Solar Power Stayed On as Hurricane Ian Knocked Lights Out Across Florida

We don't need to get rid of them completely.

Reduce yes but we can still keep fossil fuels in the mix

We do need to ramp up our use of next generation nuclear reactors
We do need to stop burning fossil fuels. Completely.

I installed solar hot water in 1979 for a large four bathroom house. Cut my utility bill in half... and still going strong.
That sounds like it could work, but it's doubtful that it cut your utility bill in half, uhhhh unless all you do is take showers, wash clothes, dishes, lay around in the hot tub, and wash your Bentley... ROTFLMBO.... Cut you utility bill in half bawahawahawahawhawahawhawahawa.

Go tell that to your Lefty friends, and maybe they'll believe you, oh wait you already done that.... lol

That sounds like it could work, but it's doubtful that it cut your utility bill in half, uhhhh unless all you do is take showers, wash clothes, dishes, lay around in the hot tub, and wash your Bentley... ROTFLMBO.... Cut you utility bill in half bawahawahawahawhawahawhawahawa.

Go tell that to your Lefty friends, and maybe they'll believe you, oh wait you already done that.... lol
On average, if you install a solar water heater, your water heating bills should drop 50%–80%. Also, because the sun is free, you're protected from future fuel shortages and price hikes. If you're building a new home or refinancing, the economics are even more attractive.

On average, if you install a solar water heater, your water heating bills should drop 50%–80%. Also, because the sun is free, you're protected from future fuel shortages and price hikes. If you're building a new home or refinancing, the economics are even more attractive.
Your water heating bill otherwise included into your overall bill, otherwise somehow subtracted from your over all electric bill if calculating in some kind of a separational way.

So one could say that their utility bill including everything is around $ 400.00 dollar's for the month, and so part of that being your water heating cost to you is say $20.00 of that utility bill in that month.

Ok, so you done the solar and cut that bill in half in which would be a savings of $ 10.00 dollar's on the overall. Hey every penny counts right ? :)

Your water heating bill otherwise included into your overall bill, otherwise somehow subtracted from your over all electric bill if calculating in some kind of a separational way.

So one could say that their utility bill including everything is around $ 400.00 dollar's for the month, and so part of that being your water heating cost to you is say $20.00 of that utility bill in that month.

Ok, so you done the solar and cut that bill in half in which would be a savings of $ 10.00 dollar's on the overall. Hey every penny counts right ? :)
After HVAC, depending on your local climate, your water heater is the biggest part of your electric bill. Solar water heaters pay for themselves in fairly short order. My personal preference is a batch-type: some sort of large container that gets passively heated and is simply inserted into the normal water heater intake line. So, the water heater is almost always fed water that's already hot. Saves lots of money and has no moving parts, no electronics, no thermostat, nothing.

After HVAC, depending on your local climate, your water heater is the biggest part of your electric bill. Solar water heaters pay for themselves in fairly short order. My personal preference is a batch-type: some sort of large container that gets passively heated and is simply inserted into the normal water heater intake line. So, the water heater is almost always fed water that's already hot. Saves lots of money and has no moving parts, no electronics, no thermostat, nothing.
Nothing wrong with any of that, but Fossil fuel is here to stay... Deal with it.

So did my generator

so 'splain the dif.....

~S~
Your generator will require refueling Cost each time you use it. Also can be Noisy and CO-dangerous depending on type.
Solar is for a decade or two and passive.
`

Last edited:
When it is December 22nd, the shortest day of the year and very cold, when the water goes outside to be warmed by said solar panel, how much heat is absorbed during the night? So when you wake up the next day your tank is nothing but freezing cold water? Or is there a electric/gas water heater inside your house just for those emergencies?

Yes we do, yes we do, yes we do. Nyah-na-na-naaaa-naaaaa.
Now that the Cricket has proven he is a teenager, i just put the minor on ignore. Tic tock, only a few more Marxists to the slave pen of ignore.

b2b644a3140e9a2215c7e8b1ef7954c1.jpg

Forum List

Back