So, who is stocking their shelves?

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
Meeeeeeeeee! Can't afford the kits like the military uses, so I am buying in bulk non perishable foods, powdered milk, beans, rice, meats, soups, etc. And water. Lots of cases of water. NOTHING where it says "microwave dinner" like mac and cheese in a cup, etc. What if the power rolls in and out (that will be next)? No...I want stuff that you open it and can eat it just as it is, gross though it may be if not heated. So with that in mind, I bought a little camp stove and a case of sterno

Winter is coming, to borrow the phrase from Game of Thrones...so blankets too. Sherpa blankets. No power, no heat. No gas stove to use either to stay warm. For some idiotic reason, low income senior housing ALWAYS has electic stoves. Duh. So frickin expensive..more than gas stoves. Idiots. Anyway......who else is stockpiling and what are you buying?

(psssst...don't forget the ammo)

dried beans and rice..easy to store and complete proteins...takes heat and water....water is always a problem as it is hard to store enough..

we have a stocked pantry and freezer...i keep about 3 to 4 months food...for us and the critters...right now i am waiting on a 3 month haul that i will do before winter...i will get stock up on... i use sam's club or walmart (hangs head in shame)

you cant eat ammo...i always love this idea that one can fight off others with ammo...takes a wee bit more to secure ones home and property than ammo

dried beans and rice..easy to store and complete proteins...takes heat and water....water is always a problem as it is hard to store enough..

we have a stocked pantry and freezer...i keep about 3 to 4 months food...for us and the critters...right now i am waiting on a 3 month haul that i will do before winter...i will get stock up on... i use sam's club or walmart (hangs head in shame)

you cant eat ammo...i always love this idea that one can fight off others with ammo...takes a wee bit more to secure ones home and property than ammo

So I take it you don't have any ammunition, right?

Guess where those roving bands of violent hungry criminals will be eating dinner?

o i have ammo...i am not counting on it to discourage mobs for long...plus i have a little more faith in mankind...and this country i am not pos unamerican trumper who has to predict the sky is falling to feel better ...yall kill me....a 6 day gas shortage and yall lose it....never would have made it thru the 70s when it last for 6 months...toughfen up butter cups..most of you wont make it 3 days without starbucks but get on here and puff puff puff

Meeeeeeeeee! Can't afford the kits like the military uses, so I am buying in bulk non perishable foods, powdered milk, beans, rice, meats, soups, etc. And water. Lots of cases of water. NOTHING where it says "microwave dinner" like mac and cheese in a cup, etc. What if the power rolls in and out (that will be next)? No...I want stuff that you open it and can eat it just as it is, gross though it may be if not heated. So with that in mind, I bought a little camp stove and a case of sterno

Winter is coming, to borrow the phrase from Game of Thrones...so blankets too. Sherpa blankets. No power, no heat. No gas stove to use either to stay warm. For some idiotic reason, low income senior housing ALWAYS has electic stoves. Duh. So frickin expensive..more than gas stoves. Idiots. Anyway......who else is stockpiling and what are you buying?

(psssst...don't forget the ammo)

Let me guess. You are expecting some Democrat Armageddon.

It makes sense to have contingency plans.
It makes much more sense to not discuss them publicly.

I agree. Having a plan to die should be kept to one's self. :auiqs.jpg:

Let me rephrase that: Having a contingent plan to be eaten by zombies is not something you want to tell everyone.

You guys and girls used to give us shit about our preoccupation with "zombies" but I'm telling you, they are real: They brazenly walk into drug stores, and walk out with armloads full of drugs, and nobody even tries to stop them. Entire gangs of them sweep through stores, helping themselves to anything they want.

The worst part of it is, they're also sitting in high political offices, even the office of the Presidency. You've never noticed how Biden shuffles around and mumbles to himself? I'm telling you, he himself is one of those walking undead creatures we call "zombies."

Last edited:
There are 99 units in this complex. 96 of them are single men or women. The other three are couples. Majority in their 80's, younger ones in wheel chairs. I do a LOT of running.....to rx to get meds....to doctors....to the market. I bought a walker but so far have not used it. And they know it. :p
So guess who is either hanging a picture, driving to appts, fetching meds etc for a lot of these folks? Yep. Me. I'm not TOO worried about power outage..we are on the same section as the hospital across the street so when it does go out, it isn't for long. They have a generator...and so do we. But when the power DOES go out even for just half an hour, extension cords are run from the hallways to those who are on oxygen. Power is shut off in all apts except the hallways (generator).

