Sorry Trumpers ... This Measure Says Growth Is Slower Under Trump Than Obama

Sorry to burst the cloud over your mind Trumpers. Your delusions are precious to you but I have to prick that orange bubble that has you howling with joy at Trump rallies as lies fall faster from Trump's mouth than Autumn leaves.

Sorry darlings, "According to BEA data, GDI has grown at a 2.3% annualized pace since Trump took office, vs. 2.4% during Obama’s two terms."

Apologies for pricking your orange bubble. Donald Trump is bloating the economy with tax cuts for the rich and burgeoning debt but still can't beat Obama.

Donald Trump has rendered the economy obese and debt-ridden with debt rising faster at >2 x GDP growth.

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

This Measure Says Growth Is Slower Under Trump Than Obama

Gross domestic income should in theory track GDP, but it tells a slightly different story.

By
Justin Fox
September 23, 2019, 11:00 PM GMT+7
1200x-1.jpg

ILLUSTRATION: GEORGE WYLESOL FOR BLOOMBERG BUSINESSWEEK

The economy has been perhaps the brightest spot of Donald Trump’s unconventional presidency. A recession would tarnish this, which is presumably why he gets so worked up about perceived missteps by the Federal Reserve. But by one measure, economic growth is already slower during the Trump era than during Barack Obama’s eight years as president.
That measure is gross domestic income. GDI is part of the same quarterly national economic accounting by the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Bureau of Economic Analysis that gives us gross domestic product but is released a month later. The two numbers should, in theory, be identical, but they never quite are because of the vagaries of real-world data. In a 2010 paper, economist Jeremy Nalewaik—then at the Fed, now at Morgan Stanley—made the case that “GDI better reflects the business cycle fluctuations in true output growth.”

publishing the average of GDP and GDI. Also, the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia now calculates a statistically smoothed melding of GDP and GDI, devised in part by Nalewaik, that it calls GDPplus. The presidential growth rates admittedly depend a lot on the starting quarter one chooses, especially for Obama, who took office amid the worst recession in 75 years. Also, while growth rates have been about the same or only moderately higher under Trump, people aren’t wrong to think the economy is better. More are sharing in growth now because the long expansion has brought workers off the sidelines.

• Timing Is Everything

If you measure from the quarter before they took office, Trump leads in GDI growth, 2.5% to 2.1%. Measure from the last quarter of the first year in office (because it takes time for policies to have an effect), and it’s Trump 2.5% to Obama 2.4%.

• Smooth Calculator
According to BEA data, GDI has grown at a 2.3% annualized pace since Trump took office, vs. 2.4% during Obama’s two terms.

• On the Job
Payroll employment has grown at a 1.5%annual pace during Trump’s time in office, faster than the 1% during Obama’s entire presidency but slower than the 1.9% of Obama’s second term.
Real annualized growth rate from first quarter of administration

Data: Bureau of Economic Analysis

• But Wait, It Gets Better
Of Americans age 25-54, 80% had jobs in August, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the highest prime-age employment rate in more than a decade and perhaps a better measure of economic health than either GDP or GDI growth.

Seems reasonable. Obama took over at the beginning of an economic cycle and Trump took over at the end of one.

But, the underlying trends, that is where the real deal is. And seeing lower end wages rising, is very exciting for anyone that cares about the working man.

There are consequences. Wage rises should reflect productivity gains otherwise inflation will emerge and nullify the rises.

Trump cannot pull more tax cuts out of his sleeves. Debt is rising > 2x faster than GDP.

1. Productivity has been rising for decades without significant increases in lower and middle class wages.

2. Tax cuts? Who said anything about tax cuts? IMO, the drivers are better trade and immigration policy.

Obama had 5 years of manufacturing job growth from 2010. Trump's manufacturing job growth has flatlined after 2 years. Productivity actually fell recently.

The Trump orange mind-cloud is causing delusion among Trumpers.

latest_numbers_CES3000000001_2009_2019_all_period_M11_data.gif

You're blind if you don't see it. 5 years ago I wouldn't of been able to buy the land I did this year. Believe me, this economy is way better now then when Obama was in office. It was stagnant then.

