So Nancy Pelosi Is Refusing To Extend Unemployment As Millions Are About To Go Broke?,And It's The Republicans Delaying It? Unbelievable!

Unemployment payments is not the problem.

Yes, it is. I'll tell you exactly why.

You pay someone in a critical industry more in unemployment than they get on the job, you take a valuable worker out of a critical industry. Now, multiply that by a few hundred thousand and you cripple an entire industry and bring it to its knees. You do this to every critical industrial sector in America and you will essentially collapse the economy. It will harm (and kill) more people than COVID ever will.
Critical industries?
Those unemployed now are so because their industries are shuttered due to covid, fool. Until covid is gone, that won't change.

Yeah, and you suddenly get to dictate when Covid 'is gone'. It's for purely non-scientific reasons only.

Those who are unemployed because of the virus should be motivated to go back to work, not to cripple an entire industry (and thereby an entire nation) because they are being given more incentive to sit on their butts instead.

Why is that so? When will Covid be gone? I'm beginning to think that people like you don't want it gone. It's giving you a power trip. That makes you utterly despicable in my eyes.

Unemployment payments is not the problem.

Yes, it is. I'll tell you exactly why.

You pay someone in a critical industry more in unemployment than they get on the job, you take a valuable worker out of a critical industry. Now, multiply that by a few hundred thousand and you cripple an entire industry and bring it to its knees. You do this to every critical industrial sector in America and you will essentially collapse the economy. It will harm (and kill) more people than COVID ever will.
Critical industries?
Those unemployed now are so because their industries are shuttered due to covid, fool. Until covid is gone, that won't change.

Yeah, and you suddenly get to dictate when Covid 'is gone'. It's for purely non-scientific reasons only.

Those who are unemployed because of the virus should be motivated to go back to work, not to cripple an entire industry (and thereby an entire nation) because they are being given more incentive to sit on their butts instead.

Why is that so? When will Covid be gone? I'm beginning to think that people like you don't want it gone. It's giving you a power trip. That makes you utterly despicable in my eyes.
Dumbass, they're not sitting at home chillin'. The businesses they work at are closed due to covid. That's why they're unemployed, dope. Cancelling their unemployment only further victimizes them. I'm quite sure most of them would rather be working.

Until covid is gone, that won't change.

Like I said, when will it be gone? As it stands now, never. It is too virulent to control. When a vaccine is distributed, what's to stop you from saying the vaccine isn't enough to end the lockdowns and restrictions?

You are too easy to read.
I didn't close the businesses, retard. We have to work with the way things are. Not the way you want them to be.

Like I said, when will it be gone? As it stands now, never. It is too virulent to control. When a vaccine is distributed, what's to stop you from saying the vaccine isn't enough to end the lockdowns and restrictions?

I didn't close the businesses, retard. We have to work with the way things are. Not the way you want them to be.

No. We are supposed to adapt and overcome, not submit and conform.

Your worldview wants to keep businesses closed, not you personally. Stop being dense. Okay? Okay.

Cancelling their unemployment only further victimizes them. I'm quite sure most of them would rather be working.

Keeping them away from their jobs is what victimizes them. These benefits may help them, but it will harm everyone else who relies on the industry they contribute to.

The sheer ignorance you possess of the microeconomic impact of paying people more to stay at home than go back to work is truly astounding.

Last edited:

Your worldview wants to keep businesses closed, not you personally. Stop being dense. Okay? Okay.

Your worldview wants to keep businesses closed, not you personally. Stop being dense. Okay? Okay
Again. I don't make the call, dope.

I want the virus levels to be low enough to open like the rest of the first world.

Your worldview wants to keep businesses closed, not you personally. Stop being dense. Okay? Okay

I want the virus levels to be low enough to open like the rest of the first world.

And I can keenly tell when people like you are lying through their teeth. This whole thing is politically expedient for you. Your concern for your fellows is nonexistent.

Cancelling their unemployment only further victimizes them. I'm quite sure most of them would rather be working.

Keeping them away from their jobs is what victimizes them. These benefits may help them, but it will harm everyone else who relies on the industry they contribute to.

The sheer ignorance of the microeconomic impact of paying people more to stay at home than go back to work is astounding.
Keeping them away from their jobs is what victimizes them
No shit. Covid is fucking everyone. I don't, you don't, the unemployed don't make the call to close a business. We can only each do our part to reduce the spread of the virus. A lot of people have disregarded their responsibility and allowed this shit to run rampant. As long as that condition exists. Shit won't open. In the mean time, people need to pay their bills or have protections from ruin.

And I can keenly tell when people like you are lying through their teeth. This whole thing is politically expedient for you. Your concern for your fellows is nonexistent.
Politics is not in my mind at all with covid. It's you dopes who do that. You're doing it by accusing me.

