Solar Panels Useless above 85 Degree F.

Making solar the number One user of coal,
LINK?
And even if so it increases efficiency and decreases emissions to do so.
The more the merrier!
While Renewables are exploding coal use is stagnant/scraping the bottom here.

Billions of tons of coal will be used to manufacture 22,000 square miles solar panels.....
Asked and answered TWICE you Dishonest POS.
Again:
"22,000" is only if we used Solar ALONE, No wind, no Nuke, no, Fossil fuels.
Dishonest POS repeats his loss.
I explained on the last page it's probably only "10,000" max without other renewables (Wind etc) on the last page!!
and that's for 100% renewable replacement which I also do not think is possible. Also explained here.
What a Dishonest POS you are.
`

Last edited:
They work but at a diminished capacity. A solar panel field that loses 30% (or more) of its potential output in the heat of day is not a good thing. Now if we could just get them to work at night.... LOL

A solar panel field that loses 30% (or more) of its potential output in the heat of day is not a good thing

30%? At what temperature?

False/Lie.
LINK?
I have several threads Refuting that on This very page you lying POS.
85% of New Power generation in 2021 was Renewables. Up from 2/3 on 2016 because it is cheaper without subsidies.
The number one adder, Tripling California? TEXAS.
You are an Obvious Blatant Liar not touching many threads in this section refuting that.
`.
You are confirming everything I said.

If all that new power is renewables, and those renewables are 1000's of times bigger than everything else being built, than renewables being manufactured by heavy industry dependent on coal are now the number one user of coal.

Tp save the world you must destroy the world.

Yes, renewables are the number one heavy industry burning coal

LINK?
And even if so it increases efficiency and decreases emissions to do so.
The more the merrier!
While Renewables are exploding coal use is stagnant/scraping the bottom here.
Link? You told us that solar is the largest heavy industry in the world!

all your links state renewables are being manufactured at a record pace, that there is nothing bigger in the world

Why do you think renewables cost half a trillion dollars this year? It is because you need so many to do so little.

Your idea of efficient is backwards

You are confirming everything I said.

If all that new power is renewables, and those renewables are 1000's of times bigger than everything else being built, than renewables being manufactured by heavy industry dependent on coal are now the number one user of coal.

Tp save the world you must destroy the world.

Yes, renewables are the number one heavy industry burning coal
So you're an Ongoing FRAUD ..... as every day.
You have NO Backing for your Claim: (post #99)
""Making solar the number One user of coal.""

GONE!
You pathetic Lying POS.
`

Last edited:
Billions of tons of coal will be used to manufacture 22,000 square miles solar panels.....
Asked and answered TWICE you Dishonest POS.
Again:
"22,000" is only if we used Solar ALONE, No wind, no Nuke, no, Fossil fuels.
Dishonest POS repeats his loss.
I explained on the last page it's probably only "10,000" max without other renewables (Wind etc) on the last page!!
and that's for 100% renewable replacement which I also do not think is possible. Also explained here.
What a Dishonest POS you are.

`

Link? You told us that solar is the largest heavy industry in the world!

all your links state renewables are being manufactured at a record pace, that there is nothing bigger in the world

Why do you think renewables cost half a trillion dollars this year? It is because you need so many to do so little.

Your idea of efficient is backwards
LYING MFer!
""You told us that Solar is the Largest Heavy Industry in the world!

Where did I say That! %*(&%$ ?
What a F****** LIAR.
You're Deluded.
Resign you FRAUD.

It's Your claim that as no backing and you pulled from your @ss I outed above.

`

Last edited:
So you're an Ongoing FRAUD ..... as every day.
You have NO Backing for your Claim: (post #99)
""Making solar the number One user of coal.""

GONE!
You pathetic Lying POS.
`
How can solar not be the number one user of coal?

You youreslf said at a minimum it will requure at least 22,000 square miles.

What will be bigger? Nothing, you made all the posts showing us solar construction is # 1.

Now after proving that solar manufacturing has over taken and surpassed everything else you are going to claim it did that magically? Not using any natural resources.

You cant have it both ways.

And you being mr links a lot, i am sure you already looked and cant find a link showing any different

Half a trillion dollars, that buys a huge amount of heavy industry using coal to build your dream. Coal and Solar, cant have solar without coal.

LYING MFer!
""You told us that Solar is the Largest Heavy Industry in the world!

Where did I say That! %*(&%$ ?
What a F****** LIAR.
You're Deluded.
Resign you FRAUD.

It's Your claim that as no backing and you pulled from your @ss I outed above.

`
You showed us the links were nothing is being built more than solar.

Are you that naive. You stated and proved renewables are the largest industry in the world. Largest uses the most.

You showed us the links were nothing is being built more than solar.

Are you that naive. You stated and proved renewables are the largest industry in the world. Largest uses the most.
Ms Elektra, are you under the impression that ANYONE thinks you have a valid criticism here? Everyone here knows you're just playing a stupid game of semantic whack-a-mole.

Ms Elektra, are you under the impression that ANYONE thinks you have a valid criticism here? Everyone here knows you're just playing a stupid game of semantic whack-a-mole.
Crick, our last exchange left you silent, nothing but crickets.

