So, what's the difference?

Came across this picture this morning, and it raises an interesting point. 2 groups are using 2 books as justification for hate, violence, and intolerance.

View attachment 204114

Discuss.

Or do your usual thing and retreat to insults because you're too stupid to talk about it intelligently. Whichever.

The obvious difference is that you can go into a town populated by the first depiction and be entirely at liberty and safe even if not one of them.
Try going into an area populated by the second one and expressing a dissenting opinion.

True. If he really thought that Christians were as scary and dangerous as Muslims, he wouldn't be constantly running his gums, attacking them.
Hold the book, quote the scripture, go to church , regardless I find it unlikely Christ would recognize today's religious right as christian.

I find it unlikely that you have the first clue what Christ thinks about anything. And I find it utterly ludicrous that anyone, Christian or otherwise, much cares about your opinions on the subject.

The non Christians are *always* the experts on what Christianity is.
And yet we can't seem to get any two Christians to agree on much....

lol...my point exactly..except it was no accident and the insanity and bloody history of the church is not magical bullshit it is a historical fact..

I have not come to bring peace but a sword.

Take from my hand this cup of fiery wine and make all the nations to whom I send you drink it. When they have drunk it they will vomit and go mad; such is the sword that I am sending among them.

From his mouth there went a sharp sword with which to smite the nations.

Take this cup of wine and drink it, all of you. This is a cup of my blood, the blood of the covenant.

Just art thou, in these thy judgments, thou Holy One who art and wast; for they shed the blood of thy people and of thy prophets and thou hast given them blood to drink.

I will force your oppressors to eat their own flesh and make them drunk on their own blood as if with new wine.....then all flesh shall know that I, the Lord, am your Savior and your Redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob.

And some people don't believe in curses...

:wine:

Imagine that!

Last edited:
Came across this picture this morning, and it raises an interesting point. 2 groups are using 2 books as justification for hate, violence, and intolerance.

View attachment 204114

Discuss.

Or do your usual thing and retreat to insults because you're too stupid to talk about it intelligently. Whichever.

The obvious difference is that you can go into a town populated by the first depiction and be entirely at liberty and safe even if not one of them.
Try going into an area populated by the second one and expressing a dissenting opinion.

True. If he really thought that Christians were as scary and dangerous as Muslims, he wouldn't be constantly running his gums, attacking them.
Hold the book, quote the scripture, go to church , regardless I find it unlikely Christ would recognize today's religious right as christian.

I find it unlikely that you have the first clue what Christ thinks about anything. And I find it utterly ludicrous that anyone, Christian or otherwise, much cares about your opinions on the subject.

I was raised as a Christian. I left because nobody even tried to live up to what they were preaching.

View attachment 204114

Discuss.

You do understand the difference.
One is expressing freedom to defend yourself, which is written in the Constitution, and the other is expressing hatred and murder of Jews and Christians.
Which illustrates the need for the gun in the first place.
Cops cannot serve and protect anymore, thanks to the Democrat's war on cops.
Lol. There is no war on cops

Now how about you try not trolling every thread

And fact, nutty muddy — there have been more terrorost acts in this country post 9-11 by white Christian supremaxksrs than by Muslims

You’re welcome

In essential, unity. In non-essentials, liberty. In all things, charity. --attributed to Augustine

I was raised as a Christian. I left because nobody even tried to live up to what they were preaching.

Well maybe you went to a "country club" church. I grew up in one of those, essentially. Lots of churches are like that now. You go on Sunday but Sunday has no impact on the rest of your life. "Church" can be used for lots of things. That's humanity.

I will also point out that if people weren't sinners Jesus would never have had to come. Plenty of evidence for that these days, as things get increasingly worse.

lol...my point exactly..except it was no accident and the insanity and bloody history of the church is not magical bullshit it is a historical fact..

Take from my hand this cup of fiery wine and make all the nations to whom I send you drink it. When they have drunk it they will vomit and go mad; such is the sword that I am sending among them.

Take this cup of wine and drink it, all of you. This is a cup of my blood, the blood of the covenant.

Just art thou, in these thy judgments, thou Holy One who art and wast; for they shed the blood of thy people and of thy prophets and thou hast given them blood to drink.

I will force your oppressors to eat their own flesh and make them drunk on their own blood as if with new wine.....then all flesh shall know that I, the Lord, am your Savior and your Redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob.

