Why The House Committee may well have Constitutional authority to question Bragg

BackAgain

Neutronium Member & truth speaker #StopBrandon
Nov 11, 2021
Now a resident of a Red state! Hallelujah!

Article IV​

Section 2​

The Citizens of each State shall be entitled to all Privileges and Immunities of Citizens in the several States.
Those privileges include Equal Protection.

It is true that the NY County DA’s Office has taken-up a prosecution of a former President (and a current candidate for the Presidency) and that the very prosecution is seen as a political prosecution. (It seems to me that it is; but it’s an open question which Congress has a Constitutional right to look into since “equal protection” doesn’t allow for purely partisan political prosecutions).

It is true that the NY County DA’s Office has taken-up a prosecution of a former President (and a current candidate for the Presidency) and that the very prosecution is seen as a political prosecution. (It seems to me that it is; but it’s an open question which Congress has a Constitutional right to look into since “equal protection” doesn’t allow for purely partisan political prosecutions).
They don't. Any attempt to force this issue will not end well for Gym Jordan and his crew.

Republicans in the House are living down to my expectations of getting absolutely NOTHING of substance accomplished for the American voter. Just a revenge and sucking up tour in preparation for getting their clocks cleaned in 2024. :auiqs.jpg:

The prosecution has been in the works for years

Trump made it political by declaring for President in December long before any other candidate.

So what’s the deal?
We can’t prosecute Trump while he is President and can’t prosecute him if he is running for President

They don't. Any attempt to force this issue will not end well for Gym Jordan and his crew.

Republicans in the House are living down to my expectations of getting absolutely NOTHING of substance accomplished for the American voter. Just a revenge and sucking up tour in preparation for getting their clocks cleaned in 2024. :auiqs.jpg:
He's blowing chunks, that Jordan guy.

• Banned

Zzz.

Nice of you to share your alleged “thinking” and ignorant opinions. I guess.

• Banned
The prosecution has been in the works for years
Not really.
Trump made it political by declaring for President in December long before any other candidate.
That has nothing to do with Bragg’s improper partisan political misuse of the legal system.
So what’s the deal?
We can’t prosecute Trump while he is President and can’t prosecute him if he is running for President
He can be prosecuted while out of office. And I said nothing to the contrary, ever. So your bullshit spin is lacking any hint of merit. What else is new?

The point, Leftwhiner, is that Trump should not be singled out for prosecution on partisan politically motivated basis. Nobody should.

The Manhattan DA office received Federal funds, Congress has oversight over funding.

And there are other issues, such as interfering in the 2024 election with these indictments, which is a Federal matter.

The Federal judge refused Bragg a TRO.

The Manhattan DA office received Federal funds, Congress has oversight over funding.

And there are other issues, such as interfering in the 2024 election with these indictments, which is a Federal matter.

The Federal judge refused Bragg a TRO.
What interference in the 2024 election? No indictment will prevent Trump from running. He IS the 2024 Republican nominee.
Any trial will be set for well beyond the 2024 election.

Bragg will give Jordan the middle finger...and they'll be nothing he can do about it. :)

Under the United States Constitution Congress has the power to investigate and oversee the executive branch of government... which includes state attorneys general.... However the extent of Congress's power to question a state attorney general may depend on the circumstances and the purpose of the investigation.....
For example if Congress is conducting an investigation into a matter that falls under federal jurisdiction... such as a potential violation of federal law it may have the authority to question a state attorney general who is involved in that matter...

They have unquestionable authority to subpoena Bragg and all of his documents as Bragg's office takes federal money.
I’m not sure about that. The authority is pretty limited especially when it comes to a Congressional investigation of State law enforcement.

But it certainly is one of the hooks by which Jordan can start to conduct a Congressional investigation.

I’m not sure about that. The authority is pretty limited especially when it comes to a Congressional investigation of State law enforcement.

I hope so. I hope Jordan goes way beyond the scope of his office and far exceeds his powers after the last eight years putting up with democrats doing it!

If not Bragg, I'm pretty sure they can compel him to turn over all relevant documents!

ITMT, I welcome the House throwing all the crap they can onto Bragg's shoulders to give him lots more to deal with.

I hope so. I hope Jordan goes way beyond the scope of his office and far exceeds his powers after the last eight years putting up with democrats doing it!

If not Bragg, I'm pretty sure they can compel him to turn over all relevant documents!

ITMT, I welcome the House throwing all the crap they can onto Bragg's shoulders to give him lots more to deal with.
Payback is a bitch.

Otoh, I have qualms about is behaving like those insidious asshole liberal Democraps.

Payback is a bitch.

Otoh, I have qualms about is behaving like those insidious asshole liberal Democraps.

Just as you can't beat China by playing by the rules as they play by no rules, the GOP better stop playing checkers and get into the game of chess. Hit these fuckers with everything you got.

Just as you can't beat China by playing by the rules as they play by no rules, the GOP better stop playing checkers and get into the game of chess. Hit these fuckers with everything you got.
I’m not disagreeing exactly. Just conflicted about the behavior.

They (the Dims) shouldn’t engage in; it but absolutely do. I just worry that we might turn out to be just like those scumbags.

I’m not disagreeing exactly. Just conflicted about the behavior.

Don't be. At this point, we need and the democrats deserve to have every crooked tool they've used shoved right back down their throats twice as deep. It is the only way they can be taught to play fair.

I take that back. You'll never teach them to play fair so we need to ram it down their throats and annihilate them. This is war. Democrats declared war on us a decade ago--- it is about time the GOP wake up and fight back.

The Achilles Heel of Republicans is this compunction to always "fight fair" and be "good or real conservatives." This is what has lead us right to the very BRINK of losing our republic, if indeed, it isn't already lost.

Forum List

Back