So why isn't there more hype about the hole in the ozone being fixed?

The ozone hole is a different matter to global warming.
There's a lot of confusion in this thread.

Lot of confusion that all that expensive refrigerant adjustment fixed anything also... I've got 3 diff HVAC systems in my home and they've become LESS dependable and a LOT more expensive...

But you're correct. There is a minor connection to climate. But in general, only the HYSTERIA is what they have in common...

:113:
Banning CFCs wasn't intended to make HVACs more dependable.
My understanding is that the ozone layer has at least stabilised since CFCs were reduced.
I'm reliably informed that that's a good thing.

And you don't see it as a problem that it made them LESS dependable??
My understanding is that the ozone layer has at least stabilised since CFCs were reduced.
I'm reliably informed that that's a good thing

Maybe not reliably informed... Because after 22 or 26 years, there's no indication of any repair.. And that 3mm layer is not that protected or static... EVEN the scientists BEHIND the theory aren't sure why that is....

Maybe not reliably informed... Because after 22 or 26 years, there's no indication of any repair.. And that 3mm layer is not that protected or static... EVEN the scientists BEHIND the theory aren't sure why that is....
I see it as a problem if you think that keeping them dependable was the first priority.
The intention was to stop more of us from getting skin cancer and cataracts.
But...you're right...it's a shame that it inconveniences you.
Maybe you should lobby to get CFCs re-instated.

Even though CFCs persist for decades there is indication of repair of the ozone, and scientists aren't baffled about it.

I see it as a problem if you think that keeping them dependable was the first priority.
The intention was to stop more of us from getting skin cancer and cataracts.
But...you're right...it's a shame that it inconveniences you.
Maybe you should lobby to get CFCs re-instated.

Even though CFCs persist for decades there is indication of repair of the ozone, and scientists aren't baffled about it.

CFC's are in the several parts per BILLION, in contrast to natural airborne Chlorine in the hundreds parts per Million. CFC's are a minor player in a small time frame each year, as long as the Sun shines, there will be some O3 production every second.

Edit:

From an old thread about Ozone scam, where FlaCalTenn posted a chart showing that despite the huge drop in CFC's consumption over the years, there is no corresponding improvement to the O3 "hole" size.

LINK

=======

Second Edit:

Here is a LINK to my post # 8, that is filled with links going to sources about this topic in general.

LINK

Last edited:

Forum List

Back