someone asked: would you respect a non binary person pronouns?

There are a number of them where I live, a college town.
I tend to avoid using any pronouns around them.
In my opinion, and keep in mind, I live in an area with a considerably higher percentage of them, they are a bit on the self righteous side. They are use to people climbing over each other to be over friendly with them to assure their membership in the woke club.
I treat them exactly the same as normal wait staff. Friendly enough, smile etc. but I do not, in any way, acknowledge their presence as something special like I see so many do.
The result of that virtually always results in them acting distant. Because I don't revere them, pay homage to them, they probably think I am transphobic.
Leftist around here treat them like how people long ago treated priests.
No one does that. I think you confuse that with treating them the same as anyone else.

Those are not pronouns.
Well, they can be but I see what you're getting at. They are still sex indicators. It is still a proper contradiction of what you said unless you want to be seriously pedantic.

It's common indicative speech that gets you in trouble with perpetually bitchy trans people. It's not as easy to communicate with these people without either offending or conceding as you suggest.

Those are not pronouns. They are honorifics. And does VA count as the South to you?
Aye, and so are pronouns in the woke world.
It is like they are carrying around a high honor relic that everyone must acknowledge, and if someone dares to not acknowledge it - they are evil and deserve punishment.

If this was in a business or other public environment, I would use their preferred language; but I would also seek to permanently distance myself from them.

In a private environment I would either leave or request they leave, depending on whose property we were on.

Well, they can be but I see what you're getting at. They are still sex indicators. It is still a proper contradiction of what you said unless you want to be seriously pedantic.

It's common indicative speech that gets you in trouble with perpetually bitchy trans people. It's not as easy to communicate with these people without either offending or conceding as you suggest.
No they are honorifics not pronouns

No one does that. I think you confuse that with treating them the same as anyone else.
I'm not obligated to treat anybody any way if I'm not getting paid, nor should I be. You want to send me a check in the mail for having good relations with trans people? I'll consider it.

I'm not obligated to treat anybody any way if I'm not getting paid, nor should I be. You want to send me a check in the mail for having good relations with trans people? I'll consider it.
True, but you are also not required to be a dick...

You apparently don't know the difference between honorifics and pronouns.
Sure can be used as a pronoun in certain contexts. Are you sure that you're not actually the ignorant one?

You ignored the spirit of my post to drill into pedantry instead. I'm bored now. You're boring.

Last edited:
Is sir sure that he's not actually the ignorant one?

If a word is actually a pronoun it is stated in the definition of that word.

Sir can be used as a pronoun, and anybody that's not a high school dropout should know that. If you're so hard headed that you actually need me to go get you the link to prove to you that you're ignorant I will.

It still doesn't matter though, because you're just being a pedant. Again, you've ignored the spirit of my post because you know that you're wrong on the premise of the original post you made.

Sir can be used as a pronoun, and anybody that's not a high school dropout should know that. If you're so hard headed that you actually need me to go get you the link to prove to you that you're ignorant I will.

It still doesn't matter though, because you're just being a pedant. Again, you've ignored the spirit of my post because you know that you're wrong on the premise of the original post you made.
Sir is a noun so says the definition.

And yes using the words as they are defined is how people actually communicate.

If you want to make up meanings then publish your own dictionary.

Sir is a noun so says the definition.

And yes using the words as they are defined is how people actually communicate.

If you want to make up meanings then publish your own dictionary.
Since you rely on Google to get you through the day you should try this one. "Can sir be used as a pronoun?" Learn something. You're welcome.

Now, trying to move on again, you have still neglected to address what I am actually telling you, which is that it is not as easy to communicate with these people as you suggest.

Forum List

Back