So the liberals believe the scientists, before they disagree with the scientists, until they agree.

Are scientists in Europe and Asia getting research funds from the US government?
Are you really this dense?
Or do you think Europeans dismiss the whole global warming thing?

I must be extremely dense because I don't understand your question at all.
Yes you are.
Scientists compete for grant money. That grant money is doled out bya variety of sources, including and especially governments. When governments profess belief in global warming scientists understand that pro global warming views will get them more research grants than anti global warming views.
So it is a money issue.
I can see how a greedy POS might think that money is the only thing that motivates anyone. However, that's not the case with any scientist I know.
Oh you know one scientist who doesnt care about money because he grows it out back on a tree.
Kewl story, bro.
In the real world people's careers depend on attracting grant money.
How many actual scientists do you know? I'm guessing zero. I know or have known dozens. Nobody is looking to starve (and of course none do) but money is not their primary motivator.

Last edited:

Yes you are.
Scientists compete for grant money. That grant money is doled out bya variety of sources, including and especially governments. When governments profess belief in global warming scientists understand that pro global warming views will get them more research grants than anti global warming views.
So it is a money issue.
I can see how a greedy POS might think that money is the only thing that motivates anyone. However, that's not the case with any scientist I know.
Oh you know one scientist who doesnt care about money because he grows it out back on a tree.
Kewl story, bro.
How many actual scientists do you know? I'm guessing zero. I know or have known dozens. Nobody is looking to starve (and of course none do) but money is not their primary motivator.

It's usually pointless to argue with FOX News generated science.

Are scientists in Europe and Asia getting research funds from the US government?

Yes you are.
So it is a money issue.
Kewl story, bro.

A career? That's pretty funny. In your case I think we're just talking about a job.

Yes you are.
So it is a money issue.
Kewl story, bro.

I agree. Somehow, I can't resist the attempt.

Yes you are.
So it is a money issue.
Kewl story, bro.

I agree. Somehow, I can't resist the attempt.

Education is a calling, your dedication and patience is admirable.

Yes you are.
So it is a money issue.
Kewl story, bro.
WHo said money is their primary motivator? I dont care how many scientists you claim to know. All of them are concerned with their careers and in science you get advancement by getting grants and generating grant money for your institution. That is simply how its done.

Yes you are.
So it is a money issue.
Kewl story, bro.
WHo said money is their primary motivator? I dont care how many scientists you claim to know. All of them are concerned with their careers and in science you get advancement by getting grants and generating grant money for your institution. That is simply how its done.

You must have been reading the clause in the grant application that requires you to state your conclusions before conducting any studies.

Yes you are.
So it is a money issue.
Kewl story, bro.

You must have been reading the clause in the grant application that requires you to state your conclusions before conducting any studies.
Let me guess: You have no idea how research grants work.

Kewl story, bro.

Let me guess: You have no idea how research grants work.

I'm getting an education as we speak, lucky for me I can take advantage of all your career experience.

How many scientists, politicians and bureaucratic functionaries are involved in this vast global conspiracy do you think?

Came across an interesting video clip on the anti-vaccination issue. One thing especially interesting:

Finding support among liberal, well educated communities, despite science showing over and over there's no link between autism and vaccines....so why don't parents believe the scientists? Some of them are convince the government is working with the pharmaceutical industry and just want to sell vaccines.

Interesting, isn't it? Liberals who are ignoring the fact that the science is settled and instead attribute the science to scientists following the money.

Why do liberals reject science in this case, but they rant and scream at the suggestion that funding money could also be influencing the science on global warming? I guess it's that time honored liberal tradition. They were for it before they were against it.

Following which money? Is the global warming money part of a general fund that gets distributed throughout the world? Is that why so many governments are making contingency plans and preparations for global climate change? Everyone is evidently following some imagined money from somewhere.
You dont think scientists get research grants?
You don't think the Shell answer man and his ilk get money to deny global climate change?

I did some thinking on the left wing liberal love of science and came to realize they don't love science at all. They love science like the love any tool they use. Blindly they believe scientist that tell them exactly what they think or want to hear. Woe to the person who, even if they are a scientist, that goes against their preconceived thoughts.
Project much?

I did some thinking on the left wing liberal love of science and came to realize they don't love science at all. They love science like the love any tool they use. Blindly they believe scientist that tell them exactly what they think or want to hear. Woe to the person who, even if they are a scientist, that goes against their preconceived thoughts.
Project much?

No, not really.

Came across an interesting video clip on the anti-vaccination issue. One thing especially interesting:

Finding support among liberal, well educated communities, despite science showing over and over there's no link between autism and vaccines....so why don't parents believe the scientists? Some of them are convince the government is working with the pharmaceutical industry and just want to sell vaccines.

Interesting, isn't it? Liberals who are ignoring the fact that the science is settled and instead attribute the science to scientists following the money.

Why do liberals reject science in this case, but they rant and scream at the suggestion that funding money could also be influencing the science on global warming? I guess it's that time honored liberal tradition. They were for it before they were against it.

Following which money? Is the global warming money part of a general fund that gets distributed throughout the world? Is that why so many governments are making contingency plans and preparations for global climate change? Everyone is evidently following some imagined money from somewhere.
You dont think scientists get research grants?

Go look at the budgets of all the countries that have institutions that promote research on global warming.

Don't be naive. The people who promote the notion that mankind is forcing climate change are the ones who are getting funds directly from their governments. They will not allow the well to run dry as long as they can keep their governments (and people like you) afraid of what will happen if the temperature goes up a half degree in the next 75 years.

When a politician needs a issue to scare people, they throw dollars around until they find some research discipline willing to manipulate their findings for $$.

Follow the money. Always.

Follow the money to big oil and the other corporate interests who want to knock down climate change evidence and arguments.

Really, for what reason? What is their motive? You are not cutting back on anything to save the world, I would guess.

Follow the money to big oil and the other corporate interests who want to knock down climate change evidence and arguments.

Thanks for agreeing with me. Follow the money.

Does money only creates doubts to veracity when the claim disagrees with what you believe? Of course not. If you're going to say that money effects the results on one side, you have to admit that money effects the result on the other side as well.

Thanks for agreeing with me. Follow the money.

Does money only creates doubts to veracity when the claim disagrees with what you believe? Of course not. If you're going to say that money effects the results on one side, you have to admit that money effects the result on the other side as well.
Not so sure about that. There's a lot of money on the oil side. Not so much on the academic side.

Not so sure about that. There's a lot of money on the oil side. Not so much on the academic side.

Which is why 99.99999% of all funding for climate "science" comes from government grants where the funding is predicated on finding the results the government wants.

Which is why 99.99999% of all funding for climate "science" comes from government grants where the funding is predicated on finding the results the government wants.
Maybe you can tell me why the government would want the result to be that it's likely too late to do anything but watch the world go down.

Maybe you can tell me why the government would want the result to be that it's likely too late to do anything but watch the world go down.

Because nothing gets you the support of the masses like doom and catastrophe. Just ask GWB. He ran with that shit and had the world eating out of the palm of his hand.

Because nothing gets you the support of the masses like doom and catastrophe. Just ask GWB. He ran with that shit and had the world eating out of the palm of his hand.
Not outside the realm of possibility I guess but faking the disappearance of the northern ice cap seems like a pretty tough thing to do.

Forum List

Back