Some ideas on criminal justice reform

eagle7-31

Diamond Member
Mar 24, 2020

of course the looney left who believe its 1924 and not 2024 want to defund the police and believe many white cops are KKK supporters. But a number of the ideas in this piece make good sense. Not all of them may be applicable but most should be considered,

of course the looney left who believe its 1924 and not 2024 want to defund the police and believe many white cops are KKK supporters. But a number of the ideas in this piece make good sense. Not all of them may be applicable but most should be considered,
Judging by that, there's no danger of any reforms being adopted in America for the foreseeable future.

There's just no understanding on what is necessary.

The most probable reason for it is racism that lingered from after the Civil war.

To me it reads like a lefty wish list. It's not complicated. We need to keep known dangerous people and repeat offenders locked up, no matter what our incarceration rate is, even if it is 33%. No one should have a lengthy arrest records, not even for small crimes. Once people prove that their only goal in life is to be a career criminal, they should be locked up, permanently. Why should my home be broken into by a guy who has been arrested 10 times for breaking into homes? It's just ridiculous. And, homeless people who have no prospect of ever making their lives better, should all be institutionalized.

To me it reads like a lefty wish list. It's not complicated. We need to keep known dangerous people and repeat offenders locked up, no matter what our incarceration rate is, even if it is 33%. No one should have a lengthy arrest records, not even for small crimes. Once people prove that their only goal in life is to be a career criminal, they should be locked up, permanently.

How many times do we allow Trump to simply pay people off because he ripped them off?

Oddly people do not want to treat blue collar crime the same way we treat white collar crime.

Judge: Mr Jones, this court has convicted you of stealing $87 from the 7/11. We sentence you to a fine of $42.

To me it reads like a lefty wish list. It's not complicated. We need to keep known dangerous people and repeat offenders locked up, no matter what our incarceration rate is, even if it is 33%. No one should have a lengthy arrest records, not even for small crimes. Once people prove that their only goal in life is to be a career criminal, they should be locked up, permanently. Why should my home be broken into by a guy who has been arrested 10 times for breaking into homes? It's just ridiculous. And, homeless people who have no prospect of ever making their lives better, should all be institutionalized.

I read the list. Stuff sounds good to me. I don't see how you'd call that a "lefty wish list." We simply do not have the resources to lock everyone up who makes a mistake, or two, especially small stuff. Burglarizing a house is not small, but a shoplifter, even repeat, is not a threat to society. A threat to Wal Mart maybe.

Last edited:
I read the list. Stuff sounds good to me. I don't see how you'd call that a "lefty wish list." We simply do not have the resources to lock everyone up who makes a mistake, or two, especially small stuff. Burglarizing a house is not small, but a shoplifter, even repeat, is not a threat to society. A threat to Wal Mart maybe.
I never said we should lock everyone up who makes a mistake or two. I said we should lock up known dangerous people and career criminals as well as institutionalizing homeless people who have no hope of ever living on their own.

Not a lefty wish list, some of the ideas won't cost too much money, other parts of the list would,

Forum List

Back