Solar Power Destroys Miles and Miles of Desert

I think building a city or road in the desert is far more destructive. Should we do that, yes we should!

if you can get the city access to clean water or water period I'd agree! Better have damn good air conditioners and water fountains everywhere.
Solar can not be sustained without water. Yet somehow Solar is finding plenty of water in the desert, which according to you is a wasteland?

What word is desert short for? I say who gives a damn. You'll understand what I mean when you figure out that word.
As if you posted something so clever we need to think about your post, little high on your horse I say, get back to me when you figure that out, okay.

I don't see the need to really give a shit about a worthless piece of desert that is "deserted." I prefer land that is good for investment. I believe we can all agree the desert is wasteland.
Believing, knowing, and reality is much different.

If the desert is such a wasteland why is Solar energy dependent on Desert for growth?
If the desert is such a wasteland, why are Wind Turbines dependent on elements found in the Mojave desert?

Certainly Solar in the Desert is not a good investment.

Deserted? Hardly, I think you should actually get a little education about the desert before you dismiss it as useless. We could not build Wind Turbines without the Desert.

Just out of curiosity how many people live in the desert? How much investment property is there that's profitable? Keep in mind people aren't solar panels or wind Turbines. Btw... if solar is dependent on the desert for growth wouldn't it be a good investment? You contradicted yourself. better go back and edit.
How many people live in the desert? I am not sure, in California there are at least 22 million that live in the desert.
I contradicted myself, I never said Solar was a good investment, Solar is a negative investment requiring a constant source of money to be sustainable. Nice try, at twisting my comments.

In Arizona, Cotton is grown in the Desert, hardly a wasteland, as you describe.

How much investment property? Good question, I would say all of Southern California, except for of course the land the Government is giving to the special interest solar power companies.

When there is a drought in the main land, where do you think the deserts imported water will go? The the people in the desert or the people in the cities? The places where food is grown. Not cotton.

I think building a city or road in the desert is far more destructive. Should we do that, yes we should!

if you can get the city access to clean water or water period I'd agree! Better have damn good air conditioners and water fountains everywhere.
Solar can not be sustained without water. Yet somehow Solar is finding plenty of water in the desert, which according to you is a wasteland?

well
Nestlé is finding it and taking it no matter how rare it is to find on the surface.
Addicting Info 8211 8220 Stealing 8221 Water From Drought-Ridden California Desert Thanks Nestle.

Oh! and look at this,

11 trillion gallons needed to replace California water losses

You silly ass, why don't you just link us a credible source that states you need a lot of water for solar?

well
Nestlé is finding it and taking it no matter how rare it is to find on the surface.
Addicting Info 8211 8220 Stealing 8221 Water From Drought-Ridden California Desert Thanks Nestle.

Oh! and look at this,

Boy, you are all over the place with your post. Bit lost are you? From you link:

Do you see all of those cute bottles of Arrowhead

Arrowhead? That is not arrowhead as in an Indian's Bow and Arrow, that is Arrowhead as in Lake Arrowhead in the San Bernardino mountains.
So what is your point, you can Google but can not read and comprehend.

Either way, people drink water, and you have shown in the desert we have water, so your point that deserts are worthless wasteland is being disproved by your posts.

You silly ass, why don't you just link us a credible source that states you need a lot of water for solar?
Because anyone who knows solar and has read these threads now this as fact.

well

Oh! and look at this,

Boy, you are all over the place with your post. Bit lost are you? From you link:

Arrowhead? That is not arrowhead as in an Indian's Bow and Arrow, that is Arrowhead as in Lake Arrowhead in the San Bernardino mountains.

Either way, people drink water, and you have shown in the desert we have water, so your point that deserts are worthless wasteland is being disproved by your posts.

When your state is 11 trillion gallons of water short you have a pretty worthless state. Not to mention all that debt California has piled up to where they are headed for bankrupt, but we'll discuss that some other time.

Because anyone who knows solar and has read these threads now this as fact.

To be honest I don't believe anybody really gives a shit.

well

Oh! and look at this,

When your state is 11 trillion gallons of water short you have a pretty worthless state. Not to mention all that debt California has piled up to where they are headed for bankrupt, but we'll discuss that some other time.
You are confusing politics with reality, we are not short one drop of water. Hell, we just had 3 years of record grape harvests.

well

Oh! and look at this,

You are confusing politics with reality, we are not short one drop of water. Hell, we just had 3 years of record grape harvests.

are you on drugs or did you miss the helicopters flying inland with water and dropping it from above?