Imagine that!

Do you realize these are all disparate verses from very different parts of the Bible meaning different things? I mean it's like you just did a search on "blood" and copied and pasted. Wait--that's what you did, right? That and "Sword". Part of this is even on Communion...it's just incomprehensible

Imagine that!

Do you realize these are all disparate verses from very different parts of the Bible meaning different things? I mean it's like you just did a search on "blood" and copied and pasted. Wait--that's what you did, right? That and "Sword". Part of this is even on Communion...it's just incomprehensible

I will tell you something. Try to hear.

To Jesus , his disciples, and the authors of the gospels who witnessed the destruction of Judea, the Temple, their way of life, and the enslavement, exile and indiscriminate slaughter of hundreds of thousands of Jews "the nations" were the enemy.

Does this shock you?

The gospels were the first century version of a nuclear option.

Still works like a charm.

Last edited:

Imagine that!

To Jesus , his disciples, and the authors of the gospels who witnessed the destruction of Judea, the Temple, their way of life, and the enslavement, exile and indiscriminate slaughter of hundreds of thousands of Jews "the nations" were the enemy.

Does this shock you?

Your post made me laugh. And when I say it made me laugh, I always mean it literally. I mean I laughed out loud.

Does that shock you?

Imagine that!

Does this shock you?

Your post made me laugh. And when I say it made me laugh, I always mean it literally. I mean I laughed out loud.

Does that shock you?

No, nothing shocking about that. I have seen with my own eyes the insane cackle at their own pathetic aberrations.

However, I want you to know that it makes me very sad to know that even after the truth comes to light many will be digging their own graves for another thousand years.

Last edited:

Imagine that!

Does this shock you?

Does that shock you?

No, I have seen with my own eyes the insane cackle at their own pathetic aberrations.

It makes me very sad to know that even after the truth comes to light many will be digging their own graves for another thousand years.

It makes me laugh that you thought you could shock me that:

1. Jesus was an enemy. Sweetheart, He's still an enemy. He will always be an enemy.

2. People die in great numbers at the hands of other people. That is why He had to come, at least in part.

You think those things are shocking to me--or that we can change them?

Imagine that!

Does this shock you?

Does that shock you?

No, I have seen with my own eyes the insane cackle at their own pathetic aberrations.

It makes me very sad to know that even after the truth comes to light many will be digging their own graves for another thousand years.

1. Jesus was an enemy. Sweetheart, He's still an enemy. He will always be an enemy.

2. People die in great numbers at the hands of other people. That is why He had to come, at least in part.

I didn't say that Jesus was the enemy..

You are.

Does this shock you?

Does that shock you?

You are.

Ooooo.....drastic. What am I going to do?

Does this shock you?

Does that shock you?

You are.

Act like an asshole?

Brilliant!

Does that shock you?

You are.

Act like an asshole?

I haven't acted like an a$$hole. You're just extremely hostile to my religion. Now why is that--really?

You are.

Act like an asshole?

I haven't acted like an a$$hole. You're just extremely hostile to my religion. Now why is that--really?
Um, because its been fucking up the lives of billions of people for thousands of years.

At least thats what the record shows.

You are.

Act like an asshole?

Um, because its been fucking up the lives of billions of people for thousands of years.

At most that should make you meh about the whole thing. Humanity messes itself up; it needs no excuse. Anything and everything is an excuse.

This sounds personal. If it is, fair enough. If it's NOT, then consider this: there's a very good reason the world hates Jesus Christ more than it hates any other religious figure, despite the fact that Jesus taught much more love. If you hate that reason more, there's a reason for that too.

You are.

Act like an asshole?

At most that should make you meh about the whole thing. Humanity messes itself up; it needs no excuse. Anything and everything is an excuse.

This sounds personal. If it is, fair enough. If it's NOT, then consider this: there's a very good reason the world hates Jesus Christ more than it hates any other religious figure, despite the fact that Jesus taught much more love. If you hate that reason more, there's a reason for that too.

Meh, about the whole thing? lol. you wish.

I am putting an end to the curse that Jesus put on the nations.

Be happy.

Act like an asshole?

Meh, about the whole thing? lol. you wish.

I am putting an end to the curse that Jesus put on the nations.

Be happy.

You are, huh? That's your role. Tell me more.

Forum List

Back