Socialized Medicine and Ungodly Expensive Drugs

And who can afford a Tesla again? People with money. Poor people aren't buying them. Certainly, when they were first released that was the case. I don't think the average American was buying the original Tesla Roadster.

Poor people do not die because they have to drive a Ford.

Poor people do not die because they have to drive a Ford.
Again, that doesn't change the economics. People have always and will continue to live longer better lives based on their individual economic success or that of their family. What's the point of being economically successful if there are no benefits of doing so?

Again, that doesn't change the economics. People have always and will continue to live longer better lives based on their individual economic success or that of their family. What's the point of being economically successful if there are no benefits of doing so?

I already addressed this......

"You, go off and die as all you ever did in life was install flooring".

I dismiss that as how what is supposed to be the greatest country in the world should operate.

I dismiss that as how what is supposed to be the greatest country in the world should operate.
It's really hard to argue with that. There is something deeply broken with our capitalist healthcare system, that does not provide for all Americans.

Which country or society does not reward those who are successful? Why would anyone do the work required to be successful if there were not some beneficial advantage to doing so? While there may be some small sliver of people who might do it purely for the act of doing it or for the "benefit of mankind" there arent and never will be nearly enough of those people to make the world go.

So you go on living in your rainbows and unicorn farts world if you want I guess.

Which country or society does not reward those who are successful?

All other first world countries cover all with health care.

Why would anyone do the work required to be successful if there were not some beneficial advantage to doing so? While there may be some small sliver of people who might do it purely for the act of doing it or for the "benefit of mankind" there arent and never will be nearly enough of those people to make the world go.

So you go on living in your rainbows and unicorn farts world if you want I guess.

If you can buy three houses, great, but we should not tell anyone "go off and die, those over there are more important than you".

It's really hard to argue with that. There is something deeply broken with our capitalist healthcare system, that does not provide for all Americans.

As I said before if you're fine with the current state of the medical advancement and ability then by all means lets take the profit out of it. Everyone currently will likely get better care, but no one in the future will have care thats much better than what we have now, and it's likely we will go backward.

If you can buy three houses, great, but we should not tell anyone "go off and die, those over there are more important than you".

No they dont. You've been bitching and moaning for the last 3 pages about how the US doesnt.

BTW if you dont think the rich people in those countries get better health care than the poor people your dumber than I thought.

All other .

This is why I dismiss those who pretend we are a Christian nation.
WTF does that have to do with this discussion. Also I was speaking about all the countries that have socialized medicine. Those countries have medicine for the rich and medicine for everyone else. If you dont think that's true you're fooling yourself. The King of England, and Richard Branson arent treated the same at the hospital as the average Brit.

WTF does that have to do with this discussion. Also I was speaking about all the countries that have socialized medicine. Those countries have medicine for the rich and medicine for everyone else. If you dont think that's true you're fooling yourself. The King of England, and Richard Branson arent treated the same at the hospital as the average Brit.

I get it, Shareholder value is more important to you than people's lives. Hard workers can die so you can get the 40 foot boat instead of the 24 foot one.

Screenshot_20230108_095933_9GAG.jpg

As I said before if you're fine with the current state of the medical advancement and ability then by all means lets take the profit out of it. Everyone currently will likely get better care, but no one in the future will have care thats much better than what we have now, and it's likely we will go backward.
That's not true. Providing healthcare for all will not lessen "medical advancement and ability", you are trying to imply that limiting healthcare somehow makes it better for all, which it doesn't. As long as the government has no say in healthcare, there is no way to limit these ridiculous costs of capitalism run amok. The U.S. healthcare model is the poster child of capitalism run amok.

I get it, Shareholder value is more important to you than people's lives. Hard workers can die so you can get the 40 foot boat instead of the 24 foot one.
That’s not what I’m saying. At all. I’m just existing in the real world. In the real world the vast vast majority of the medical innovations happen where? The US. Why? All these 1st world countries have their awesome socialized medicine with all the government backing and yet here in the evil US is where all the advancements that those countries take advantage of happens. Why is that?

"While there are many opinions about our nation's health care system (particularly in Washington), there's one overwhelming area of consensus -- the United States leads the world in medical innovation.
In addition to the best and brightest practicing medicine and state-of-art medical facilities, we have benefited from having the best and, usually, the earliest access to the latest medical technologies and innovations. In large part, this is because they were discovered, developed and produced here in America."

"There is a myriad of reasons for why the country that leads the world in medical innovation is the U.S. Europe and Canada have historically lagged due to their health care payment systems. Systems like theirs, where healthcare is largely funded by government and statutory insurance funds, tend to promote cost savings over innovation without the financial benefits of free-market systems. "

Of almost 3,000 articles published in biomedical research in 2009, 1,169, or 40%, came from the United States. As the line graph below demonstrates (that’s the number of publications on the Y axis, and the year of publication on the X axis), the output of every other single country in the world is dwarfed by what America produces. The closest contender is Great Britain, which comes in at about 300 articles. (Per the comments below, I'm waiting for more explanation of these numbers.)

most-innovative-biomedicine1.jpg

So castigate your system all you want but the next time you need cutting edge medical advancements to save your life get down on your knees and thank God for it.

That's not true. Providing healthcare for all will not lessen "medical advancement and ability", you are trying to imply that limiting healthcare somehow makes it better for all, which it doesn't. As long as the government has no say in healthcare, there is no way to limit these ridiculous costs of capitalism run amok. The U.S. healthcare model is the poster child of capitalism run amok.

No dumbass that's not what Im saying at all.

People need to eat healthy, exercise and take better care of their bodies so they won't need prescription meds.

That’s not what I’m saying. At all. I’m just existing in the real world. In the real world the vast vast majority of the medical innovations happen where? The US. Why? All these 1st world countries have their awesome socialized medicine with all the government backing and yet here in the evil US is where all the advancements that those countries take advantage of happens. Why is that?

"While there are many opinions about our nation's health care system (particularly in Washington), there's one overwhelming area of consensus -- the United States leads the world in medical innovation.
In addition to the best and brightest practicing medicine and state-of-art medical facilities, we have benefited from having the best and, usually, the earliest access to the latest medical technologies and innovations. In large part, this is because they were discovered, developed and produced here in America."

"There is a myriad of reasons for why the country that leads the world in medical innovation is the U.S. Europe and Canada have historically lagged due to their health care payment systems. Systems like theirs, where healthcare is largely funded by government and statutory insurance funds, tend to promote cost savings over innovation without the financial benefits of free-market systems. "

Of almost 3,000 articles published in biomedical research in 2009, 1,169, or 40%, came from the United States. As the line graph below demonstrates (that’s the number of publications on the Y axis, and the year of publication on the X axis), the output of every other single country in the world is dwarfed by what America produces. The closest contender is Great Britain, which comes in at about 300 articles. (Per the comments below, I'm waiting for more explanation of these numbers.)

most-innovative-biomedicine1.jpg

So castigate your system all you want but the next time you need cutting edge medical advancements to save your life get down on your knees and thank God for it.

Systems like theirs, where healthcare is largely funded by government and statutory insurance funds, tend to promote cost savings over innovation without the financial benefits of free-market systems. "

There are no such systems so one can not argue they are the best. These systems do not exist.

Systems like theirs, where healthcare is largely funded by government and statutory insurance funds, tend to promote cost savings over innovation without the financial benefits of free-market systems. "

There are no such systems so one can not argue they are the best. These systems do not exist.

That's fine. Who's generating all the medical innovation? Socialized medicine or what we have?

Forum List

Back