Zone1 Why should we be committed to pronoun slavery?

justoffal

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2013
Polite society always seeks not to offend. A person prefers to be called by a certain name.... usually there's no problem. Some things are self-evident however and one of them is gender identities.

Having said that and not withstanding a person's personal choices.... Is it not also a personal choice to decide which pronouns we will use whether or not the person we direct them at approves of those pronouns? Who says everyone has to approve of our choice of pronouns before it's okay for us to use them?

When will we be asked to identify a person as a giraffe and be threatened with jail if we do not do that?

Likewise many people like the pronoun asshole.... I get it a lot. I know who they're talking to and I don't usually try to correct it.

But if a person is free to dictate which pronouns other people can use to identify them.... Why isn't the identifier also free to use whatever pronouns or she feels is appropriate for that identification process? Isn't this the very same freedom we're talking about?

Last edited:
Polite society always seeks not to offend. A person prefers to be called by a certain name.... usually there's no problem. Some things are self-evident however and one of them is gender identities.

Having said that and not withstanding a person's personal choices.... Is it not also a personal choice to decide which pronouns we will use whether or not the person we direct them at approves of those pronouns? Who says everyone has to approve of our choice of pronouns before it's okay for us to use them?

When will we be asked to identify a person as a giraffe and be threatened with jail if we do not do that?

Likewise many people like the pronoun asshole.... I get it a lot.
I know who they're talking to and I don't usually try to correct it.

But if a person is free to dictate which pronouns other people can use to identify them.... Why isn't the identifier also free to use whatever pronouns or she feels is appropriate for that identification process? Isn't this the very same freedom we're talking about?
Control the language, and you control the range of thought.

Likewise many people like the pronoun asshole.... I get it a lot. I know who they're talking to and I don't usually try to correct it.

Up here in the Deer Lake, Deer Park area area we use two pronouns, Bucks & Does, whether they come with two or four legs. It's more a local thing than a political issue.

Where can someone be threatened with jail for using the wrong pronoun? What does that?

Well kids can get thrown out of school as bullies if they refuse to use the specific pronouns directed by the confused person.
And teachers can get thrown out of their jobs iand lose their licenses f they use the child's preferred pronoun or do 't report that the child would like a different pronoun.

A plane crashed, 4 women and 8 men and 193 unknowns died.

For the sake of humanity, all this pronoun and woke stuff needs outlawed.

We shouldn't be and I am not. It's not my responsibility to play into someone else's fantasy.

If a person is offended because I don't use some pronouns then they have far more serious issues to deal with than how i refer to them. If they get offended because I call a man a man then need some help because they are so soft, weak willed and pussified that they won't be able to survive real life.

Forum List

Back