Some people are too stupid to breathe...

images

Counter suit... Free ride through college along with demands for having that professor fired.

If I'm going through college I don't want to listen to some professor whine and slander myself and others because they don't agree with the election results.

*****SMILE*****

:)

Many of my students record my lectures. Whatever I say, humorous, or otherwise, could end up on social media. If a professor is concerned about their statements becoming public record should limit their comments to subject relevant information.

Professors have a right to say what they want in class, and students have a right to record them and expose them when they do.

It is very common for students to record their classes, especially lectures. We used to do it with the little tape recorders sold in the student union. I have never had a professor or grad student even mention the dozen little tape recorders clearly visible on desktops. This appears to be for intimidation purposes. Are they banning recording across the board or just this one?

It is very common for students to record their classes, especially lectures. We used to do it with the little tape recorders sold in the student union. I have never had a professor or grad student even mention the dozen little tape recorders clearly visible on desktops. This appears to be for intimidation purposes. Are they banning recording across the board or just this one?

Just those that disagree with the professor's politics. Everyone else is fine. :)

This woman should be pistol whipped to a coma, since she has no real job she obviously can't make it in the real world. She being a fucking piece of shit professor… LOL

Orange Coast College Student Threatened With Expulsion After Recording Professor's Anti-Trump Tirade

So funny...the school doesn't want it out there that their professors are political even in classes with nothing to do with politics.

Assholes like this and how the school is handling it is why Trump won.

Thanks, snowflakes!!

Professors have a right to say what they want in class, and students have a right to record them and expose them when they do.
The profs have the legal right to put in the syllabus that the lectures not be taped. End of story.

Many of my students record my lectures. Whatever I say, humorous, or otherwise, could end up on social media. If a professor is concerned about their statements becoming public record should limit their comments to subject relevant information.

I don't know what's more worrisome - that you think you have a sense of humour or that you teach...

The profs have the legal right to put in the syllabus that the lectures not be taped. End of story.

But does a 'professor' of sexuality allowed to have a political rant on students' dime? The students pay through the nose for their education. They have a right to be taught the subject they are in...not what the 'professor' thinks they should be talking about. If I go to a physics lecture I want to be taught physics, not geography.

You're defending this horrible teacher and her thuggish union. That makes you an awful person.

I warned Jake about posting until after inaguration day. He no listen. Awful.........

You're defending this horrible teacher and her thuggish union. That makes you an awful person.
I can live with your condemnation, sweet cheeks.

The professor has Intellectual property rights to the lectures and can dictate how they may be recorded.

Just one issue is to prevent students from selling the lectures.

You need to think like an adult, Blackrook, not emotionally but logically and accurately.

But does a 'professor' of sexuality allowed to have a political rant on students' dime? The students pay through the nose for their education. They have a right to be taught the subject they are in...not what the 'professor' thinks they should be talking about. If I go to a physics lecture I want to be taught physics, not geography.
The students are not business consumers and have no contractual right to dictate how they receive their lectures..

They do have a right to ask that the professors stay on track and complain to the Dept Chair and then the Dean if necessary.

The students are not business consumers and have no contractual right to dictate how they receive their lectures..

They do have a right to ask that the professors stay on track and complain to the Dept Chair and then the Dean if necessary.

I agree with the first paragraph- with a caveat that they teach in a manner that is conducive to learning. Students do have that right.

They also have the right to tell the professor to fuck off…

Forum List

Back