Solar Panels Useless above 85 Degree F.

You and the ldiot Billy_Bob are so GD Stoooopid it's unbelievable.
You MAGAt HACKS need to resign for your stupidity.
This thread is a Giant embarrassment in which a LOL 'Physicist' made an obviously (to a teenager) False claim from a Conspiracy website/article.
100% FALSE claim that Solar panels are "Useless" above 85 degrees!!!
What a F***ing moron!
Like they don't use panels in hot areas! DOH!

You continue you LOW IQ Political CLOWN.

It so easy these days too. You STOOPID MFer!

How much do farmers get paid to host wind turbines?

https://www.windustry.org › how_much_do_farmers_get...
Wind lease terms vary quite a bit, but general rules of thumb are: $4,000 to $8,000 per turbine, $3,000 to $4,000 per megawatt of capacity, or 2-4% of gross revenues. Larger turbines should translate to larger payments.

Wind energy gives American farmers a new crop ... - USA Today

https://www.usatoday.com › news › nation › 2020/02/16
Feb 16, 2020 — Wind energy is cheap and growing. The phrase "wind farm" is confusing because wind farms don't look much like farms, or even traditional power ...

How Much Money Does a Farmer Make for a Wind Turbine?

https://sciencing.com › Science › Physics › Energy
Jan 9, 2018 — A farmer would earn $10,000 from a two-megawatt turbine with a $5,000 per megawatt per year payment. Wind turbine contracts are very long term ...

For Ohio farmers, wind turbine revenue helps take the sting ...

https://energynews.us › 2019/10/31 › for-ohio-farmers-...
Oct 31, 2019 — Overall, wind farms in Ohio pay an estimated $1 million to $5 million a year to landowners, said spokesperson Evan Vaughan at the American Wind ...

'The sound of money': Wind energy is booming in deep-red ...

‘The sound of money’: Wind energy is Booming in deep-Red Republican states​

https://abc17news.com › cnn-us-politics › 2022/04/22
Apr 22, 2022 — The Traverse wind farm is made up of 356 turbines — each rising about 300 feet above the ground and spread out across 220,000 acres. The ...

`
Nice links but not one of them addresses the OP.

Yes, you point out that the democrats really dont care if people eat, all across our nation, farmland is being destroyed to provide a trickle of electricity.

The industrialization of our farmland, massive wind towers, nowhere will we be able to go and see an unobstructed view of the country.

Progress, no my friend, this reverting back to a time when democrats could care less about our environment.

Destroying the earth, to save the earth.

Nice links but not one of them addresses the OP.

Yes, you point out that the democrats really dont care if people eat, all across our nation, farmland is being destroyed to provide a trickle of electricity.

The industrialization of our farmland, massive wind towers, nowhere will we be able to go and see an unobstructed view of the country.

Progress, no my friend, this reverting back to a time when democrats could care less about our environment.

Destroying the earth, to save the earth.
The OP, and you, have already been destroyed by ME at the top page 3 with Multiple posts/citations/Links.
Unanswered/Untouched by the OP. STFU.
He's finished in this embarrassing OP-CT Joke of a thread. I'm sure he wishes he never started it
About his third claim in a row I've Destroyed.

My last post another that deals with the farm land issue. (and soon to be an OP of it's own)
Renewables are a BOON to farmers too.
Solar, OTOH, is best in always sunny Arid land or on already covered rooftops.
Or we can put them or windmills on top of Coal Mines, Oil well fields, Refineries, Pipelines, Roof tops, etc
And No destructive fracking either.

IAC there's PLENTY Of ROOM for renewables to power the country without destroying farmland or anything else.
Fossil Fuels OTOH are slowly killing the planet, and it's emissions killing thousands of people in this country alone every year.

You Clown #2.
bye

Last edited:
I’m sure that is part of the attraction but I also feel solar panels still work at temperatures above 85°. The power companies are building vast solar farms in Florida. It is often 85° and higher on many spring, summer and fall days in Florida and even during the summer.

Florida​

Duke Energy 'All-In' On Solar Power. New Florida Solar Farms Will Install 3-Millionth Solar Panel​

Posted July 23, 2021 05:30 am
Ariel photo of Duke Energy's Columbia County solar farm, with headline: Duke Energy solar farm in Columbia County. Duke's One Millionth solar panel is here.'s Columbia County solar farm, with headline: Duke Energy solar farm in Columbia County. Duke's One Millionth solar panel is here.

