What's new
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So NOW what? What changes with the Chauvin verdict?

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
Two thoughts on it: First, I suspect we'll see some changes in the rules of policing, and that would include training and accountability. There seems to be enough momentum for this to happen, but I don't know that it's going to definitely going to improve anything.

Second, we're still light years from having "an honest conversation on race" in this country, so this process is going to be rough, loud, divided and ugly. Seems to me that we have to make advances on race relations -- the big picture -- before anything positive sticks.

progressive hunter

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Two thoughts on it: First, I suspect we'll see some changes in the rules of policing, and that would include training and accountability. There seems to be enough momentum for this to happen, but I don't know that it's going to definitely going to improve anything.

Second, we're still light years from having "an honest conversation on race" in this country, so this process is going to be rough, loud, divided and ugly. Seems to me that we have to make advances on race relations -- the big picture -- before anything positive sticks.

MarcATL

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Training ain't it.

They've been training and training and training and training, for decades on decades now and it hasn't done a damn thing, the brutality has only gotten worse.

The thing that will stop these racist bastards in their tracks is punishment.
  1. They get convicted and do hard time to life for these offenses.
  2. Have their money taken away. (aka they're able to get the pants sued off of them)
After that happens to about 3 or 4 of them in a row, the rest will miraculously whip themselves into shape.

Damaged Eagle

Angels have fallen
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Inside a window that leads to your conscience
1618956518737.png

What honest conversation about race relations?

That when the police receive a 10-10, 10-14, 10-15, or 10-16, that it's time to do a 10-7 and go have donuts?
*****SMILE*****

:)

Last edited:

AMart

Diamond Member
Reaction score

More blacks killing more blacks. LOL

Polishprince

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Training ain't it.

They've been training and training and training and training, for decades on decades now and it hasn't done a damn thing, the brutality has only gotten worse.

2. Have their money taken away. (aka they're able to get the pants sued off of them)

After that happens to about 3 or 4 of them in a row, the rest will miraculously whip themselves into shape.

Largely, you are correctamundo here. Police officers are learning to stay out of trouble and avoid sticky situations so this kind of bad news doesn't happen to them like it did with Officer Chauvin - or Officer Wilson in Ferguson who lost his career- or countless others who have been punished even when exonerated. Had Chauvin been proclaimed innocent today, he would have still been out of a job and out of the fortune it cost him to defend himself.

Police officers are learning to avoid troublesome situations, and are indeed learning that the Black Man is America's Sacred Cow and to tread gently around them.

Foreigner Looking In.

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Biden is pushing Critical Race theory to kids across the country.
The racism will get worse not better.Now minorities will be told every shitty day they have as adults will be whitey's fault.
America is fucked. If I were American I'd move to Florida of Wyoming or Idaho.
Most likely Wyoming.

Lastamender

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Changes? You are just getting closer to mob rule. It seems to be what Democrats want. So shove your narrative and your divisive propaganda.

marvin martian

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Training ain't it.

Dozens of black people were murdered in your shithole cities while this trial was going on, and you didn't give a shit about any of them. Why? Because you WANT it that way.

occupied

Gold Member
Reaction score
Until they quit hiring high functioning retards and toxic boymen at the police dept nothing changes. If anything the cops are going to get more brutal because many will look at it like their side lost.

Foreigner Looking In.

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Training ain't it.

WTF are you talking about, you utter mope.
240 people have been killed by cops in 2021 and only 30 of them are blacks.
If you were genuinely concerned about police injustice you would be demanding that a murder charge in the case of Tony Timpa, or the Navy veteran who died in February. Both died from cops kneeling on their necks, but were not black, so nobody gave a fuck.

ESDRAELON

Platinum Member
Reaction score
what changes is probably less burning and looting :dunno:
Perhaps, but I think most of those doing the destruction will simply shift their focus to the latest "victim". The fact that that jury convicted on ALL COUNTS tells me they simply weren't willing to risk their own lives and families by following the law.
Chauvin behaved like a disinterested, cold-blooded ass but there was plenty of testimony showing that he followed policy and training. Floyd did NOT die of asphyxia. You cannot compress an airway by exerting pressure on the lateral aspect of the cervical spine.
I'll be interested to see what his attorney appeals over.

ESDRAELON

Platinum Member
Reaction score

Changes? You are just getting closer to mob rule. It seems to be what Democrats want. So shove your narrative and your divisive propaganda.
Imagine their surprise when they realize mobs CAN form that do not fear them or their propaganda.

Michelle420

Diamond Member
Reaction score
what changes is probably less burning and looting :dunno:
Perhaps, but I think most of those doing the destruction will simply shift their focus to the latest "victim". The fact that that jury convicted on ALL COUNTS tells me they simply weren't willing to risk their own lives and families by following the law.
Chauvin behaved like a disinterested, cold-blooded ass but there was plenty of testimony showing that he followed policy and training. Floyd did NOT die of asphyxia. You cannot compress an airway by exerting pressure on the lateral aspect of the cervical spine.
I'll be interested to see what his attorney appeals over.

Agreed.

struth

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nothing really....it seems most states and localities have decided to pass some police reform legislation since the Dems decided not to even discuss police reform last summer...but nothing really of substance will change. Police involved killings of suspects was very very rare to begin with

I don't think will in anyway keep Dem backed Brown Shirts from contining to loot, attempt insurrections, riot, assault and so further. They have already started gearing up with the tragic accident involving the Wright case.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$400.00
Goal
$350.00

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List