Some simple questions

We all saw what happened in Gilroy, CA over the weekend. And I started wondering to myself: of all the gun laws and restrictions passed in the state, which ones could have prevented the mass shooting?

I kept wondering: How many more gun laws and restrictions need to be passed in order to effectively stop this senseless taking of innocent life? Moreover, how long will this go on before the ultimate goal is reached and all gun violence is stopped?

None of you liberals know, do you? Laws are nothing but words on paper or on a computer screen, they carry no weight unless they are dutifully enforced.

So why do you continue pushing more gun laws and more restrictions? When will they start doing what you say they'll do?

You see Chicago? Yeah. All those gun laws and restrictions and the city is just about as dangerous as Iraq and Afghanistan were at the peak of the War on Terrorism.

Do you have any policy ideas that aren't geared toward infringing on the ability of law abiding citizens to defend themselves from the dangers the underbelly of the real world brings?

So, when will you stop with the mindless rhetoric and do something productive to curb the violence?

Just some simple questions I know I'll never get a straight answer to.

You guys always seem to have an answer if the gunman is a Muslim. How come all your great ideas fly out the window when the gunman is a white guy?

And gun laws don't help in one state if another state hands guns out like candy at the fair.

Curious, all of your ideas seem to come when the gunman is a white guy.

I don't fucking care who it is. Muslim, Jew, Christian; Black, White, Asian or Pacific Islander.

Race is irrelevant to my argument.

Stick to the subject matter of the thread or post elsewhere. I'm not playing this childish game.

And yet when the terrorist is Muslim you Trumpsters have all the answers. When will Trump ever say "white supremacist terrorists"?

Laws are no deterrent against anything, neither is the promise of punishment to a determined man.

Most of these clowns have histories. Take them out of society early, and permit no reappearance.

So, why do we bother to have laws?
If there were no laws nor a God, I’m all in for snapping some necks.

Is that all that keeps you from murdering people, the fact it is against the law?

We all saw what happened in Gilroy, CA over the weekend. And I started wondering to myself: of all the gun laws and restrictions passed in the state, which ones could have prevented the mass shooting?

I kept wondering: How many more gun laws and restrictions need to be passed in order to effectively stop this senseless taking of innocent life? Moreover, how long will this go on before the ultimate goal is reached and all gun violence is stopped?

None of you liberals know, do you? Laws are nothing but words on paper or on a computer screen, they carry no weight unless they are dutifully enforced.

So why do you continue pushing more gun laws and more restrictions? When will they start doing what you say they'll do?

You see Chicago? Yeah. All those gun laws and restrictions and the city is just about as dangerous as Iraq and Afghanistan were at the peak of the War on Terrorism.

Do you have any policy ideas that aren't geared toward infringing on the ability of law abiding citizens to defend themselves from the dangers the underbelly of the real world brings?

So, when will you stop with the mindless rhetoric and do something productive to curb the violence?

You guys always seem to have an answer if the gunman is a Muslim. How come all your great ideas fly out the window when the gunman is a white guy?

And gun laws don't help in one state if another state hands guns out like candy at the fair.

I don't fucking care who it is. Muslim, Jew, Christian; Black, White, Asian or Pacific Islander.

Stick to the subject matter of the thread or post elsewhere. I'm not playing this childish game.

And yet when the terrorist is Muslim you Trumpsters have all the answers. When will Trump ever say "white supremacist terrorists"?
Right after a white supremacist walks into a company Christmas party and guns down 23 non white coworkers.

So... to deal the coup de grâce:

Assault-style rifle used in Gilroy shooting could not be sold in California, state attorney general says - CNN

There was a law on the books preventing the sale, distribution and transport of the weapon used in the Gilroy shooting in the State of California. Yet, however, that same weapon was purchased in Nevada made its way into California, and was used on innocent people.

Unless Nevada had the same laws restricting the sale and transport of this particular weapon, or any other states in the US, then there were plenty of ways for a murderer to circumvent California's gun laws.

Moral of the story? You need the whole country to forbid the sale and transport of weapons of this kind, from anywhere in the world. You need the country to effectively ban the sales of firearms in general.

Not happening.

Gun laws are useless unless everyone is enforcing them. No matter how strict one state's gun laws are, if all 50 states are not enforcing similar laws, you will always have a way for a murderer to get his hands on an illicit firearm.

Meaning:

CA's super strict, uber liberal gun laws failed those people in Gilroy.

Yeah, you're right they do only work when everyone enforces them....which is why we need the assault rifle ban reinstated.

The laws in Nevada failed the people in Gilroy.

Hmm. When assault weapons are banned, then what? Killers will resort to lesser, but equally lethal firearms. You can modify pistols to fire at almost the same rates as assault rifles.

And when you ban pistols, then what? This can only lead to a cascading effect where all means of self defense using firearms are made illegal in the US. According to you.

You can ban everything that can conceivably be used as a weapon to kill innocent people, until we are left with nothing but our hands and feet. What happens then?

Mandatory decapitation of all offending human appendages?

Ugh. Even you can't be this naive.

Laws are no deterrent against anything, neither is the promise of punishment to a determined man.

Most of these clowns have histories. Take them out of society early, and permit no reappearance.

Is that all that keeps you from murdering people, the fact it is against the law?
Law and God.

Yes.

No such thing as evil then. Evolution is your thing.

