So, When Do You Start Getting Excited About Halloween?

I donā€™t, anymore. I mean when I was a kid it was one of my favorite holidays, for sure. But mainly because of the candy, lol. Now TBH I donā€™t see the appeal in a holiday devoted to the dark side. And horror movies? I donā€™t like putting stuff like that into my mind, so I almost never watch horror movies. I donā€™t want to be rude, but whatā€™s with the fascination with darkness and all things witchy and pagan? (Harry Potter, etc.)

I mean honestly....if a grown up man or woman asks me if I'm getting excited about Halloween....

I would not even look at them in the face ....I would walk away ...in total contempt

My GOD!

So, When Do You Start Getting Excited About Halloween?​

November 1st.

Lol really, you seem like a person that's really into Halloween to wait until it's over to start getting excited about it. XD

I start getting that way when the weather cools down and the leaves start to fall.
My birthday is the week before Halloween.
The day after Halloween I start getting Christmassy.

What about Thanksgiving though?

About 45 years ago... When I was fucking 12.

A song for you and skye.

I donā€™t want to be rude, but whatā€™s with the fascination with darkness and all things witchy and pagan? (Harry Potter, etc.)

I don't want to be rude, but this is not a religious thread,.. it's not even a debate thread,.. so I don't have to explain myself. If you want to go and debate this stuff please take this somewhere else.

Oh btw, here's some cool videos. ;) (Oh yeah and for all of those interested, October 18th starts my thirteen days of Halloween and Halloween night will be my Spooktactular Halloween party on here!! :D More details to follow. :) )

Lol really, you seem like a person that's really into Halloween to wait until it's over to start getting excited about it. XD

What about Thanksgiving though?

A song for you and skye.

I don't want to be rude, but this is not a religious thread,.. it's not even a debate thread,.. so I don't have to explain myself. If you want to go and debate this stuff please take this somewhere else.

To me....Thanksgiving is just part of Christmas.
Christmas starts on Thanksgiving for me.

There was nothing like Halloween in New England. The cold wind, ghost stories, yellow and red leaves on the ground, candles in the windows and hayrides in the night. Those were some fine memories.

Halloween...

Parents spend 364 days a year telling their children don't take candy from strangers, then on October 31st they send these same children out into the dark to do just that, take candy from strangers...

My house goes dark on October 31st.

Nightmare Before Christmas!! :D

Also, do you guys want to see the scariest thing you ever saw in your life?

Warning: This just might give you nightmares.

(This is more like a jackass-o-lantern.)

JOE-BIDEN-STENCIL.jpg

Halloween...

Parents spend 364 days a year telling their children don't take candy from strangers, then on October 31st they send these same children out into the dark to do just that, take candy from strangers...

My house goes dark on October 31st.

I never did as a kid,.. I just stuck to all of the people in my neighborhood which I already knew. Besides, it's different than actually allowing the children to go inside a stranger's house, and when they're really little their parents should go with them and wait at the end of the driveway for them.

Last edited:
In the last half century or so Halloween has changed from a benign non-holiday for kids to a money making opportunity for candy manufacturers and a creepy opportunity for creepy adults to engage in creepy behavior. Holloween has become dangerous for kids and a playground for perversion.

Forum List

Back