I don't, you don't, the unemployed don't make the call to close a business.

No, we don't. The authority figures who possess similar worldviews to your own do.

Is that too hard for you to understand? You advocate for this behavior, you vote for these people to continue doing these same exact things. Defunding police, shutting down economies... on and on.

So, in an indirect way, perhaps you do make that call.

No, we don't. The authority figures who possess similar worldviews to your own do.

Is that too hard for you to understand? You advocate for this behavior, you vote for these people to continue doing these same exact things. Defunding police, shutting down economies... on and on.

You're a lunatic.

You're a lunatic.

And thus the argument is won. You may go now.

I will however point out that we are the worst in the world with Covid. By lightyears.
Why?

Testing. That's it, that's all. We have essentially quadrupled our testing capacity, and thereby shown there to be millions of cases that would not have been detected otherwise. I thought testing was a critical way to help contain a virus? Or is that not a thing now?

Soon, millions of us are about to run out of money to pay our bills. Republicans are willing to at least provide the funds to extend unemployment while working on the bill to deal with all of the other financial/stimulus related manners.
Yet she has the nerve to tell us that it's the Republicans that are holding this up? the Republicans are the ones that are about to starve millions of children?
Hopefully, all that are about to go broke are well aware that it's Nancy Pelosi that's refusing to help them out and not the Republicans!

House Democrats passed a $3T aid package about 10 weeks ago. Yes, it's the republicans who are holding up aid to ordinary Americans.
Its ALWAYS do it the Democrat way or nothing

That's "compromise" Democrat style

No. You take up the bill in the Senate in committee; you pass your own version of it and then you have a conference where differences are worked out and send it to the President.

Talking to blob supporters is like explaining the space shuttle to Fred Flintstone.
I agree you have the standard procedure for passing a Bill.
However this Bill needs to be passed yesterday (literally), so it needs to be negotiated. and passed ASAP.
I'm saying $300 a week for unemployed and zero for retirees and workers is probably doable.
Its the same UE benefit as if no covid was here, just extended thru December.
Its the same UE benefit as if no covid was here, just extended thru December
Derp...
Which of course does nothing to address the covid related economic problems.
WTF are you whining about?
1. Long-term unemployment IS the covid economic problem, when state UE checks run out.
2. Retirees don't need stimulus. Those working don't need stimulus.
3. Borrowing $3T is simply unaffordable. States can fend for themselves, so can corporations.

What's YOUR plan?
I'm not whining at all. I'm pointing out your idiocy, dope.
No you're whining. You're apparently too stupid to debate "facts".
I put up 3 factoids and you whined about them, but didn't refute any. So thanks for playing.

Soon, millions of us are about to run out of money to pay our bills. Republicans are willing to at least provide the funds to extend unemployment while working on the bill to deal with all of the other financial/stimulus related manners.
Yet she has the nerve to tell us that it's the Republicans that are holding this up? the Republicans are the ones that are about to starve millions of children?
Hopefully, all that are about to go broke are well aware that it's Nancy Pelosi that's refusing to help them out and not the Republicans!

House Democrats passed a $3T aid package about 10 weeks ago. Yes, it's the republicans who are holding up aid to ordinary Americans.

No. You take up the bill in the Senate in committee; you pass your own version of it and then you have a conference where differences are worked out and send it to the President.

Talking to blob supporters is like explaining the space shuttle to Fred Flintstone.
However this Bill needs to be passed yesterday (literally), so it needs to be negotiated. and passed ASAP.
I'm saying $300 a week for unemployed and zero for retirees and workers is probably doable.
Derp...
1. Long-term unemployment IS the covid economic problem, when state UE checks run out.
3. Borrowing $3T is simply unaffordable. States can fend for themselves, so can corporations.

What's YOUR plan?
I put up 3 factoids and you whined about them, but didn't refute any. So thanks for playing.
I didn't whine, dope. I told you very clearly that your "factoids" did nothing to address the economic issues unique to the Covid crisis.
The "economic issues" I identified still stand. State unemployment checks are ending, the $600 weekly bonus checks for not working are ending, and the government printing $3T is not a good solution.

