Some people are too stupid to breathe...

Those without college degrees are going to suffer big time coming up. They are too stupid to see the wealthy will now laugh all the way to the bank while they are told they make too much. And they will buy into it.

Many of my students record my lectures. Whatever I say, humorous, or otherwise, could end up on social media. If a professor is concerned about their statements becoming public record should limit their comments to subject relevant information.

Actually, they should stay out of issues and teach the subject they are hired and paid to teach.

The profs have the legal right to put in the syllabus that the lectures not be taped. End of story.

They do not, If that is true a cop can say I put in my daily reports that I will not be taping any of my actions today.
If the school has ever let any student tape any action by any professor for any reason, there is precedent for any student to tape anything that any professor does. Therefore BOO HOO BUTTFUKIN HOO. This libeal lie is history, the UNION is trying to use strong-arm tactics to suppress pertinent information about their union members VIOLATION of their students rights, and UNEQUAL treatment of some of their students. Time to pull this teachers credentials and possibly the schools accreditation.

Many of my students record my lectures. Whatever I say, humorous, or otherwise, could end up on social media. If a professor is concerned about their statements becoming public record should limit their comments to subject relevant information.

I don't know what's more worrisome - that you think you have a sense of humour or that you teach...
Too bad for you, because you have insufficient information to make any kind of judgement of either my sense of humor, or my teaching ability. And yet, you somehow feel qualified to make a judgement of both aspects of my ability.

Professors have a right to say what they want in class, and students have a right to record them and expose them when they do.
The profs have the legal right to put in the syllabus that the lectures not be taped. End of story.

But does a 'professor' of sexuality allowed to have a political rant on students' dime? The students pay through the nose for their education. They have a right to be taught the subject they are in...not what the 'professor' thinks they should be talking about. If I go to a physics lecture I want to be taught physics, not geography.
The students are not business consumers and have no contractual right to dictate how they receive their lectures..

They do have a right to ask that the professors stay on track and complain to the Dept Chair and then the Dean if necessary.
Ah, there you are wrong. The students are consumers who have purchased certain products. If a professor fails to deliver the expected "product", the students have every right to protest the lack of delivery. Of course, the course syllabus should clearly outline what the "consumers" may expect from the course work and should the professor fail to deliver as advertised, the students have every right, as "consumers", to express their displeasure.

Actually, they should stay out of issues and teach the subject they are hired and paid to teach.
Oh, I do agree. It does help to have a humorous aspect to your presentation, though. An ice-breaking cartoon or joke does no harm.

They do not, If that is true a cop can say I put in my daily reports that I will not be taping any of my actions today.
If the school has ever let any student tape any action by any professor for any reason, there is precedent for any student to tape anything that any professor does. Therefore BOO HOO BUTTFUKIN HOO. This libeal lie is history, the UNION is trying to use strong-arm tactics to suppress pertinent information about their union members VIOLATION of their students rights, and UNEQUAL treatment of some of their students. Time to pull this teachers credentials and possibly the schools accreditation.
They do have that right, and if you can't accept the syllabus, you will not allowed to take class. No contractual right to business product is part of the academic paradigm. You can yell all you want, friend, but there it is. You have no idea of how a union works, for instance, in a right to work state like Texas, 12icer. Just sit down, be quiet, and learn. (No, you may not tape the lecture).

Professors have a right to say what they want in class, and students have a right to record them and expose them when they do.

But does a 'professor' of sexuality allowed to have a political rant on students' dime? The students pay through the nose for their education. They have a right to be taught the subject they are in...not what the 'professor' thinks they should be talking about. If I go to a physics lecture I want to be taught physics, not geography.
The students are not business consumers and have no contractual right to dictate how they receive their lectures..

They do have a right to ask that the professors stay on track and complain to the Dept Chair and then the Dean if necessary.
Ah, there you are wrong. The students are consumers who have purchased certain products. If a professor fails to deliver the expected "product", the students have every right to protest the lack of delivery. Of course, the course syllabus should clearly outline what the "consumers" may expect from the course work and should the professor fail to deliver as advertised, the students have every right, as "consumers", to express their displeasure.
Take that up with your Dean, so you can be properly instructed. No sense of business consumerism informs the syllabus or the class.

Last edited:
[
Too bad for you, because you have insufficient information to make any kind of judgement of either my sense of humor, or my teaching ability. And yet, you somehow feel qualified to make a judgement of both aspects of my ability.

I've seen you post over the past five years. Unless you don't believe what you post...

Take that up with your Dean, so you can be correct. No sense of business consumerism informs the syllabus or the class.
Our syllabus is driven by the FAA, actually. The school I teach for used to be a community college type school until it was integrated into the university system. My students are very subject oriented and have a very specific goal in the educational minds. If I fail to deliver the expected information that guides them to their specific goal, they can damned well be angry. Therefore, I am quite familiar with their expectations and their consumer demands. I deliver the product they require in order to meet their goals. The only touchy-feely where I teach involves tools and equipment.

Take that up with your Dean, so you can be correct. No sense of business consumerism informs the syllabus or the class.
Our syllabus is driven by the FAA, actually. The school I teach for used to be a community college type school until it was integrated into the university system. My students are very subject oriented and have a very specific goal in the educational minds. If I fail to deliver the expected information that guides them to their specific goal, they can damned well be angry. Therefore, I am quite familiar with their expectations and their consumer demands. I deliver the product they require in order to meet their goals. The only touchy-feely where I teach involves tools and equipment.
That is your personal take, not the legal take. However, I commend your approach.

Here is some homework for 12icer and others.

Why do students need to ask permission for tape recording a ...
answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=...

can a professor forbid students from taping lectures - Yahoo Search Results
A professor who has confidence in their subject presentation should have no reservations. Personally, I think my voice sounds like doo-doo, but I don't have to listen to it.
:lol: That is your call. Students have no legal right to demand to tape lectures unless you wave your intellectual property right to your lectures. Put that in your syllabus.

That is your personal take, not the legal take. However, I commend your approach.
Thanks. My personal approach has never come into conflict with any legalities, so I remain unconcerned. I receive top commendations from my students and have for the past 16 years. I tend to honor student evaluations concerning my teaching methods. Students luvs me, that counts for a lot. I've had students come back years later and tell me that they remember what I taught them better than most of the other course material.

Here is some homework for 12icer and others.

Why do students need to ask permission for tape recording a ...
answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=...

can a professor forbid students from taping lectures - Yahoo Search Results
A professor who has confidence in their subject presentation should have no reservations. Personally, I think my voice sounds like doo-doo, but I don't have to listen to it.
:lol: That is your call. Students have no legal right to demand to tape lectures unless you wave your intellectual property right to your lectures. Put that in your syllabus.
I post my powerpoint presentations on blackboard. If I can facilitate student learning, I do it.

So funny...the school doesn't want it out there that their professors are political even in classes with nothing to do with politics.

Assholes like this and how the school is handling it is why Trump won.

What's-a matter you? :slap: that's-a not why...
fake news is-a bad, they make fake-a polls
when-a too many white-a people vote
it's-a because they are racist and Obama is-a black,
Russian hackers working-a for Putin, who is Trumps-a lover,
hacked voting-a machines from Russia, to-a take over America,
which will be-a sold to-a China, to-a create a Palestinian state...

Ah, shaddap-a you face...fake news it's-a bad!

Forum List

Back