Sources: GOP senators preparing for McConnell retirement

R.7d2909ac56035bfbc4fbb946452ea25e

If this is true, preliminary dynamics look like it could come down to an internecine battle for leadership between John Cornyn (TX) and Rick Scott (FL).

I hope to hell fate favors Scott.

Replace McConnell with Cornyn, and you may as well not replace him at all.
Probably a stroke. All the eligible senior members are card carrying members of the Good ol Boys club. I'd expect more of the same.

If this is true, preliminary dynamics look like it could come down to an internecine battle for leadership between John Cornyn (TX) and Rick Scott (FL).

Corny will win hands down if Scott is his opponent. RS did not come out well as the big cheese for the GOP senate races.

It's possible, but he's already demonstrated he's willing to challenge the old guard and has proposed new ways forward dating back months ago.

Who would you choose who's already there, that the rest of the GOP Senate would actually vote for?

My ideal would be JD Vance, but he's brand new and that's just not going to happen.

Rand Paul? Again, that would be epic - but not realistic.

Scott strikes the right foray with enough Senators while being cozy with the MAGA contingent.

He may be the best shot.

Now here's my cynicism: Cornyn will probably win anyway, because most GOP Senators are establishment toadies who would sell out their own mothers.

Still, if McConnell's departure is truly imminent, I can't help but accept that as welcome news.
You sold out America.

McConnell is a dick and a traitor. I wish he had been shoved. He needs impeached then stripped of all of his government benefits.

turtle-mc-connell.gif

Wrong, MAGA screwed themselves by nominating unelectable tards.
As opposed to electable tards like Fetterman? There were nearly twice the number of GOP Senate seats as Democrat seats up for reelection in 2022. This ratio will be reversed in 2024. If a GOP majority is elected, they may face a replay of the recent House Speakership contest.

Last edited:
As opposed to electable tards like Fetterman?
Seeing as how he got elected and your guy didn't, I guess so. What does that tell you about Trump's endorsements, hmm?

There were nearly twice the number of GOP Senate seats as Democrat seats up for reelection in 2022. This ratio will be reversed in 2024. If a GOP majority is elected, they may face a replay of the recent House Speakership contest.
Keep making all the excuses you want, Trumpelstiltskin.

Forum List

Back