Some Inconvenient Facts About Social Security

Yes, why do you think we are importing millions of hispanic workers ??? They are going to replace the American woke tard.
If any program relies on an ever expanding population, its doomed to fail. Unless you expand the population forever. And that would have to be exponentially.

I doubt Americans want billions of people here.

Well, when you're young you don't kinda take on board retirement and pensions (private and state) etc.. So when I set out working, the first year was YTS (Youth Training Scheme) that paid peanuts as a wage. That meant I earned under the lower earnings limit, not enough to cover my stamp for state pension. I received a letter to say I fell short on some ninety quid for that year but I don't have to pay it, just means it lowers your final state pension. So as a young man I thought, "Pfft, I don't have to pay it so I'm not gonna". On hindsight, I should have been forced to pay it.

My private pension matured late last year, so now I can just work part time, and fully retire when I hit state pension age.

In the UK, if you're employed you are automatically enrolled into your employer's pension scheme, they must provide one and it's up to you to write to the pension regulator to opt out. It's called the, " We're All In".

Imo, it's the start of the UK government scrapping state pensions. Over the decades, the rules will change, you won't be able to opt out, then contribution percentages will increase etc.. over the next few decades. But I can guarantee this, if/when state pensions are scrapped, the tax burden won't be any less. National Insurance contributions may cease on pay slips but it'll just be collected from elsewhere.
Completely irrelevant.

it is going broke, we have to make changes to save it for the next generation. Since the dems under LBJ did away with the SS trust fund and spent the money of their pet projects the system is going broke. Changes must be made, the easiest would be to collect the SS tax on all earnings with no cap. Why should most people pay it on their entire income and the very rich on only a small portion of it?
NOT TRUE!

++++++++++++++++

With millions flowing across the border, the workforce will grow, :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:
Right now, a retiree relies on the "contributions" of 3 LEGAL, taxpaying workers to fund their SS, and the trustees estimate that will quickly become 2. That's just no sustainable, no matter how popular it is.

Or retire with a huge pile of money with much higher monthly benefits and you can leave
the pile of money to your heirs when you pass.
I had a 403B with relatively safe investments from my time as a teacher. My retirement funds dropped 20% thanks to Joe Biden in 2022.

My medical care is over $700 a month because I am not eligible for Medicare. I just had a liver transplant less than 2 weeks ago.

My SS is about $1500 a month. Try paying for medical and a mortgage with that amount.

I had a 403B with relatively safe investments from my time as a teacher. My retirement funds dropped 20% thanks to Joe Biden in 2022.

My medical care is over $700 a month because I am not eligible for Medicare. I just had a liver transplant less than 2 weeks ago.

My SS is about $1500 a month. Try paying for medical and a mortgage with that amount.
What is your 403b worth?

Obama devastated my 401k and to the day Trump was elected it starting going up. My Uncle had a big 401k and he lost substantial amounts. He voted for Obama.

Obama devastated my 401k and to the day Trump was elected it starting going up. My Uncle had a big 401k and he lost substantial amounts. He voted for Obama.

Considering the Dow Jones was 8,200 when Obama took office and it was 19,800 when he left, you should have fired your investment planner.

WW

Considering the Dow Jones was 8,200 when Obama took office and it was 19,800 when he left, you should have fired your investment planner.

WW
You should keep your filthy mouth shut. Also everyone at work that had 401k lost money while that traitor pos was in office.

So did your 401K really lose money when the stock market more than doubled?

If so, my comment stands. If not, why lie?

WW
Stfu. We all lost when that filthy bastard was in. Why lie? It's a leftist prereq.

Stfu. We all lost when that filthy bastard was in. Why lie? It's a leftist prereq.

What what? You said: "Obama devastated my 401k..."

And yet the Dow Jones more than doubled under Obama. If your 401K was invested in any portion of the market it would have increased and not been "devastated".

And you acuse me, a GOP voter for 40 years, as a leftist and say that I lie?

Bless your heart. (Said in Southern.)

WW

What what? You said: "Obama devastated my 401k..."

And yet the Dow Jones more than doubled under Obama. If your 401K was invested in any portion of the market it would have increased and not been "devastated".

And you acuse me, a GOP voter for 40 years, as a leftist and say that I lie?

Bless your heart. (Said in Southern.)

WW
You can be anyone on the internet.

Forum List

Back