Zone1 They Did It Again, Another Church Of Mine Goes WOKE!!

yep.....organized religion....."follow us or you are going to hell"....
1705328563844.png

Somebody start a Trump Church already and put Roadrunner out of her misery.

Honestly--why are you still trying with the UMC? Honest question. They are lost. Find another denomination.

No, I don't want to. I've just given up on going to church because I can't just change my denomination like I can change my clothes.

No, I don't want to. I've just given up on going to church because I can't just change my denomination like I can change my clothes.
Have you tried talking to Presbyterian ministers or ministers of the Church of the Nazarene? Aren't those the two denominations closest to the UMC?

Most of you remember when I left my contemporary church after they stuck in a thing about learning pronouns in a Christmas Eve service. Well, there must be something happening with the UMC's altogether because this traditional church started talking about how they were pivoting towards change and our lack of acceptance of people of inclusion has got to end and I forgot what exact words she used but white people are basically the enemy. (It was a black female pastor.) Ah well, no church at all is a whole lot better than a fake one.
Find a Missouri Synod Lutheran church.

They are open and accepting to everyone but don't put up with any of that woke nonsense.

Have you tried talking to Presbyterian ministers or ministers of the Church of the Nazarene? Aren't those the two denominations closest to the UMC?

No thanks, I don't really have any interest in doing that at the moment. I don't feel like I have to have a church.

Find a Missouri Synod Lutheran church.

They are open and accepting to everyone but don't put up with any of that woke nonsense.

Again, no thank you.

Same thing.

No it isn't. There are many Christians out there who don't attend church. I find it optional and I know that's going to sound controversial to a lot of people on here, but it doesn't bother me at all.

I really don't have a horse in this race. Yes, you can worship God outside of church. In fact, it's not only encouraged but if you treat every task as a sacred act, it's quite amazing. So I'm not trying to talk you out of your decision. But what I will ask is if you have considered not leaving your church. It really is no big deal. Or at least not a hill worth dying on. Think of it as a sacrifice you are making. Not many people understand the power of sacrifice but it's one of the more powerful acts one can make. Just ask Jesus.

I really don't have a horse in this race. Yes, you can worship God outside of church. In fact, it's not only encouraged but if you treat every task as a sacred act, it's quite amazing. So I'm not trying to talk you out of your decision. But what I will ask is if you have considered not leaving your church. It really is no big deal. Or at least not a hill worth dying on. Think of it as a sacrifice you are making. Not many people understand the power of sacrifice but it's one of the more powerful acts one can make. Just ask Jesus.

No, I just don't want to go to church anymore. It's completely different than saying that I don't believe in God anymore and I'm abandoning my Christianity.

No, I just don't want to go to church anymore. It's completely different than saying that I don't believe in God anymore and I'm abandoning my Christianity.
That's a horse of another color then. I just wouldn't let someone else's political narrative influence my spiritual decisions.

Forum List

Back