Solar is the best overall energy source by far.

China has a short-term strategy that's part of a larger long-term strategy.

We are at a disadvantage in that our presidential cycles prevent real long-term planning. China, on the other hand, plans decades into the future. They are not only pushing hard with coal and nuclear power but every other form also. Wind, solar, hydropower. They displaced over a million people to build the Three Gorge Dam. Satellite photos have shown that it might be failing.

The Three Gorges Dam is the world's largest capacity hydroelectric power station with 34 generators: 32 main generators, each with a capacity of 700 MW, and two plant power generators, each with a capacity of 50 MW, making a total capacity of 22,500 MW.

By far nuclear power is the most reliable, efficient, and cleanest form of energy we have today. China has more being built and in planning than the rest of the world combined.
Stagtistically and historically nuclear power is also the safest. More people have died falling off of ladders while repairing wind turbines than have died due to nuclear power in the US.

If their current solar farm is SO good, why don't they just sell the plans to any country that wants to convert to solar? Easier and cheaper that way.

Converting the Sahara is a nice idea, but the cost to constantly replace solar panels on a daily basis from sand storm damage is heinously inefficient. Sand storms can easily strip anything in a matter of seconds, or "eat" it up and turn it into "Swiss Cheese".

And I would think, if the USA wanted such overwhelming energy for it's citizens, it would have put up solar farms in the deserts here and at the North Pole, where it's pretty much daytime, all the time.

They also always forget to mention that even at the current pace, we'll run out of uranium in about 200 years.

How cost-effective will it be for future generations to have to
maintain these dead reactors to prevent meltdowns ?
How does something, dead meltdown?

We will run out of what? What type of Uranium? You need to be specific.

We will also run out of the elements to make solar panels. We will run out of coal and oil which is used to make solar panels.

Your idea that running out of something should be applied to solar panels. They are a waste of our resources.

How does something, dead meltdown?

We will run out of what? What type of Uranium? You need to be specific.

We will also run out of the elements to make solar panels. We will run out of coal and oil which is used to make solar panels.

Your idea that running out of something should be applied to solar panels. They are a waste of our resources.
You don't know what solar panels of the future will be made of , any more than I could tell you about salt fusion or gyro energy, but save the one- sided fossil fuel talking points for the Sunday school kids.

You don't know what solar panels of the future will be made of , any more than I could tell you about salt fusion or gyro energy, but save the one- sided fossil fuel talking points for the Sunday school kids.
Using your argument is for Sunday school kids?

How many tons of coal and oil are used to make a square foot of solar panel. If you can't answer that question without searching Google, you have no idea if solar is good or bad.

The democrats will use all our natural resources chasing dreams that are already proven failures.

Denial, you can't champion solar power without being in denial.

for Sunday school
Now I'm a Democrat, because I asked you to prove that geothermal is the most expensive form of energy on the planet as you claimed ?

That's pretty intuitive for a snarky dweeb like you. Of course what would I know, having only been a member of usmb for 3 years, all my prior knowledge is questionable right?

Now I'm a Democrat, because I asked you to prove that geothermal is the most expensive form of energy on the planet as you claimed ?

That's pretty intuitive for a snarky dweeb like you. Of course what would I know, having only been a member of usmb for 3 years, all my prior knowledge is questionable right?
Certainly you know nothing when it comes to geothermal. Have you asked me to prove? Google is now the almighty arbitrator of knowledge and if Google does not link to it, what I say is not true?

You said geothermal is cheap, prove what you stated. You are asking others for proof. So start with your favorite geothermal plant. List the companies involved. Show us how much the spent.

You do have a favorite geothermal plant? Yes?

We're making a giant magnifying glass 10 times more powerful than all the nuclear plants ever built. If you say that in a room full of energy company CEOs all their head will explode.
Only if you actually build it and point it at them.

Only if you actually build it and point it at them.
I'm investing in gyro-energy ...powered by cats.
tenor (1).gif

Last edited:
I was going to answer you but trampolining is on now....... I have to go watch.:hyper:

Chinese dude killing it !
Do I wanna know why you're watching "Chinese dudes" trampolining?

Is that some sorta euphemism or slang for something?

Do I wanna know why you're watching "Chinese dudes" trampolining?

Is that some sorta euphemism or slang for something?
Oh you mean like if there was an underlying agenda I had in mind and Olympic trampolining competition wasn't really on and I just made it up to distract from the conversation ?

No I was just watching it because I had never seen it before.

It is pretty interesting that in the whole time I've been watching the Olympics so far in Tokyo Japan there has been no mention of High-Speed Rail or Tokyo having the fastest trains in the world or anything like that..... none.

I believe that's called The Art of propaganda without using propaganda. The powers-that-be don't want America to realize we've turned into a third-world shithole...

Of course Los Angeles got the 2028 Olympics-- maybe they'll have High-Speed Rail by then.
Lol.....Didn't Tokyo already have it when they hosted the 1964 Olympics ?

Oh you mean like if there was an underlying agenda I had in mind and Olympic trampolining competition wasn't really on and I just made it up to distract from the conversation ?

No I was just watching it because I had never seen it before.
Trampolining in the Olympics?

I had no idea.

Forum List

Back