Photo: Duke Energy | Columbia County Observer Graphic
ST. PETERSBURG, FL – On Wednesday, July 21, Duke Energy Florida announced the locations of its four newest solar power plants - the latest move in the company’s program to expand its renewable generation portfolio.

Columbia Cnty's Econ. Dev. Dir.
Glenn Hunter
:

"Columbia County understands the value of renewable green energy and tries to attract green industries.

We are happy that we were the home of Duke's millionth solar panel and are part of its “Smarter Energy Future.”

We are glad to be part of the program which looks to preserve the County's and Florida’s unique environment."

Melissa Seixas: Duke Energy's Florida State President's Florida State President
Duke Energy Florida state president Melissa Seixas said, “We continue investing in utility-scale solar in Florida because our customers deserve a cleaner energy future. These solar plants are the latest milestones in our strategy to deliver reliable, cost-effective, clean energy to our customers.”

Duke Energy Florida plans to invest an estimated $1 billion in 10 new solar power plants across Florida, including the four sites announced today.

Construction on the four sites will begin in early 2022 and will take approximately 9 to 12 months to complete. Construction of all 10 sites is projected to be finished by late 2024.

Combined, the plants will produce about 750 megawatts (MW) of new, cost-effective solar power.
They work but at a diminished capacity. A solar panel field that loses 30% (or more) of its potential output in the heat of day is not a good thing. Now if we could just get them to work at night.... LOL

Or we can put them or windmills on top of Coal Mines, Oil well fields, Refineries, Pipelines, Roof tops, etc
And No destructive fracking either.

IAC there's PLENTY Of ROOM for renewables t

Fossil Fuels OTOH are slowly killing the planet, and it's emissions killing thousands of people in this country alone every year.

You Clown #2.
bye
if fossil fuels are killing the planet, why do you support increasing the use of fossil fuels to be used in Heavy Industry that build the fake green renewable energy sources.

if you put windmills and sloar farms on top of coal mines and oil fields where will you get oil and coal to keep the heavy industry manufacturing wind and solar farms, forever.

If we dont have to put wind turbines and farmland on farms, why did you just post half a dozen links showing we are doing exactly that.

It is clear, Democrats dont care about feeding people, destroying the earth, using more oil, or lessening our use of gossil fuels.

They work but at a diminished capacity. A solar panel field that loses 30% (or more) of its potential output in the heat of day is not a good thing. Now if we could just get them to work at night.... LOL
So I guess Florida will have to put up 30% more solar panels because it is rare not to be around or alive 85° During the day except in the winter. Day time in Florida means AC on.

In the panhandle right now it is 86° with a predicted high of 90°.

We need a way to store power from the solar panels for the night.

So I guess Florida will have to put up 30% more solar panels because it is rare not to be around or alive 85° During the day except in the winter. Day time in Florida means AC on.

In the panhandle right now it is 86° with a predicted high of 90°.

We need a way to store power from the solar panels for the night.
Why not use nuclear power that doesnt destroy 100's of square miles of land. Nuclear power is also extremely cheap and is 100,000 xs more efficient.

Why not use nuclear power that doesnt destroy 100's of square miles of land. Nuclear power is also extremely cheap and is 100,000 xs more efficient.
Large nuclear plants could be a target for an enemy to strike as we are seeing in the Ukraine today.

Smaller reactors could quite possibly power a town or city.

1664055348080.jpeg

Large nuclear plants could be a target for an enemy to strike as we are seeing in the Ukraine today.

Smaller reactors could quite possibly power a town or city.

View attachment 701062
True, but if we built new ones, instead of stickin with the last century's technology that would pretty safe

if fossil fuels are killing the planet, why do you support increasing the use of fossil fuels to be used in Heavy Industry that build the fake green renewable energy sources.

if you put windmills and sloar farms on top of coal mines and oil fields where will you get oil and coal to keep the heavy industry manufacturing wind and solar farms, forever.

If we dont have to put wind turbines and farmland on farms, why did you just post half a dozen links showing we are doing exactly that.

It is clear, Democrats dont care about feeding people, destroying the earth, using more oil, or lessening our use of gossil fuels.
Because Coal plants don't only make solar panels, and in fact it's only a Tiny percent of their business.
And ONE coal plant could probably produce at least enough panels for 20 Solar plants in a year. (that last 20 years each).
Thereby dramatically reducing the need for not only coal, but other Fossil Fuel polluters and their generation.

