So, who is stocking their shelves?

Smart man. Another important thing to have -- a month or two of medications! I'm so lucky I don't need meds.
I've been forgetting to take my HBP pills and thyroid pills lately. Funny thing though is....I forgot two days in a row, took my blood pressure with my wrist cuff..and it was lower than its ever been.

Meeeeeeeeee! Can't afford the kits like the military uses, so I am buying in bulk non perishable foods, powdered milk, beans, rice, meats, soups, etc. And water. Lots of cases of water. NOTHING where it says "microwave dinner" like mac and cheese in a cup, etc. What if the power rolls in and out (that will be next)? No...I want stuff that you open it and can eat it just as it is, gross though it may be if not heated. So with that in mind, I bought a little camp stove and a case of sterno

Winter is coming, to borrow the phrase from Game of Thrones...so blankets too. Sherpa blankets. No power, no heat. No gas stove to use either to stay warm. For some idiotic reason, low income senior housing ALWAYS has electic stoves. Duh. So frickin expensive..more than gas stoves. Idiots. Anyway......who else is stockpiling and what are you buying?

(psssst...don't forget the ammo)
I never have less than two weeks supplies here in town and the family farm can be self sustaining if needed.

Why are you only doing this now?

Nowadays, younger folks have no clue how to drive a stick shift. Or what a payphone is. Their fancy little cars will stop on a dime if a satillite goes bonkers but the older cars, like us old fogies, will keep on truckin', lol.

And this diaper hoarding. They are crying because they can't get pampers. Um....too good to use cloth diapers like we all did before the invention of pampers? No no..they have to look at the baby poo, clean the cloth, use a clothes line if no power and MIGHT break a nail as their noses are assaulted with the poo.

I've been forgetting to take my HBP pills and thyroid pills lately. Funny thing though is....I forgot two days in a row, took my blood pressure with my wrist cuff..and it was lower than its ever been.
Two things:

Get the BP independently verified

Go see you Dr for medication adjustments. Don't wanna take anything you don't need.

Does that say something to you?

And this diaper hoarding. They are crying because they can't get pampers. Um....too good to use cloth diapers like we all did before the invention of pampers? No no..they have to look at the baby poo, clean the cloth, use a clothes line if no power and MIGHT break a nail as their noses are assaulted with the poo.
I remember washing diapers. Never had my own kids but had younger sibs and nieces and nephews.

I survived it.

I always worry my machine is wrong because I get various readings all the time, some of them high, and yet when I go to the quackter it's always normal.

I have been stocked for a while. We have enough put aside for several months. I think it's funny when these dumbass leftists laugh at people who prepare for emergencies. They shall reap what they sow.
I think I'm ready for about 6 months. And yep, we are the ones who will survive.

I always worry my machine is wrong because I get various readings all the time, some of them high, and yet when I go to the quackter it's always normal.
Machines are often wrong, human ears not so much. Get Mrs. mike to learn how to read a real blood pressure. It's not hard.

Can't believe that some nursing schools don't even teach students to actually read a blood pressure!

When I go to the quackter, it's always high. Last time I was there (last week) he asked why its so high. Duh. Gee. I wonder. Its cuz I'm sitting in a doctors office which i hate doing, and knowing Im going to be harassed about not getting the jab, told to stop smoking and in general finger waggled. If that doc ever smiled, his face would crack and fall off. I do NOT like him, but I had no choice since my regular doctor quit because they told her she would be fired if she was not jabbed and she said NO WAY was she going to inject poison in her body. So they put me with MrSmiley (sarcasm). However, I have an appt with another new doc in another location in January. Female. Which is what I wanted.

I don't care how many years a male doctor goes to school to BE a doctor..he will NEVER EVER know what its like to be a woman or how HER body functions. Ever.

I adjusted it myself. I take less. Or...I cut the pills in half. Or I take as directed but skip a day.
That sounds great.

jump rope.gif

I used to have this home remedy book...long before I ever got a pc. I need to get another one.

When I go to the quackter, it's always high. Last time I was there (last week) he asked why its so high. Duh. Gee. I wonder. Its cuz I'm sitting in a doctors office which i hate doing, and knowing Im going to be harassed about not getting the jab, told to stop smoking and in general finger waggled. If that doc ever smiled, his face would crack and fall off. I do NOT like him, but I had no choice since my regular doctor quit because they told her she would be fired if she was not jabbed and she said NO WAY was she going to inject poison in her body. So they put me with MrSmiley (sarcasm). However, I have an appt with another new doc in another location in January. Female. Which is what I wanted.

I don't care how many years a male doctor goes to school to BE a doctor..he will NEVER EVER know what its like to be a woman or how HER body functions. Ever.
Good for your doctor! And you're probably right -- as long as the so-called doctors harass you, sure as hell your BP will be up when you go in!

New Topics

Forum List

Back