Maybe you can explain how the largest heavy industry, in the world, green renewables does not use the most coal.

The original OP article headline and commentary was WRONG & VERY MISLEADING — and a correction was made by the publisher on August 9th. See below:

CORRECTION, Aug. 9, 2022: This headline and commentary as published exaggerate the facts. Our fifth and sixth paragraphs, taken together, indicate that, even at record-setting temperatures, solar panels continued to perform at better than 90% efficiency. While one could argue that a less-than-10% drop in efficiency might represent the “Stunning Failure” we claimed in our headline, it certainly did not render solar panels “useless” as we claimed in the third paragraph and our claim that they were “severely negatively impacted” in the fourth paragraph is questionable, as well. In reality, the data show that solar panels became marginally less efficient for a brief period of record-setting heat that may or may not ever repeat itself.

Solar Panels Suffer Stunning Failure as Weather Becomes 'Too Hot' for Them to Handle

The original OP article headline and commentary was WRONG & VERY MISLEADING — and a correction was made by the publisher on August 9th. See below:

CORRECTION, Aug. 9, 2022: This headline and commentary as published exaggerate the facts. Our fifth and sixth paragraphs, taken together, indicate that, even at record-setting temperatures, solar panels continued to perform at better than 90% efficiency. While one could argue that a less-than-10% drop in efficiency might represent the “Stunning Failure” we claimed in our headline, it certainly did not render solar panels “useless” as we claimed in the third paragraph and our claim that they were “severely negatively impacted” in the fourth paragraph is questionable, as well. In reality, the data show that solar panels became marginally less efficient for a brief period of record-setting heat that may or may not ever repeat itself.

Solar Panels Suffer Stunning Failure as Weather Becomes 'Too Hot' for Them to Handle
Thx, but my identical correctionS on the top of page 3 already exists with the addition that even the correction is A wild Exaggeration from a CONSPIRACY website. As well as 2 posts explaining what the loss actually is.
Thx Again tho.
Even at 113F the lost is only 5.8%

Billy Bob and elektra are refuted Crackpots and GROTESQUE LIARS.
`

Thx, but my identical correctionS on the top of page 3 already exists with the addition that even the correction is A wild Exaggeration from a CONSPIRACY website. As well as 2 posts explaining what the loss actually is.
Thx Again tho.
Even at 113F the lost is only 5.8%

Billy Bob and elektra are refuted Crackpots and GROTESQUE LIARS.
`
Abu afk, The largest heavy industry in the world (green renewable energy) uses the most coal.

MIT confirms the reduced electricity output of solar cells as they get hot. Whick makes sense considering the failure rate of solar panels in the geat and under heavy load.

MIT has not retracted thier redearch

The Impact of Global Warming on Silicon PV Energy Yield in 2100​

Ian Marius Peters, Tonio Buonassisi

Screenshot_20220926_161708.jpg

So elektra STILL Has NO ANSWER/LINK for his claim/LIE.
Changing claims/lies in every post, about what he said, AND about what I said.
He's a Sociopathic LIAR.

He's an Ongoing FRAUD.
He has NO Backing/Link for his Claim: (post #99)
elektra:""Making solar the number One user of coal.""

GONE!
You pathetic Lying POS.
`

Last edited:
So elektra STILL Has NO ANSWER/LINK for his claim/LIE.
Changing claims/lies in every post, about what he said, AND about what I said.
He's a Sociopathic LIAR.

He's an Ongoing FRAUD.
He has NO Backing/Link for his Claim: (post #99)
elektra:""Making solar the number One user of coal.""

GONE!
You pathetic Lying POS.
`
SiO 2 + 2 C → Si + 2 CO

It really is all about common sense. abu afk, it is you who stated that the solar needed will require 1000's of square miles of land from at least four states.

You simply can not fathom the amount of raw materials, the renewable heavy industry must process to cover that much earth.

Nothing manufactured will be bigger. Nothing in the world will be bigger. Renewable's Heavy Industry is the largest industry the world has ever known. It is really a golden time for the stock market, trading all those raw materials by the millions of ton.

You got what you wanted, Renewables, now we all, including yourself, are paying the price. From the price of food to the price of a house to everything you buy. We all now pay more because of all the spending on the Renewable Heavy Industry

PanelBrandTemp. CoefficientRated Max Output
X21-350-BLKSunPower-0.29%/°C350W
HIT N330Panasonic-0.26%/°C330W
CS6K-300Canadian Solar−0.39%/°C300W
TSM-PEG5-285Trina Solar−0.41%/°C285W
Q.PEAK-G5 310Hanwha−0.39%/°C310W
For example, let’s say you have the Sunpower module and the solar cell temperature is measured at 45 degrees C. That’s 20 degrees C above STC. To find how much the power output will decrease, you multiple the 20 degrees C difference by the -0.29% temperature coefficient. That gives you a 5.8% drop in the module's power output.

That means when the panels’ temperature is 45 degrees C, the maximum power output of the module will fall to 329.7 watts, instead of 350 watts, meaning, your panels will still produce enough energy to power your home.

Forum List

Back