There's plenty of water on mars! Water on Mars - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Abundant water ice is also present beneath the permanent carbon dioxide ice cap at the Martian south pole and in the shallow subsurface at more temperate latitudes.[3][4][5][6] More than five million cubic kilometers of ice have been identified at or near the surface of modern Mars, enough to cover the whole planet to a depth of 35 meters.[7]

There's plenty of water on mars! Water on Mars - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Abundant water ice is also present beneath the permanent carbon dioxide ice cap at the Martian south pole and in the shallow subsurface at more temperate latitudes.[3][4][5][6] More than five million cubic kilometers of ice have been identified at or near the surface of modern Mars, enough to cover the whole planet to a depth of 35 meters.[7]

I wish we could fund NASA Mathew. Really I do. I'd get a PHD in mathematics and science and work for them. I'm their wet dream. I have a friend who also is a genius, but has
Asperger's Syndrome and one of the symptoms includes an obsession in a specific area or field of study such as math, weather or whatever. In his case it's astrology/science. He knows more about space than anybody I know. Also has the best memory of anyone I know except me. I consider him my equal in terms of smarts and knowledge. He went to school and got a phd in quantum mechanics. He could work for NASA right now.

well

Oh! and look at this,

are you on drugs or did you miss the helicopters flying inland with water and dropping it from above?
Nope, not on drugs, I simply recognize that when you incorrectly describe water in terms of gallons instead of acre feet, you simply do not know what your talking about.

Nope, not on drugs, I simply recognize that when you incorrectly describe water in terms of gallons instead of acre feet, you simply do not know what your talking about.

You are without question smoking something. This discussion is so ridiculous and finished by me.

You are without question smoking something. This discussion is so ridiculous and finished by me.
I should of forewarned you, you come in my threads, you best be ready to debate me, you best read your links, and damn well better make sure you know something more than your feelings.

I was disappointed when your posts were just a bit better than mattpew's and not even close to Old Crock's garbage. You fell right between dumb and dumber.

This discussion is so ridiculous and finished by me.

You are funny though, I think you meant to say: "This discussion is so ridiculous, its finished by me". What you stated is that you made this discussion ridiculous.

Last edited:

Mars? You lack focus. Let me help you, www.cleantechnia.com, they should do your thinking for you, trust me.

Okay, how about the Final Environmental Impact Statement from the World's Largest Solar Power Plant, Ivanpah. It is located in the Mojave desert. I will use the Bureau of Land Management and the actual EIS. Is that good or should I use your source Old Crock, wikipedia!

http://www.blm.gov/style/medialib/b...r.19048.File.dat/1-CDCA-Ivanpah-Final-EIS.pdf

The facilities would require a water source to support operations, including process water consisting of make-up water for the steam system and wash water for the heliostats, and potable water for domestic water needs. Groundwater would be supplied from one of two wells that would be constructed at the northwest corner of Ivanpah 1, just outside the perimeter fence but within the construction logistics area. Each of the three power blocks would be connected to the groundwater wells by underground water pipelines. The applicant estimates project water consumption would not exceed a maximum of 100 acre-feet per year for all three solar plants combined, which would primarily be used to provide water for washing heliostats (mirrors) and to replace boiler feed water blow-down. The quality of groundwater would be improved using a treatment system for meeting the requirements of the boiler make-up and mirror wash water. Water treatment equipment would consist of activated carbon filters, de-ionization media, and a mixed-bed polisher. Each power plant would have a 250,000 gallon raw water storage tank. Approximately 100,000 gallons would be usable for plant process needs and 150,000 gallons would be reserved for fire protection. Demineralized water would be stored in a 25,000-gallon demineralized water storage tank. Boiler feedwater make-up water would be stored in another 25,000-gallon tank. Fire Protection The fire protection system would be designed to protect personnel and limit property loss and plant downtime in the event of a fire. The primary source of fire protection water would be the 250,000 gallon raw

Damn, Ivanpah requires two wells and its own water treatment facility which is being powered by electricity supplied by Fossil Fuel.

Old Crock, I am going to start calling you, "Strawberry" (low hanging fruit).

I should of forewarned you, you come in my threads, you best be ready to debate me, you best read your links, and damn well better make sure you know something more than your feelings.

I was disappointed when your posts were just a bit better than mattpew's and not even close to Old Crock's garbage. You fell right between dumb and dumber.

This discussion is so ridiculous and finished by me.

You are funny though, I think you meant to say: "This discussion is so ridiculous, its finished by me". What you stated is that you made this discussion ridiculous.

What's funny is I made your thread completely worthless with my first post. Too easy. The rest were just added fun. btw.. you know this to be true, because you ended up stalking me in other threads with your pissy attitude. Lighten up. Quit being so stubborn. When you are wrong you are wrong. Just accept it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back