Anyway....if food is scarce, many are on food delivery from different groups that supply it. But many also are not. Therefore..."just in case", I want enough for my floor at least. I'm on the 6th floor. Talks have been ongoing about a few people on each floor stockpiling to take care of those on that particular floor. And in case of a horrid emergency, helping people down the frigging stairs since the elevators will be defunct.

So now I am hoarding food. Just in case. And not just for me and MrG either.

I buy what I am able.
I work from paycheck to paycheck, and I have a lot of medical bills right now. So I buy what I'm able.
I have a box of canned food, instant food, and cereals.

I do get a bit of extra money the end of October. So I can buy some extra TP, tissues, and some more instant and canned foods.

Realistically, it's not food thats being halted, it's all that garbage from China. Most stores are warning they aren't getting the usual amount of Christmas crap for decorations and such this year. It's mainly just crap thats being deflected and sitting there, not anything regarding basic needs.

I would expect the worst of the hoarding from morons being in November and December, seeing as they are holiday months. IF it happens. But if everybody bought their normal usage quantities, nobody will go without. It's always the idiot hoarders that make things difficult for everybody.

A rain barrel and a good water filter. Some pop can stoves and about five gallons of fuel for them.

Oh, and living in a very well armed neighborhood.

Oh, and 80% of us have guns. We live in a dangerous neighborhood with homeless crazies banging on the doors, sometimes naked, or shitting outside the sensored walls in the bushes or right on the sidewalk. One poor lady was walking her little dog outside the brick high walls and a pit came dashing across the street from the homeless shelter and tore it in half. And I couldn't count the number of veterans we have here. They, too, are packing. More than one gun, too.

Go outside those walls at night for any reason, you BETTER be packing. Two down on the 1st floor have been complaining of homeless hopping the wrought iron fence and tapping on their windows. One is a veteran. He said he now just opens the blinds with his flashlight and shows his gun. The tapping stops and a lot of cussing comes from the other side as the assholes hightail it back over the fence.

Don't underestimate veterans and old people. We may be decrepit, but we can still shoot.

A rain barrel and a good water filter. Some pop can stoves and about five gallons of fuel for them.

Can't store fuel here. Against the rules. But I think sterno will be ok and a small camp stove. Just big enough to boil water or heat up a can of raviolis or something. Only thing that REALLY concerns me is if the water shuts off from earthquake or fire or whatever. No pump. Being on 6th floor. Then again, if there is a flood...all those below me will be up here in the nose bleed section, lol.

Can't store fuel here. Against the rules. But I think sterno will be ok and a small camp stove. Just big enough to boil water or heat up a can of raviolis or something. Only thing that REALLY concerns me is if the water shuts off from earthquake or fire or whatever. No pump. Being on 6th floor. Then again, if there is a flood...all those below me will be up here in the nose bleed section, lol.
I feel you. I felt so vulnerable on the fifth floor of an apartment building. Sterno is good in a pinch. Can you keep a bottle of rubbing alcohol? 95% isopropyl alcohol works in a pop can stove, as does Everclear, if you live in a state that lets you have the higher proof version. Rougier Rubbing Alcohol Compound 95%

Oh, and 80% of us have guns. We live in a dangerous neighborhood with homeless crazies banging on the doors, sometimes naked, or shitting outside the sensored walls in the bushes or right on the sidewalk. One poor lady was walking her little dog outside the brick high walls and a pit came dashing across the street from the homeless shelter and tore it in half. And I couldn't count the number of veterans we have here. They, too, are packing. More than one gun, too.

Go outside those walls at night for any reason, you BETTER be packing. Two down on the 1st floor have been complaining of homeless hopping the wrought iron fence and tapping on their windows. One is a veteran. He said he now just opens the blinds with his flashlight and shows his gun. The tapping stops and a lot of cussing comes from the other side as the assholes hightail it back over the fence.

Don't underestimate veterans and old people. We may be decrepit, but we can still shoot.
I'm 67 and in my first firearms instruction session, a little over a year ago, about half of my shots with a Ruger SR 22 were very probable kill shots.

Last edited:
I just turned 69 and I can shoot the head off a fireplace long match with a 22 rifle. I'm also good with a bow and arrow.

I don't plan to shoot anyone, but I WILL protect me and mine..and my neighbors if need be. Most scumbags tend to avoid those who are armed even though they are armed as well. Tis best to harass the weak, the elderly and unarmed folks...less possible damage to their scummy selves.

Forum List

Back