Common sense for anyone with a 3 digit IQ. Obviously not brainwashed MAGAts.
Me? I'm a financial professional.

`

Last edited:
They work but at a diminished capacity. A solar panel field that Loses 30% (or More) of its potential output in the heat of day is not a good thing. Now if we could just get them to work at night.... LOL
Billy Bob is a Grotesque Liar/deceiver. Repeats a knowing refuted LIE! (unless he's Psychotic/Psychotic and a liar.)
Unbelievably DISHONEST.
"30%" is down from "Useless but Still a HUGE LIE.
Again:

"...For example, let’s say you have the Sunpower module and the solar cell temperature is measured at 45 degrees C. (113 F) That’s 20 degrees C above STC. To find how much the power output will decrease, you multiple the 20 degrees C difference by the -0.29% temperature coefficient.​
That gives you a 5.8% drop in the module's power output.
That means when the panels’ temperature is 45 degrees C, (113 F) the maximum power output of the module will fall to 329.7 watts, instead of 350 watts, Meaning, your Panels will Still Produce enough Energy to Power your Home...
` - - -

As we see in desert settings like the USA Southwest and Middle East, and a lot in the South/Florida as well where the panels regularly roast well over 100F.
`

Last edited:
Because Coal plants don't only make solar panels, and in fact it's only a Tiny percent of their business.
And ONE coal plant could probably produce at least enough panels for 20 Solar plants in a year. (that last 20 years each).
Thereby dramatically reducing the need for not only coal, but other Fossil Fuel polluters and their generation.

Common sense for anyone with a 3 digit IQ. Obviously not a brainwashed MAGAt like you.
Except the green energy industry is now the largest user of coal

As you said, 22,000 square miles of panels. Nothing in the world is as big, green energy is now the worlds largest user of coal, it takes billions of tons of coal to build green energy.

Except the green energy industry is now the largest user of coal

As you said, 22,000 square miles of panels. Nothing in the world is as big, green energy is now the worlds largest user of coal, it takes billions of tons of coal to build green energy.
Which still, doesn't make it a majority or anywhere near it.
And it Would/WILL/IS still replacing Coal and other Fossil Fuels in good degree, (I Opined to reach at least 50-60%)

"22,000" sq miles would be Solar Only not combined with Wind which is going crazy.
Go ahead, keep mixing and matching.
10,000 sq miles would be a 100m x 100m site.
Split among the '4 corner states' alone? Very small.

Math is my thing, not yours.
I'm in the STEM party. I arrive at my positions by quantitative, logical, or factually demonstrable means, and there are always links for the correct math. Lots.
You're a RW politico.
`

Last edited:
And it Would/WILL/IS still replacing Coal and other Fossil Fuels in good degree, (I Opined to reach at least 50-60%)

"22,000" sq miles would be Solar Only not combined with Wind which is going crazy.

I'm in the STEM party. I arrive at my positions by quantitative, logical, or factually demonstrable means, and there are always links for the correct math. Lots.
You're a RW politico.
`
Making solar the number one user of coal,

Billions of tons of coal will be used to manufacture 22,000 square miles solar panels.

Then of course you demand storage so it works at night, 44,000 sq mi

Capacity factor must be considered, 200,000 square miles.

But even if we use your low balled figures, solar is now the number one heavy industry using coal

Common sense for anyone with a 3 digit IQ. Obviously not brainwashed MAGAts.

`
Except they only generate electricity intermittently. How you going to fix that?

You're a RW politico.
`
Making solar the number one user of coal,
Billions of tons of coal will be used to manufacture 22,000 square miles solar panels.
Then of course you demand storage so it works at night, 44,000 sq mi
Capacity factor must be considered, 200,000 square miles.
But even if we use your low balled figures, solar is now the number one heavy industry using coal

the uses with all the links, the answers, the mouth could not offer a reply to my post?

More subsidies, look, after the democrats spend $100 trillion dollars it will work.
False/Lie.
LINK?
I have several threads Refuting that on This very page you lying POS.
85% of New Power generation in 2021 was Renewables. Up from 2/3 on 2016 because it is cheaper without subsidies.
The number one adder, Tripling California? TEXAS.
You are an Obvious Blatant Liar not touching many threads in this section refuting that.
`.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back