Here are my points again. You whine about them without putting up better ones,
1. Long-term unemployment IS the covid economic problem, when state UE checks run out. People starving or being homeless is a bad option.
2. Retirees don't need stimulus. Those working don't need stimulus. Put the money where its needed.
Again, dope. Your speculations are arbitrary and based on solving mothing. None of that addresses the problems created by covid. Unemployment payments is not the problem. It's a solution to a much larger problem.There are a lot of unemployed AS A RESULT OF COVID who will not be going back to work anytime soon. What happens when people don't make enough to live? Pay their rent? There aren't alternate jobs waiting for all the unemployed.
The govt has two options to prevent economic catastrophe. Lock everything down and get the virus to levels low enough to reopen completely or pay people until we get through this.
The GDP fell off a cliff last quarter. Everyone needs stimulus.
OK, progress. We have some common ground.
1. There is no "solving" covid, even after vaccines are available. It will ALWAYS be here like the flu, but as a "viral pneumonia", much deadlier. We typically lost about 40,000 souls to the flu every year on average, with covid that number could be 2x or 3x annually combined.
2. Agree the US economy is at a "new normal" some industries are not coming back anytime soon, such as airlines, sports, concerts, cruise lines, hospitality, restaurants, bars, and their support industries like Boeing. About 50% of restaurants already failed permanently, since they can't break even at 25% to 50% capacity.
3. We agree that the unemployed need money to live and there aren't many alternate jobs available. So what to do?
4. Another lockdown is NOT going to happen, the US economy can't handle it, and it would cause an economic collapse. So we agree that long term financial assistance is needed, whether its called "welfare" or "extended unemployment".
5. The GDP will grow slowly as we figure out how to re-open safely. The young bar flies and party animals are not helping.
Sure. $2-300 a week isn't gonna pay the rent though. That's why Dems are insisting on $600 as well as eviction protection. Perhaps they can give landlords tax credits to help offset their losses.

I will however point out that we are the worst in the world with Covid. By lightyears.
Why?

Testing. That's it, that's all. We have essentially quadrupled our testing capacity, and thereby shown there to be millions of cases that would not have been detected otherwise. I thought testing was a critical way to help contain a virus? Or is that not a thing now?
That's just dumb. Testing doesn't make cases. The cases have to exist in the first place to be detected. The virus running uncontrolled is what makes cases. The average positivity rate in the US is like 10%. That means I only have to test 10 people to find 1 positive that means there is a lot of virus in my region. We need it to be more like I have to test 250-300 people to find 1 positive.

Derp...

What's YOUR plan?

Derp...

What's YOUR plan?
I didn't whine, dope. I told you very clearly that your "factoids" did nothing to address the economic issues unique to the Covid crisis.
The "economic issues" I identified still stand. State unemployment checks are ending, the $600 weekly bonus checks for not working are ending, and the government printing $3T is not a good solution.

Here are my points again. You whine about them without putting up better ones,
1. Long-term unemployment IS the covid economic problem, when state UE checks run out. People starving or being homeless is a bad option.
2. Retirees don't need stimulus. Those working don't need stimulus. Put the money where its needed.
Again, dope. Your speculations are arbitrary and based on solving mothing. None of that addresses the problems created by covid. Unemployment payments is not the problem. It's a solution to a much larger problem.There are a lot of unemployed AS A RESULT OF COVID who will not be going back to work anytime soon. What happens when people don't make enough to live? Pay their rent? There aren't alternate jobs waiting for all the unemployed.
The govt has two options to prevent economic catastrophe. Lock everything down and get the virus to levels low enough to reopen completely or pay people until we get through this.
The GDP fell off a cliff last quarter. Everyone needs stimulus.
OK, progress. We have some common ground.
1. There is no "solving" covid, even after vaccines are available. It will ALWAYS be here like the flu, but as a "viral pneumonia", much deadlier. We typically lost about 40,000 souls to the flu every year on average, with covid that number could be 2x or 3x annually combined.
2. Agree the US economy is at a "new normal" some industries are not coming back anytime soon, such as airlines, sports, concerts, cruise lines, hospitality, restaurants, bars, and their support industries like Boeing. About 50% of restaurants already failed permanently, since they can't break even at 25% to 50% capacity.
3. We agree that the unemployed need money to live and there aren't many alternate jobs available. So what to do?
4. Another lockdown is NOT going to happen, the US economy can't handle it, and it would cause an economic collapse. So we agree that long term financial assistance is needed, whether its called "welfare" or "extended unemployment".
5. The GDP will grow slowly as we figure out how to re-open safely. The young bar flies and party animals are not helping.
Sure. $2-300 a week isn't gonna pay the rent though. That's why Dems are insisting on $600 as well as eviction protection. Perhaps they can give landlords tax credits to help offset their losses.
Agreed. I'm sure that even Nancy will see that her bailout of blue states isn't going to happen, and hurting families isn't helping democrats. What the GOP objected to was getting state unemployment AND the $600 a week stimulus. Now that the state UE ran out the dems just need to agree on a weekly extended unemployment amount. What got the GOP riled was workers refusing to go back to work since the two unemployment checks was much more.

Forum List

Back