Again, your stories do not sway me, for all I know you are 22 year old kid living in your families basement.

Data and facts...that is all I want to see on this forum...not stories.

I'm in construction, I barely made it by under Obama. Now it's booming, and I'll be 50 next year.

You were too busy earning a living to make money. Work smart not hard.
Oh no, there was hardly any work under Obama's economy. I mean he did ask where Trump's magic wand was, he also told us slow growth was the new norm in America. So are you saying Obama was lying again?

Not sure what you build, but new housing starts has been going up for almost 10 years, and is leveling off under Trump

View attachment 296108

Housing starts flatlined as soon as Trump took office.

Sorry to burst the cloud over your mind Trumpers. Your delusions are precious to you but I have to prick that orange bubble that has you howling with joy at Trump rallies as lies fall faster from Trump's mouth than Autumn leaves.

Sorry darlings, "According to BEA data, GDI has grown at a 2.3% annualized pace since Trump took office, vs. 2.4% during Obama’s two terms."

Apologies for pricking your orange bubble. Donald Trump is bloating the economy with tax cuts for the rich and burgeoning debt but still can't beat Obama.

Donald Trump has rendered the economy obese and debt-ridden with debt rising faster at >2 x GDP growth.

Gross domestic income should in theory track GDP, but it tells a slightly different story.

By
Justin Fox
1200x-1.jpg

The economy has been perhaps the brightest spot of Donald Trump’s unconventional presidency. A recession would tarnish this, which is presumably why he gets so worked up about perceived missteps by the Federal Reserve. But by one measure, economic growth is already slower during the Trump era than during Barack Obama’s eight years as president.
That measure is gross domestic income. GDI is part of the same quarterly national economic accounting by the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Bureau of Economic Analysis that gives us gross domestic product but is released a month later. The two numbers should, in theory, be identical, but they never quite are because of the vagaries of real-world data. In a 2010 paper, economist Jeremy Nalewaik—then at the Fed, now at Morgan Stanley—made the case that “GDI better reflects the business cycle fluctuations in true output growth.”

publishing the average of GDP and GDI. Also, the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia now calculates a statistically smoothed melding of GDP and GDI, devised in part by Nalewaik, that it calls GDPplus. The presidential growth rates admittedly depend a lot on the starting quarter one chooses, especially for Obama, who took office amid the worst recession in 75 years. Also, while growth rates have been about the same or only moderately higher under Trump, people aren’t wrong to think the economy is better. More are sharing in growth now because the long expansion has brought workers off the sidelines.

• Timing Is Everything

If you measure from the quarter before they took office, Trump leads in GDI growth, 2.5% to 2.1%. Measure from the last quarter of the first year in office (because it takes time for policies to have an effect), and it’s Trump 2.5% to Obama 2.4%.

• Smooth Calculator
According to BEA data, GDI has grown at a 2.3% annualized pace since Trump took office, vs. 2.4% during Obama’s two terms.

• On the Job
Payroll employment has grown at a 1.5%annual pace during Trump’s time in office, faster than the 1% during Obama’s entire presidency but slower than the 1.9% of Obama’s second term.

Of Americans age 25-54, 80% had jobs in August, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the highest prime-age employment rate in more than a decade and perhaps a better measure of economic health than either GDP or GDI growth.

And now for the rest of the story. From your link:

• On the Job

Thanks to Obama. Trump was handed a healthy growing economy and he has pillaged it in favor of his rich buddies.

When the AF was going to aircraft bone yards and museums to find serviceable parts, they were being neglected. Other units didn't even have that option, there's not many bone yards or museums for most military equipment.

They were getting lots of money, money has never been an issue with our military. It is mismanagement and over use that is the problem.

The amount of money wasted by our military is startling, and I know that from first hand experience.

Anyone that looks at what we spend on our military and says it is under funded is crazy.

Yep, but maintenance is a different line in the military budget. You can throw all you want at other areas, but without properly maintained equipment, you're still not mission capable.

