Somewhere between resigned and despondent

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
Right around the time of the Belgium attack, I noticed an increase in police activity in Grand Central Station. There were probably 50 to 60 armed personnel from NYC Police, NYS Police, US Army Regular, maybe a Marine Corp sniper hiding behind the Apple counter, and others. One group of police, armed with machine guns, had a dog. Since I walked past it without it signaling, I assume it was a bomb sniffing dog since it missed the heroin and Obama's best Hawaiian Pakololo I just scored

I commented to anyone who would listen, an ever shrinking circle, that it was stupid to have the dog INSIDE the station, by then it's too late! It should be out on the perimeter trying to catch a scent BEFORE they get into GCT. Then I read in this morning's WSJ that the Belgium bomber build the bomb using essentially nail polish remover and peroxide; dogs are not trained to signal for either or there would be a million false positives a day

So now, somewhere between resigned and despondent, I realize, all of Homeland Security, all the Kabuki Theater of armed police and military is a charade, it's just a police state first and foremost and never had any way to make anyone safer. Welcome to the USA version 2.0

Do you think that the ingredients used were because they could get them passed dogs? Or were they used, like the Boston Bombers, because Walmart was out of C4? I realize that isn't your point but, if they can make such a bomb out of such ingredients I am not sure what any law enforcement could do.

But doing nothing doesn't seem to be an option.

Right around the time of the Belgium attack, I noticed an increase in police activity in Grand Central Station. There were probably 50 to 60 armed personnel from NYC Police, NYS Police, US Army Regular, maybe a Marine Corp sniper hiding behind the Apple counter, and others. One group of police, armed with machine guns, had a dog. Since I walked past it without it signaling, I assume it was a bomb sniffing dog since it missed the heroin and Obama's best Hawaiian Pakololo I just scored

I commented to anyone who would listen, an ever shrinking circle, that it was stupid to have the dog INSIDE the station, by then it's too late! It should be out on the perimeter trying to catch a scent BEFORE they get into GCT. Then I read in this morning's WSJ that the Belgium bomber build the bomb using essentially nail polish remover and peroxide; dogs are not trained to signal for either or there would be a million false positives a day

So now, somewhere between resigned and despondent, I realize, all of Homeland Security, all the Kabuki Theater of armed police and military is a charade, it's just a police state first and foremost and never had any way to make anyone safer. Welcome to the USA version 2.0

It was asked should the police in Ireland be armed at the airport... Everyone said why, if they want to blow themselves up they will... Why Airports? football games and any other high traffic situation is just as good...
Police have a habit of shooting people...

So generally we treat our muslim population well and ask them to report on any Wahhabism believers in the country... They agreed and they think they are bigger assholes than we do... They want them out of the country before they cause any trouble... Have a policy a Good Muslim is a Good Irishman... Actually the Muslims and Jews are quite close in Dublin communities...

Do you think that the ingredients used were because they could get them passed dogs? Or were they used, like the Boston Bombers, because Walmart was out of C4? I realize that isn't your point but, if they can make such a bomb out of such ingredients I am not sure what any law enforcement could do.

Doing nothing is always an option. It's the default option.

When there is an obvious threat, doing nothing does not seem prudent. Or are you saying there is nothing we can do so why do anything?

DHS has become a revenue- devouring, jobs program just like the Pentagon

RqWSfx7.gif

Last edited:

Of course it is a charade, it does not deter, dissuade or prevent a terrorist action. After an attack I hear, "they were warned", "they knew", "who could have imagined" a false sense of security and a reason to justify spending obscene amounts of money on another person's power trip. If anyone is prevented from acting in a normal manner it is the average citizen who is just trying to go about his day.

When there is an obvious threat, doing nothing does not seem prudent. Or are you saying there is nothing we can do so why do anything?

Whether there is something we CAN do or not, it should be weighed by the same cost/benefit standard as any industrial regulation is.

Yes, that's the point. They using household chemicals and DHS is spending its time hunting down Conservatives instead of Jihadists so all in all it's a recipe for another false flag attack

they usually use the trace leftover acid as the sniffer agent not the acetone for dogs to detect

during training

It was asked should the police in Ireland be armed at the airport... Everyone said why, if they want to blow themselves up they will... Why Airports? football games and any other high traffic situation is just as good...
Police have a habit of shooting people...

So generally we treat our muslim population well and ask them to report on any Wahhabism believers in the country... They agreed and they think they are bigger assholes than we do... They want them out of the country before they cause any trouble... Have a policy a Good Muslim is a Good Irishman... Actually the Muslims and Jews are quite close in Dublin communities...

Yes, NYC Police can't shoot for anything, they do more collateral damage than carpet bombing

Of course it is a charade, it does not deter, dissuade or prevent a terrorist action. After an attack I hear, "they were warned", "they knew", "who could have imagined" a false sense of security and a reason to justify spending obscene amounts of money on another person's power trip. If anyone is prevented from acting in a normal manner it is the average citizen who is just trying to go about his day.

How can we know when they stopped a terrorist attack?

Thank you!!

"The dogs were subsequently tested on detecting solid crystalline TATP synthesized using different base compounds and production methods. Dogs trained to respond to the training aids demonstrated a sufficient response to different kinds of crystalline TATP, whereas no systematic false alerts on either acetone or hydrogen peroxide were noted."

Again, once INSIDE GCT, what are the options?

Because they tell us they did

Do you treat that with the same interest as you do when they don't stop an attack?

Do you treat that with the same interest as you do when they don't stop an attack?
I give it the time and attention it deserves

Forum List

Back