So, who is stocking their shelves?

There is this straw-like thingy I saw on amazon...you can sip water from any source and not have to boil it first. I need to get one of those things.

I watch a lot of those tv shows about survival stuff. Who knows? A major earthquake could hit us (I'm in Cali) and my stockpile will come in handy. Or wyo, where yellowstone is rumbling since its sitting on top of a volcano. Wyo folks needs to prep too, lol.

Best investment ever is my Berkey Light. I could filter scummy pond water and make it potable.

When I go to the quackter, it's always high. Last time I was there (last week) he asked why its so high. Duh. Gee. I wonder. Its cuz I'm sitting in a doctors office which i hate doing, and knowing Im going to be harassed about not getting the jab, told to stop smoking and in general finger waggled. If that doc ever smiled, his face would crack and fall off. I do NOT like him, but I had no choice since my regular doctor quit because they told her she would be fired if she was not jabbed and she said NO WAY was she going to inject poison in her body. So they put me with MrSmiley (sarcasm). However, I have an appt with another new doc in another location in January. Female. Which is what I wanted.

I don't care how many years a male doctor goes to school to BE a doctor..he will NEVER EVER know what its like to be a woman or how HER body functions. Ever.
I go to a local clinic where there is one doctor and a nurse practitioner. I never knew before but the difference between the two is a doctor has surgical training and the NP does not. I always thought they were just a glorified nurse. Anyway this one I see is a young woman, conservative, friendly, and seems to care about her patients. A year ago she wanted me to get blood work and I told her no, I didn't want to and she asked why and I told her. I said that every time I had blood work no one EVER called to tell me what the results were, and I didn't know how to read the results. Every time I have had it done no one calls. She assured me that if I had it done she would call and tell me what the results were. So I had it done and sure enough, she called! Yay! All was good, like it always is.

So this last time I went (all I go for is to renew my bp meds) the NP was off and I saw the doc, a youngish female. She told me I needed to get blood work done and I told her I didn't want to and why. Instead of telling me she would call and tell me the results, she just made excuses for why they didn't call. Lol, I told her no. And yet every two weeks I get a letter from them with the paper work to take to the hospital for blood work, even though I call them and tell them I don't want it. All they care about is bleeding my ins. And I've seen the proof of that. Three years ago I didn't have ins and was sick and had to go to the doctor, and went to another clinic. I told them I didn't have ins and asked how much a standard office visit was. She said 60.00. So fast forward a year and I go back there with ins and office visit is 125.00. I get my wife to call and pretend she has no ins and they tell her it's 60 dollars to come in. Thieves.

Last edited:
Welp...I have been up since 3am and it's now 5:30am...I think Imma gonna try for a bit of shuteye.

Be back later. Thanks for participating in my thread and keep it going! Share what you are doing and maybe some advice we can all use.

:bigbed:

I watch a lot of those tv shows about survival stuff. Who knows? A major earthquake could hit us (I'm in Cali) and my stockpile will come in handy. Or wyo, where yellowstone is rumbling since its sitting on top of a volcano. Wyo folks needs to prep too, lol.
Don't watch any shows about a coronal mass ejection then, it will scare you. Several have hit the Earth and it's not good. A huge one happened in 1859 and the only thing that saved us was there were hardly any electronics. Also a nuke exploded high enough above will cause a massive emp which would take out a lot of electronic stuff.

dried beans and rice..easy to store and complete proteins...takes heat and water....water is always a problem as it is hard to store enough..

we have a stocked pantry and freezer...i keep about 3 to 4 months food...for us and the critters...right now i am waiting on a 3 month haul that i will do before winter...i will get stock up on... i use sam's club or walmart (hangs head in shame)

you cant eat ammo...i always love this idea that one can fight off others with ammo...takes a wee bit more to secure ones home and property than ammo
This would not be happening because of your vote, simple as the nipple on your left tit

Thanks for fucking this whole country up in the time it takes to squirt out a kid if it didn't get aborted first

MMMMM........." Rice and Beans tonight Honey??????........... We might have to eat them dry the wind isn't blowing so the stove won't work"

You guys know I always try to look for sumpin positive with any disaster

Road kill will never have to be picked up. That will cut down on meat usage for a better planet

So I take it you don't have any ammunition, right?

Guess where those roving bands of violent hungry criminals will be eating dinner?
Good thing turkey and deer season are coming up. Good timing with empty shelfs and 12 buck steaks

Feel there is going to be a lot of feathers and fur dander flying about

Not a road kill in sight neither. Nothing wasted, greener planet

Yep 81 mil votes....yep.....yep.....yep.....................................

I bought a quarter of beef from a South Dakota farmer as soon as I got here and a couple dozen chickens from the Hutterites a few miles from where I live. I'll go and get some pork and more chickens from the colony, until my freezer is jammed full. Got tons of freeze dried and dehydrated fruits and vegetables. Potato flakes, canned goat milk, lots of baking stuff. Freeze dried butter and eggs. I think I'm set.

Good thing turkey and deer season are coming up. Good timing with empty shelfs and 12 buck steaks

Feel there is going to be a lot of feathers and fur dander flying about

Not a road kill in sight neither. Nothing wasted, greener planet

Yep 81 mil votes....yep.....yep.....yep.....................................
Wait until the leftist dirt bags try to ban hunting.

Not stockpiling anything. Considering toilet paper because all the scalpers that bought it all up last time but other than that nothing.
I don't see any signs of our nation being on the precipice of total collapse so I'm good.
More worried about raw construction materials right now.
I can easily change my diet but many work items are a must

Meeeeeeeeee! Can't afford the kits like the military uses, so I am buying in bulk non perishable foods, powdered milk, beans, rice, meats, soups, etc. And water. Lots of cases of water. NOTHING where it says "microwave dinner" like mac and cheese in a cup, etc. What if the power rolls in and out (that will be next)? No...I want stuff that you open it and can eat it just as it is, gross though it may be if not heated. So with that in mind, I bought a little camp stove and a case of sterno

Winter is coming, to borrow the phrase from Game of Thrones...so blankets too. Sherpa blankets. No power, no heat. No gas stove to use either to stay warm. For some idiotic reason, low income senior housing ALWAYS has electic stoves. Duh. So frickin expensive..more than gas stoves. Idiots. Anyway......who else is stockpiling and what are you buying?

(psssst...don't forget the ammo)
Himself never forgets the ammo ----------------------

Me, I canned THREE shelves of meat meals this past summer (we have a big garden for the veg). Major stockup on beans and rice and flour. Generators and gas supplies. We're in pretty good shape. We have a cast-iron stove for heat and cooking if necessary, and a well. Buckets of water around (lids on, old laundry deterg. buckets) for toilet flushing at need. Good idea of yours to stock up on cases of water. The freezers are full of meat and meals.

I am not confident of supplies being available as within the last two weeks supplies have started collapsing around here. It's not desperate yet at all, but it's weird to see empty shelves in the stores.

Not stockpiling anything. Considering toilet paper because all the scalpers that bought it all up last time but other than that nothing.
I don't see any signs of our nation being on the precipice of total collapse so I'm good.
More worried about raw construction materials right now.
I can easily change my diet but many work items are a must
I think you should look again. Look at all the truckers retiring, all the people being forced to quit, Fuel prices going higher and higher. Grocery stores running low on things. Trucks supply us with fuel and food. Truckers retiring or quiting over this vaccine bullshit. Fuel prices higher and higher.

New Topics

Forum List

Back