Which has been the balancing act forever. When I was in an FA-18 squadron we always had a hanger queen, the one plane that would never fly and was used for parts for the rest of the planes.

I used to do the SORTS (Status of Resources & Training System (SORTS) page for Plans, Policies & Operations (PP&O)) for the 1st Marine Aircraft Wing. Equipment readiness and individual training were always the two low points in the report.

It's the same every where. Only reasonable way I see to fix it, is have congress critters that have served above the peon level in the military, but I don't see that happening since only about 3-4% of the population has any military experience at all.

When the AF was going to aircraft bone yards and museums to find serviceable parts, they were being neglected. Other units didn't even have that option, there's not many bone yards or museums for most military equipment.

They were getting lots of money, money has never been an issue with our military. It is mismanagement and over use that is the problem.

The amount of money wasted by our military is startling, and I know that from first hand experience.

Anyone that looks at what we spend on our military and says it is under funded is crazy.

Yep, but maintenance is a different line in the military budget. You can throw all you want at other areas, but without properly maintained equipment, you're still not mission capable.

Which has been the balancing act forever. When I was in an FA-18 squadron we always had a hanger queen, the one plane that would never fly and was used for parts for the rest of the planes.

I used to do the SORTS (Status of Resources & Training System (SORTS) page for Plans, Policies & Operations (PP&O)) for the 1st Marine Aircraft Wing. Equipment readiness and individual training were always the two low points in the report.

It's the same every where. Only reasonable way I see to fix it, is have congress critters that have served above the peon level in the military, but I don't see that happening since only about 3-4% of the population has any military experience at all.

Rear Admiral Donald Trump? He will turn the airforce into submariners.

By
Justin Fox
1200x-1.jpg

• Timing Is Everything

• Smooth Calculator

• On the Job

Seems reasonable. Obama took over at the beginning of an economic cycle and Trump took over at the end of one.

But, the underlying trends, that is where the real deal is. And seeing lower end wages rising, is very exciting for anyone that cares about the working man.

There are consequences. Wage rises should reflect productivity gains otherwise inflation will emerge and nullify the rises.

Trump cannot pull more tax cuts out of his sleeves. Debt is rising > 2x faster than GDP.

1. Productivity has been rising for decades without significant increases in lower and middle class wages.

2. Tax cuts? Who said anything about tax cuts? IMO, the drivers are better trade and immigration policy.

Obama had 5 years of manufacturing job growth from 2010. Trump's manufacturing job growth has flatlined after 2 years. Productivity actually fell recently.

Looks like maobamas numbers flattened in 2015-16, too bad the commies sat on the USMCA for so long, they hurt the country.

Again, your stories do not sway me, for all I know you are 22 year old kid living in your families basement.

I'm in construction, I barely made it by under Obama. Now it's booming, and I'll be 50 next year.

Oh no, there was hardly any work under Obama's economy. I mean he did ask where Trump's magic wand was, he also told us slow growth was the new norm in America. So are you saying Obama was lying again?

Not sure what you build, but new housing starts has been going up for almost 10 years, and is leveling off under Trump

View attachment 296108

Not really.

Single-family-starts.png

By
Justin Fox
1200x-1.jpg

• Timing Is Everything

• Smooth Calculator

• On the Job

• On the Job

Thanks to Obama. Trump was handed a healthy growing economy and he has pillaged it in favor of his rich buddies.

Fuck you, median middle class income is up $5,500 in the last 3 years. 76% say the economy is good or very good under Trump.

By
Justin Fox
1200x-1.jpg

• Timing Is Everything

• Smooth Calculator

• On the Job

• On the Job

Link?:auiqs.jpg: Or, are you just butthurt that he didn't tank the economy?

View attachment 296108

No it didn't....where do you get your information, Democrat Underground?

View attachment 296108

The fact is multi-family housing is doing even better.

View attachment 296108

It is the new wave, they are going up all over the place around here. The wife and I are going to down size soon as the son is off to college and we are looking at them.

