I have long Covid, and at least 1 in 5 of you will also.

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
Everything in America is about politics.
Most people have never even heard of "long Covid" - yet the New England Journal of Medicine has called it "the next Pandemic" and it could be worse than Covid 19. The CDC, on their own website, estimates that by the end of 2023 - 1 in 5 adults will have Long Covid.
The Social Security Administration, in November, listed Long Covid as an approved condition where people can get on disability.
The American government is prepared for this coming threat. But the American media, and elected officials are saying nothing.
What is long Covid? --- >

Let me tell you how bad it sucks.
I have been sick since Nov. 9th. This weekend will mark 8 weeks.
Long Covid means you will get sick at specific intervals (different for everyone) and it will last for an indefinite amount of time. There are people who have suffered with Long Covid for over a year.
For me, I have had a bad cough, sinus troubles, burning throat and mouth with inflammation burns on my tongue. Energy levels low, brain fog which can get serious. Sometimes I cannot concentrate. Just can't think clearly. Oxygen levels lingering in the low 90s. Basically I get pretty bad sick every 4 weeks, with it taking close to 3 to feel somewhat normal again.

But of course. The American media is nearly silent on this. Why" Because 3 of the 39 studies currently underway on this condition have found that those who had the vaccine are worse than those who have not taken it.

I suggest everyone reading this, to inform yourself by reading about this condition that for some reason your government and the media prefers you stay dumb about.

Note to Mods. Don't move this thread, like that last one to conspiracy.
Every link here is from legitimate sources, indeed, the most legitimate health sources in the world.
This is not a damn conspiracy thread.
People nee dto be informed and aware of what is happening as RIGHT NOW - millions are getting Long Covid and America is months and months behind Europe in diagnosing and treatment.

Seems like "Long Covid'' is strategic short speak for none of the crap worked against it and I still catch it.
No
Read the article.
Long Covid is not the virus. I have no virus in me.
Long Covid is caused by protein spikes in your pulmonary system that causes irritation and inflammation throughout your lungs/bronchial tubes and sinuses. As well as, well documented, having effects on patients brains. Causing temporary "brain fog"
It is not the virus.
It is a protein spike caused by the virus, and early studies have shown that the vaccine may be making the protein spikes worse.

Seems like "Long Covid'' is strategic short speak for none of the crap worked against it and you can still catch it, but we don't wanna just come right out and say it, so we change the name of the condition instead.
the worst of it is the fatigue.....
nope, like you stated, our own gub'mit acknowledges it

If folks just don't want to accept it, it's on them

~S~

I thought I had long Covid after my DW gave me COVID last summer. We both tested positive. Of course we weren’t foolish enough to ever take the faux vax. We got over most symptoms in about two weeks, but cough and fatigue lingered for several months. Now we’re both fully recovered. We took lots of C and other supplements.

So hang in there OP.

Most people have never even heard of "long Covid" - yet the New England Journal of Medicine has called it "the next Pandemic" and it could be worse than Covid 19. The CDC, on their own website, estimates that by the end of 2023 - 1 in 5 adults will have Long Covid.
The Social Security Administration, in November, listed Long Covid as an approved condition where people can get on disability.
The American government is prepared for this coming threat. But the American media, and elected officials are saying nothing.

Long Covid means you will get sick at specific intervals (different for everyone) and it will last for an indefinite amount of time. There are people who have suffered with Long Covid for over a year.
For me, I have had a bad cough, sinus troubles, burning throat and mouth with inflammation burns on my tongue. Energy levels low, brain fog which can get serious. Sometimes I cannot concentrate. Just can't think clearly. Oxygen levels lingering in the low 90s. Basically I get pretty bad sick every 4 weeks, with it taking close to 3 to feel somewhat normal again.

But of course. The American media is nearly silent on this. Why" Because 3 of the 39 studies currently underway on this condition have found that those who had the vaccine are worse than those who have not taken it.

I suggest everyone reading this, to inform yourself by reading about this condition that for some reason your government and the media prefers you stay dumb about.

Every link here is from legitimate sources, indeed, the most legitimate health sources in the world.
People nee dto be informed and aware of what is happening as RIGHT NOW - millions are getting Long Covid and America is months and months behind Europe in diagnosing and treatment.
Sounds a lot like being 68, a 48 year smoker, who spent a lot of time climbing in and out Tanks and high impact exercise for a living in all kinds of weather and conditions.
Is that why it talks about people under 65, because at my age, you just can't tell the difference?
I think I'll say "hell with it" and just go skiing.

That sucks. Did you get the jab?

I thought I had long Covid after my DW gave me COVID last summer. We both tested positive. Of course we weren’t foolish enough to ever take the faux vax. We got over most symptoms in about two weeks, but cough and fatigue lingered for several months. Now we’re both fully recovered. We took lots of C and other supplements.

