Wait....when it is too hot, solar panels do not work efficiently? But...isn't being in the sun their selling point? The left..get it wrong again....

Which position do you speak of,

You said the sun shines and the wind blows 24/7, that is not true. What you posted here has nothing to do with the comment I asked for a clarification of.

Let me know which position you missed or did not understand wgen I replied.
Any of them.
BTW
It's daylight here.
It's dark in China.

You've not supported ANY of your positions.
Till you do you're, as I'm sure is always the case, on the losing side.

Any of them.
BTW
It's daylight here.
It's dark in China.

You've not supported ANY of your positions.
Till you do you're, as I'm sure is always the case, on the losing side.
you wont answer, because you do not want the answer, I have given you the answers, but here you are, trolling trolling trolling, spamming the thread

dadolex is really a great idiot, he/she throws out the stupidest comments and then is caught trying to deflect away from he/she's stupidity.

I love the idea of spending trillions of dollars to import solar from the other side of the planet.

Dumbest idea on USMB in a while, and that's saying something.

you wont answer, because you do not want the answer, I have given you the answers, but here you are, trolling trolling trolling, spamming the thread
Please give me the post ## where you posted ANYTHING supporting your position that wind and solar energy produces more pollution than fossil fuels.

It should be simple so it should fall right into your wheelhouse.

You want me to post data that shows the US doesn't generate any solar power at night?
Don't be stupid, as if that were possible.
Post information in support of the idiotic proposition that solar and wind power produce more pollution than fossil fuels.

Post information in support of the idiotic proposition that solar and wind power produce more pollution than fossil fuels.
I stated that wind and solar increase the use of fossil fuels. Your memory is really not that sharp.

That's not my proposition.

Post information in support of the idiotic proposition that solar and wind power can be economically shipped across oceans to the US.

That's not my proposition.

Post information in support of the idiotic proposition that solar and wind power can be economically shipped across oceans to the US.
Sure it is.
Both you and your sock puppet.
Time for you to prove that Solar and Wind use more fossil fuels in creating electricity than fossil fuels do.
Good luck with that socky.

Sure it is.
Both you and your sock puppet.
Time for you to prove that Solar and Wind use more fossil fuels in creating electricity than fossil fuels do.
Good luck with that socky.

I don't give a shit how much material is wasted to build your more expensive, less reliable
"green" energy boondoggle.

Let me know when it becomes cost efficient to ship solar electricity
from China to the US.

The biggest stuff being manufactured today does increase the use of fossil fuels.

Takes a hard headed moron not to admit that.

Thesis? Building big and more consumes more than building small.

Common sense
Your ignorance is blinding.

It got a little hot in Britain......and because it got hot, their solar panels seem to have stopped working as efficiently?

<snip>
You use them when they do not fail until that part of the day when you turn them off.

You keep working on improving them.

And 2aguy did not do well in school. He emotes, does not think.

The biggest stuff being manufactured today does increase the use of fossil fuels.

How much do wind turbines weigh?​

In the GE 1.5-megawatt model, the nacelle alone weighs more than 56 tons, the blade assembly weighs more than 36 tons, and the tower itself weighs about 71 tons — a total weight of 164 tons. The corresponding weights for the Vestas V90 are 75, 40, and 152, total 267 tons; and for the Gamesa G87 72, 42, and 220, total 334 tons.

o A very large wind turbine weighs 334 tons

o
An aircraft carrier weighs over 100,000 tons (or 220,462,280 pounds!). The airplanes they land there typically weigh 32,080 pounds each. The 6,000 people on an aircraft carrier weigh a total of about 900,000 pounds.
chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://www.navalaviationmuseum.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Aircraft-Carrier-Teachers-Guide.pdf

Did you catch that third sentence. The people onboard an aircraft carrier weigh more than a big-ass wind turbine.

o These shipping economies have produced the largest ships in the world, appropriately named supertankers and have two classes—very large crude carriers (VLCC) of a size range from 160,000 to 320,000 dead weight tons (dwt) and ultra large crude carriers (ULCC) of a size range from 320,000 to 550,000 dwt.

o So: How much do buildings weigh? A typical house might weigh 70 tons and stand 25 feet high. The Empire State Building is 50 times higher so it should weigh 50 times as much -- around 3500 tons, right? Wrong. It weighs 350,000 tons!

o Weight of the Golden Gate Bridge, excluding anchorages and approaches, and including the suspended structure, main towers, piers and fenders, bottom lateral system and orthotropic redecking (1986) is 419,800 tons (380,800,000 kg *).

o In 2022, 85.4 million motor vehicles were produced around the world, an increase of 5.7% compared to 2021. In this infographic you will find the number of motor vehicles produced in 2021 and 2022, per world region.
According to EPA's (Environmental Protection Agency) data, the average weight of an automobile in 2022 was around 4,094 pounds, which is only a slight increase compared to 2018's 4,000 pounds.
85,400,000 x 4,094 = 349,627,600,000 lbs or 174,813,800 tons

How could you possibly have made that ridiculous claim; that wind turbines and solar farms are the biggest things being built on the planet, as many times as you've made it, WITHOUT CHECKING???

Takes a hard headed moron not to admit that.

Thesis? Building big and more consumes more than building small.

Common sense

That's not how I'd characterize it, you fucking hard headed moron.

Forum List

Back