Some people are too stupid to breathe...

If a liberal professor is allowed to share their political beliefs, it's fine for conservative instructors to share their beliefs....correct?

I would imagine as in other fields of employment conservatives stay quiet about politics and do their job.
Then you imagine wrongly.

This is why I don't take you seriously. Thanks for the opinion.
That is why you are so foolish to think that cons don't propagandize in their classrooms.

If a liberal professor is allowed to share their political beliefs, it's fine for conservative instructors to share their beliefs....correct?

I would imagine as in other fields of employment conservatives stay quiet about politics and do their job.

Funny how that seems to be the norm. The first time I heard politics in my office in the past 8 years were from angry Hillary supporters. My only reply is , "It's impolite to discuss religion or politics at work."

Professors have a right to say what they want in class, and students have a right to record them and expose them when they do.
The profs have the legal right to put in the syllabus that the lectures not be taped. End of story.
You're defending this horrible teacher and her thuggish union. That makes you an awful person.
If you say something in public, you have no right to restrict what those who listen do with your words. A professor expects you to take notes, essentially recording your words and "wisdom" If he/she is not wise enough to restrict themselves to what they would like the rest of the world to hear, they should learn to control what they say.
Recording lectures has been standard since portable reel to reels when I was attending college lectures nearly 50 years ago.

Professors have a right to say what they want in class, and students have a right to record them and expose them when they do.
The profs have the legal right to put in the syllabus that the lectures not be taped. End of story.
You're defending this horrible teacher and her thuggish union. That makes you an awful person.
If you say something in public, you have no right to restrict what those who listen do with your words. A professor expects you to take notes, essentially recording your words and "wisdom" If he/she is not wise enough to restrict themselves to what they would like the rest of the world to hear, they should learn to control what they say.
Recording lectures has been standard since portable reel to reels when I was attending college lectures nearly 50 years ago.
A college classroom is not "public" space at all as suggested by imbecilic bartenders. The professor crafts the syllabus, instructs the students on their duties to the syllabus, and then the class moves on. Portable recording devices can be and should be governed by the syllabus. It is totally the prof's purview on what to do with them and how they are to be used.

I see AvgGuyIA and iceweasel can't hang with truth, justice, and the American way. :lol:

They need to learn not to take you seriously, I have.
Some one takes Jake the Fake Starkey seriously?

Who, other than his obviously wealthy psychiatrist?

I learned long ago that they only one that takes Jake seriously is Jake. I think he is amusing, he reminds me of guno and shootspeeders.
I have a theory that about half the liberals on this message board are all socks of some trolling Humanities department TAs in some cheap private college in New Hampshire somewhere.

I see AvgGuyIA and iceweasel can't hang with truth, justice, and the American way. :lol:

I learned long ago that they only one that takes Jake seriously is Jake. I think he is amusing, he reminds me of guno and shootspeeders.
I have a theory that about half the liberals on this message board are all socks of some trolling Humanities department TAs in some cheap private college in New Hampshire somewhere.

That's why he is favoring the professor. Makes sense.

You remind me of Pete7469. When you have something of worth, I will let you know.

Professors have the right to control classroom educational activity.

The syllabus is unanimous tool of university for controlling classroom activity.

Any professor can ban electronic recording of lectures.

You don't like it. But that does not matter.

The use of the "isolation" technique continues.

Isolate the story down to its smallest possible size in an attempt to avoid the macro issue.
That is exactly the issue here.

The far right is concentrating on one professor instead of the issue of whether professors can use the Syllabus as an administrative device to direct classroom behavior.

facepalmbear-5804f2af3df78cbc28913ff7.PNG

Mac, in this case, is the perfect example of the regressive far right and 'fake analysis' in this case. He follows the examples of Alinksy and Limbaugh in isolating a single example and then mirroring the opposition: in other words, accusing them of doing what he is doing. Mac1958 is isolating one professor and his policy rather than discussing the policy itself.

I have easily dispatched his lack of integrity in discussion.

9454397418_39830e2920_z.jpg

You remind me of Pete7469. When you have something of worth, I will let you know.

Coming from you that's a great compliment.

Professors have the right to control classroom educational activity.

The syllabus is unanimous tool of university for controlling classroom activity.

Any professor can ban electronic recording of lectures.

You don't like it. But that does not matter.

I already agreed with you. You are dense.

Forum List

Back