So hang in there OP.
I am very fearful that it will progress,
The 2nd round was worse than the first for sure.
The first round I was damn sick for about 48 hours early November. It took about 3 weeks to get past the bad VERY productive coughing and sleeplessness.
Round two hit December 23rd. Bad sick for again 48 hours, with worsening sore throat, enormous fluid build up and several times of weird dizzying lapse of clear thinking ability. I am just now getting over the 2nd round.
What if the 3rd round is worse again? What is this constant inflammation doing to my lungs?
Is this brain fogging going to go away?
No one has the answers to those questions.
One hopeful study by John Hopkins is that early signs are showing that people who recovered totally from long Covid - the lung tissue is apparently repairing itself similar to how it repairs itself after smoking.

Another annoying aspect is I keep having a metallic taste in my mouth that won't go away.
Apparently this is caused by a protein the body releases in response to inflammation.
Friggin annoying.

Have you had ANY of the vaccines ?
Yes. Moderna - the first two.
I had no boosters, and never will.
I got them because my 80 (now 82) year old mother lives in our basement.
Otherwise I probably wouldn't have. Early on I pretty much figured that if my Mom got Covid it would certainly kill her. We did all of her shopping etc. for her for almost a year. She went no where for a long time.

Sounds a lot like being 68, a 48 year smoker, who spent a lot of time climbing in and out Tanks and high impact exercise for a living in all kinds of weather and conditions.
Is that why it talks about people under 65, because at my age, you just can't tell the difference?
I think I'll say "hell with it" and just go skiing.
After forty years of masonry work you have the same symptoms.

Otherwise I probably wouldn't have. Early on I pretty much figured that if my Mom got Covid it would certainly kill her. We did all of her shopping etc. for her for almost a year. She went no where for a long time.

I'm sorry you're not feeling well. There ARE things you can take that will help clear out your system. Are you taking vitamin C, D, and Zinc just as a starter?

I am very fearful that it will progress,
The 2nd round was worse than the first for sure.
The first round I was damn sick for about 48 hours early November. It took about 3 weeks to get past the bad VERY productive coughing and sleeplessness.
Round two hit December 23rd. Bad sick for again 48 hours, with worsening sore throat, enormous fluid build up and several times of weird dizzying lapse of clear thinking ability. I am just now getting over the 2nd round.
What if the 3rd round is worse again? What is this constant inflammation doing to my lungs?
Is this brain fogging going to go away?
No one has the answers to those questions.
One hopeful study by John Hopkins is that early signs are showing that people who recovered totally from long Covid - the lung tissue is apparently repairing itself similar to how it repairs itself after smoking.

So wait. You got Covid Nov 9th and tested positive again on Dec 23rd? Not long Covid--actually caught it again?

When were you vaccinated?

I got COVID on Dec of 2019 it was just like when I got SARs in the 1990s, my COVID did not completely clear until I gotz the COVID vaxx from Moderna, after that I cleared up and got better.

Understood.
It would seem reasonable that other life choice might also have significance on how well your immune system works.
We don't know your life medical history but things such as being a smoker and working in jobs that compromise your lungs etc could also be factors?

I had covid back in November and it was pretty bad. About as bad as any other flu I've ever had. It was really bad as you describe for about three weeks then began to clear up. It took about 5 weeks to feel pretty much normal again. I have not had any jabs that I have consented to or know of.

Here's hoping you fully recover soon.

Seems like "Long Covid'' is strategic short speak for none of the crap worked against it and you can still catch it, but we don't wanna just come right out and say it, so we change the name of the condition instead.
the worst of it is the fatigue.....

I've never had it, so can't speak for complications. Will have to just take your word for it.

So wait. You got Covid Nov 9th and tested positive again on Dec 23rd? Not long Covid--actually caught it again?

When were you vaccinated?
Please read the articles. This is the aggravating thing about, myself, learning about the condition.
It is not the virus.
EVERYONE who has had Covid any point the past few years can get Long Covid. EVERYONE.
It is not the virus in you. It is a protein spike, for reasons they do not yet know, is being caused by having had Covid. Early studies are suggesting that the patients who had taken the vaccines are worse than those who did not.
I am not contagious. ---->

I test negative because I do not have Covid.
I have Covid Long. A secondary condition caused by having had Covid.
Bonzi and I had Covid November of 2020.

i hopefully had short covid...but right after that i got the flu...the metallic taste is with the meds we took....that was the worse

hope you get lots better soon....

fyi before yall ask...i think 5 shots total

I got COVID on Dec of 2019 it was just like when I got SARs in the 1990s, my COVID did not completely clear until I gotz the COVID vaxx from Moderna, after that I cleared up and got better.
You got in on the ground floor, too. That was back before any new drug treatments, warnings or precautions, or vaccines, before it was known to already be here. I was right behind you in Jan of 2020.

Forum List

Back