View attachment 296108

It is the new wave, they are going up all over the place around here. The wife and I are going to down size soon as the son is off to college and we are looking at them.

Same here, we also have a dozen new single family subdivisions going up all around me.

Looks like maobamas numbers flattened in 2015-16, too bad the commies sat on the USMCA for so long, they hurt the country.

The GDP fell as soon as Trump imposed tariffs.

The steel industry is now shedding jobs. Tariffs did not help, but in fact exacerbated the problem.

"The benchmark steel price in the United States has declined steadily since the second half of 2018, when prices were just above $800 a ton, down to $520 a ton, she noted."

This is the consequence of Orange buffoons driving the US economy with their obese gut.

The stable genius should not have been allowed out of the stable.

The entire American steel industry just got downgraded - CNN

The entire American steel industry just got downgraded
Chris Isidore byline
By Chris Isidore, CNN Business

Retired steel worker slams Trump as his town languishes

This is the worst case scenario for the US-China trade war

New York (CNN Business)The steady decline of America's steel industry is continuing, despite President Donald Trump's efforts to protect it through tariffs on imports.
The latest sign came on Thursday, when Moody's downgraded its outlook for the entire domestic industry to "negative" from "stable." The credit rating agency cited slowing manufacturing overall and a continued decline in prices.

"We do not expect the situation to improve soon," Carol Cowan, a senior vice president at Moody's, wrote in a report. The benchmark steel price in the United States has declined steadily since the second half of 2018, when prices were just above $800 a ton, down to $520 a ton, she noted. ...

By
Justin Fox
1200x-1.jpg

• Timing Is Everything

• Smooth Calculator

• On the Job

• On the Job

Fuck you, median middle class income is up $5,500 in the last 3 years. 76% say the economy is good or very good under Trump.

Health insurance and other costs are up as well as the loss of deductibility of full state property taxes.

Trump clouds the minds of and distracts the gullible while he empties their pockets.

The Trump economy is bogus and is fueled by accelerating Federal Government debt which is growing > 2x faster than GDP.

The GDP fell as soon as Trump imposed tariffs.

The steel industry is now shedding jobs. Tariffs did not help, but in fact exacerbated the problem.

"The benchmark steel price in the United States has declined steadily since the second half of 2018, when prices were just above $800 a ton, down to $520 a ton, she noted."

This is the consequence of Orange buffoons driving the US economy with their obese gut.

The stable genius should not have been allowed out of the stable.

The entire American steel industry just got downgraded - CNN

The entire American steel industry just got downgraded
Chris Isidore byline
By Chris Isidore, CNN Business

Retired steel worker slams Trump as his town languishes

This is the worst case scenario for the US-China trade war

New York (CNN Business)The steady decline of America's steel industry is continuing, despite President Donald Trump's efforts to protect it through tariffs on imports.
The latest sign came on Thursday, when Moody's downgraded its outlook for the entire domestic industry to "negative" from "stable." The credit rating agency cited slowing manufacturing overall and a continued decline in prices.

"We do not expect the situation to improve soon," Carol Cowan, a senior vice president at Moody's, wrote in a report. The benchmark steel price in the United States has declined steadily since the second half of 2018, when prices were just above $800 a ton, down to $520 a ton, she noted. ...

Blah, blah, blah, US Steel has had one down quarter in the last 2.5 years.

United States Steel Profit Margin (Quarterly) | X

View attachment 296108

People are realizing that a one-fifth acre lot and a home size that greatly exceeds their needs is a liability when they are older.

By
Justin Fox
1200x-1.jpg

• Timing Is Everything

• Smooth Calculator

• On the Job

• On the Job

Health insurance and other costs are up as well as the loss of deductibility of full state property taxes.

Trump clouds the minds of and distracts the gullible while he empties their pockets.

The Trump economy is bogus and is fueled by accelerating Federal Government debt which is growing > 2x faster than GDP.

None of that effects me, I don't know what your problem is. Perhaps you live in a poorly run State.
:iyfyus.jpg:

Forum List

Back