Zone1 Why should we be committed to pronoun slavery?

Why does this bother YOU so fucking much??? What difference does it make to YOU what someone wants to be called. Why do YOU make such a big thing about it?

You seem to go out of your way to be offended about EVERYTHING. If someone wants to be referred to as he, she or them, what difference does it make? Why does it make you angry?

Why do YOUR desires override their wishes. What makes you all that and a bag of peanuts?
Why does it bother me? I am bothered when I might get into trouble, perhaps losing my job, for innocently using the wrong pronoun.

Why does it bother me? I am bothered when I might get into trouble, perhaps losing my job for innocently using the wrong pronoun.

Do YOU have even one instance where this has happened???? The only instances I found where employees were fired were in Canada, and there was nothing "unintentional" about their refusal to use the correct pronouns.

The only people who have run afoul of this in the USA are right wing college professors who have made a big political issue out of refusing to treat trans students with respect. Notice that the FIRST word in this quote is "Intentional".

"Intentional refusal to use someone's correct pronouns is equivalent to harassment and a violation of one's civil rights. The Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 expressly prohibits workplace discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, and national origin."

The notion that decent people are having their jobs endangered for making an "innocent" mistake, is one of the lies Republicans use to gin up outrage and hate against the trans community.

Forum List

Back