When will you get it through your progressive brain that race is irrelevant? Religion is irrelevant. Hatred isn't, no matter where it stems from.

Law and God.

Yes.

Interesting.

I cannot say I have ever had the desire to murder anyone, so it was not the law or god that stopped me.

Law and God.

Yes.

Interesting.

I cannot say I have ever had the desire to murder anyone, so it was not the law or god that stopped me.
Never had a teen in the house I see.

Law and God.

Yes.

Interesting.

two. one is now 24 and one 17. both drove me crazy but I never wanted to kill either of my kids.

We are finding out more and more about you.

Law and God.

Yes.

Interesting.

two. one is now 24 and one 17. both drove me crazy but I never wanted to kill either of my kids.

We are finding out more and more about you.

And we already know about you.

Like all leftists, zero sense of humor.

Sure. Take 95% of guns from everyone. Forbid their sale anywhere in this country and that includes ammunition. Anyone without a special permit (which one doesn't get without VERY good reason, training and regular re-vetting) caught holding a gun is shot dead on sight.

You don't have a "right" to a murder machine. If you don't want to be attacked by criminals, move out of their neighborhood. What, do you live in Baltimore?

That is a great plan. As soon as you get the 2nd Amendment repealed you should move forward with it.

Till then, fuck off and quit shitting on the Constitution.
Well, he asked, although in the very same question, he told me I could not answer. It's a trick you guys like to use. And from your language, I'm guessing you took me seriously. I think we should repeal the Second, but not to remove guns from everyone. There needs to be national legislation though, and there is sure no need for anyone to have an SKS in their broom closet.

Sure. Take 95% of guns from everyone. Forbid their sale anywhere in this country and that includes ammunition. Anyone without a special permit (which one doesn't get without VERY good reason, training and regular re-vetting) caught holding a gun is shot dead on sight.

You don't have a "right" to a murder machine. If you don't want to be attacked by criminals, move out of their neighborhood. What, do you live in Baltimore?

That is a great plan. As soon as you get the 2nd Amendment repealed you should move forward with it.

Well, he asked, although in the very same question, he told me I could not answer. It's a trick you guys like to use. And from your language, I'm guessing you took me seriously. I think we should repeal the Second, but not to remove guns from everyone. There needs to be national legislation though, and there is sure no need for anyone to have an SKS in their broom closet.

You're turning or have turned into a bona fide conspiracy theorist.

Oh the sheer inanity of it all.

It’s in the Constitution and Not laws because laws are easily changed.

There is no need for a lot of things that we own, yet here we are.

Assault-style rifle used in Gilroy shooting could not be sold in California, state attorney general says - CNN

There was a law on the books preventing the sale, distribution and transport of the weapon used in the Gilroy shooting in the State of California. Yet, however, that same weapon was purchased in Nevada made its way into California, and was used on innocent people.

Unless Nevada had the same laws restricting the sale and transport of this particular weapon, or any other states in the US, then there were plenty of ways for a murderer to circumvent California's gun laws.

Moral of the story? You need the whole country to forbid the sale and transport of weapons of this kind, from anywhere in the world. You need the country to effectively ban the sales of firearms in general.

Not happening.

Gun laws are useless unless everyone is enforcing them. No matter how strict one state's gun laws are, if all 50 states are not enforcing similar laws, you will always have a way for a murderer to get his hands on an illicit firearm.

Meaning:

Yeah, you're right they do only work when everyone enforces them....which is why we need the assault rifle ban reinstated.

Hmm. When assault weapons are banned, then what? Killers will resort to lesser, but equally lethal firearms. You can modify pistols to fire at almost the same rates as assault rifles.

And when you ban pistols, then what? This can only lead to a cascading effect where all means of self defense using firearms are made illegal in the US. According to you.

You can ban everything that can conceivably be used as a weapon to kill innocent people, until we are left with nothing but our hands and feet. What happens then?

The "cascading effect" is all in your imagination and used by the NRA as a scare tactic that makes reasonable discussion impossible.

Not happening.

Meaning:

The "cascading effect" is all in your imagination and used by the NRA as a scare tactic that makes reasonable discussion impossible.

I'm not even a member of the NRA, firstly.

Secondly, I don't subscribe to fear tactics and dictated thought.

Thirdly, I can already see what "imagination" does to politics. It creates fantastical Utopian scenarios were gun laws stop gun violence and deter would be offenders from ever pressing the pads of their fingers on a firearm. I can already see what "imagination" does to those involved in politics. It creates people like you.

YOU are making reasonable discussion impossible. Use your brain. What is the logical conclusion when one type of firearm is banned? The next best thing is used, and the next, and the next. You then get to a point where all contrived forms of killing are banned. You are left only with the implements you were born with, your brain, your hands, and your feet.

Have a good morning.

Last edited:
And when exactly do the "good guys with the guns" start to stop these sort of things from happening? I was told by my gun-worshiping friends that an armed population is a safe population.

We are the most armed nation on the planet.
Why are we not the safest?

I wonder if Nevada had a law saying, "If you can't buy a gun in your home state, then you can't buy one here either," would have helped. He couldn't have purchased a gun in California.

OTOH, where does California get off saying 18 is not "adult enough" to buy a gun? You can buy a car, or a house, or a chainsaw. You can DIE IN AFGANNI-STAN, for Christ Sake! Fucking Nannies.
Not a lot of hunters in California, I'm guessing.

Forum List

Back