4 million to watch Fox. That's something to be proud of. And you can't combine the numbers of viewers from hour to hour because the same sheep that watch Beck at 5 watch Hannity at 9. And while you idiots are at home being told what to think most people are out living a life free of bitterness and hatred. Try it sometime. Instead of listening to the "Fox allstars", spend time with your family, go to a movie, hang out with friends at the local pub.

Last edited:
So out of 300 million some odd people you get 3-4 million to watch Fox. That's something to be proud of. And you can't combine the numbers of viewers from hour to hour because the same sheep that watch Beck at 5 watch Hannity at 9. And while you idiots are at home being told what to think most people are out living a life free of bitterness and hatred. Try it sometime. Instead of listening to the "Fox allstars", spend time with your family, go to a movie, hang out with friends at the local pub.

Oh yeah, right on brother. By all means don't watch any news at all and depend on bloggers on Daily Kos or Think Progress or some such site to tell you what you're supposed to be saying from day to day. And then maybe everybody will be as informed about those rating numbers as you are and think everybody else are idiots.

Welcome to USMB by the way.

Facts show you were wrong in implying the numbers were skewed and that they came from Fox. Rather than stating that what posted was not accurate, you deemed the "facts boring" which makes for a poor debate.

So you think Fox is theater and that accounts for their great ratings? Then tell me why people would go to a Cable News channel for theater? Why not go to any number of other channels that have real theater?

If it was CNN or MSNBC on top, I doubt you would shrug that off as theater. But the fact, is that the next four cable news channels combined can't beat Fox overall or in prime time. And those who want to be spoon fed news in a certain way, which is what MSNBC does and to some extent CNN, simply can't stand it.

The updated Nielson ratings:

Cable News Ratings for Thursday, March 25, 2010
Live + Same Day Cable News Daily Ratings for March 25, 2010

P2+ Total Day
FNC – 1,383,000 viewers
CNN – 468,000 viewers
MSNBC – 479,000 viewers
CNBC – 223,000 viewers
HLN – 309,000 viewers

P2+ Prime Time
FNC – 2,775,000 viewers
CNN – 717,000 viewers
MSNBC –1,116,000 viewers
CNBC – 226,000 viewers
HLN –627,000 viewers

Fox gave up trying to be a legitimate news network a long time ago. They embraced the format of News Entertainment and hit paydirt. No need to be confined by journalistic standards. No need to be constrained by facts...If the facts don't match the story...change the facts.

Makes for entertaining TV

The movies don't teach family values and I don't drink. I watch HLN and NBC. Maybe you are home at 5, but I work til 6 or 7.

Anyone remember a year or so ago when FAUX Noise was doing it's own imitation of Jon Stewart's Daily Show?

Nope......FAUX hasn't been a legitimate news source for a WHILE.

xotoxi-albums-pictures-4-picture1434-we-did-it.gif

GO FOX!!!

Wait a second...who really cares?

We can never fall. Once in a while conservatives pull a Battle of the Bulge style counterattack on us and we take a brief pounding, but we always come back and we always press further forward.

Conservatism always loses in the long run.

You guys couldn't even Vote Bush out in his 8 years.. So much for a Counterattack..

And what did 8 years of Bush and 12 years of a Republican Congress get conservatives?

Other than more to bitch about?

8 years of Bush brought nothing more than a Neo-Con in Office expanding Gov.

What did 4 years of Democratic Congress and Senate get the Dems?
ahh yeahh.. Lower Approval ratings than Bush. Congrats. :clap2:

Forum List

Back