So Nancy Pelosi Is Refusing To Extend Unemployment As Millions Are About To Go Broke?,And It's The Republicans Delaying It? Unbelievable!

Soon, millions of us are about to run out of money to pay our bills. Republicans are willing to at least provide the funds to extend unemployment while working on the bill to deal with all of the other financial/stimulus related manners.
Yet she has the nerve to tell us that it's the Republicans that are holding this up? the Republicans are the ones that are about to starve millions of children?
Hopefully, all that are about to go broke are well aware that it's Nancy Pelosi that's refusing to help them out and not the Republicans!

House Democrats passed a $3T aid package about 10 weeks ago. Yes, it's the republicans who are holding up aid to ordinary Americans.
Its ALWAYS do it the Democrat way or nothing

That's "compromise" Democrat style

No. You take up the bill in the Senate in committee; you pass your own version of it and then you have a conference where differences are worked out and send it to the President.

Talking to blob supporters is like explaining the space shuttle to Fred Flintstone.
I agree you have the standard procedure for passing a Bill.
However this Bill needs to be passed yesterday (literally), so it needs to be negotiated. and passed ASAP.
I'm saying $300 a week for unemployed and zero for retirees and workers is probably doable.
Its the same UE benefit as if no covid was here, just extended thru December.
Its the same UE benefit as if no covid was here, just extended thru December
Derp...
Which of course does nothing to address the covid related economic problems.
WTF are you whining about?
1. Long-term unemployment IS the covid economic problem, when state UE checks run out.
2. Retirees don't need stimulus. Those working don't need stimulus.
3. Borrowing $3T is simply unaffordable. States can fend for themselves, so can corporations.

What's YOUR plan?
I'm not whining at all. I'm pointing out your idiocy, dope.
No you're whining. You're apparently too stupid to debate "facts".
I put up 3 factoids and you whined about them, but didn't refute any. So thanks for playing.

Soon, millions of us are about to run out of money to pay our bills. Republicans are willing to at least provide the funds to extend unemployment while working on the bill to deal with all of the other financial/stimulus related manners.
Yet she has the nerve to tell us that it's the Republicans that are holding this up? the Republicans are the ones that are about to starve millions of children?
Hopefully, all that are about to go broke are well aware that it's Nancy Pelosi that's refusing to help them out and not the Republicans!

House Democrats passed a $3T aid package about 10 weeks ago. Yes, it's the republicans who are holding up aid to ordinary Americans.

No. You take up the bill in the Senate in committee; you pass your own version of it and then you have a conference where differences are worked out and send it to the President.

Talking to blob supporters is like explaining the space shuttle to Fred Flintstone.
However this Bill needs to be passed yesterday (literally), so it needs to be negotiated. and passed ASAP.
I'm saying $300 a week for unemployed and zero for retirees and workers is probably doable.
Derp...
1. Long-term unemployment IS the covid economic problem, when state UE checks run out.
3. Borrowing $3T is simply unaffordable. States can fend for themselves, so can corporations.

What's YOUR plan?
I put up 3 factoids and you whined about them, but didn't refute any. So thanks for playing.
I didn't whine, dope. I told you very clearly that your "factoids" did nothing to address the economic issues unique to the Covid crisis.
The "economic issues" I identified still stand. State unemployment checks are ending, the $600 weekly bonus checks for not working are ending, and the government printing $3T is not a good solution.

Here are my points again. You whine about them without putting up better ones,
1. Long-term unemployment IS the covid economic problem, when state UE checks run out. People starving or being homeless is a bad option.
2. Retirees don't need stimulus. Those working don't need stimulus. Put the money where its needed.
Again, dope. Your speculations are arbitrary and based on solving mothing. None of that addresses the problems created by covid. Unemployment payments is not the problem. It's a solution to a much larger problem.There are a lot of unemployed AS A RESULT OF COVID who will not be going back to work anytime soon. What happens when people don't make enough to live? Pay their rent? There aren't alternate jobs waiting for all the unemployed.
The govt has two options to prevent economic catastrophe. Lock everything down and get the virus to levels low enough to reopen completely or pay people until we get through this.
The GDP fell off a cliff last quarter. Everyone needs stimulus.
OK, progress. We have some common ground.
1. There is no "solving" covid, even after vaccines are available. It will ALWAYS be here like the flu, but as a "viral pneumonia", much deadlier. We typically lost about 40,000 souls to the flu every year on average, with covid that number could be 2x or 3x annually combined.
2. Agree the US economy is at a "new normal" some industries are not coming back anytime soon, such as airlines, sports, concerts, cruise lines, hospitality, restaurants, bars, and their support industries like Boeing. About 50% of restaurants already failed permanently, since they can't break even at 25% to 50% capacity.
3. We agree that the unemployed need money to live and there aren't many alternate jobs available. So what to do?
4. Another lockdown is NOT going to happen, the US economy can't handle it, and it would cause an economic collapse. So we agree that long term financial assistance is needed, whether its called "welfare" or "extended unemployment".
5. The GDP will grow slowly as we figure out how to re-open safely. The young bar flies and party animals are not helping.
Sure. $2-300 a week isn't gonna pay the rent though. That's why Dems are insisting on $600 as well as eviction protection. Perhaps they can give landlords tax credits to help offset their losses.
Agreed. I'm sure that even Nancy will see that her bailout of blue states isn't going to happen, and hurting families isn't helping democrats. What the GOP objected to was getting state unemployment AND the $600 a week stimulus. Now that the state UE ran out the dems just need to agree on a weekly extended unemployment amount. What got the GOP riled was workers refusing to go back to work since the two unemployment checks was much more.
And I can keenly tell when people like you are lying through their teeth. This whole thing is politically expedient for you. Your concern for your fellows is nonexistent
What workers are refusing to go back to work? They're unemployed because the businesses that employed them are closed due to covid. Employees just can't decide to return to work.

How much money did the unemployment benefits include? How much are Republicans willing to provide and for how long?
What I heard is a percentage of say 80% or 75% of what you made before NOT TO EXCEED for most of the rest of the year...............aka ........so you don't make more money than what you made at work..........

In industrial ......where I work.......that would be nobody getting more........Unemployment was a cut with the 600 PERIOD.

That is untrfue. For a lot of people, they were making nowhere near what they are making.
:hello77::cul2::shutupsmiley:

Derp...
A virus so dang bad that people have to get tested to see if they have it..........LOL

We never shut down the country for this shit in over 50 years.....until you left wing nut jobs were in charge from the Hippies on LSD way back when...........

99.98% survival rate........LMAO.........Up yours and your BS party bro.

Derp...

What's YOUR plan?
Well it's totally fubared. I mean MITCH should have done something two months ago, but with Trump sinking the one thing you can count on Mitch for is to protect his caucus, so they were not having anything like profiles in courage moment. The obvious answer is to not pay people who never made 3000 a month 3000 a month not to work. But Pelosi might be right. What if those sub-3000 jobs aren't out there? People really would starve and get evicted.

Of course Trump could have put someone REAL in charge of testing rather than Jared "but Dad" Ivanka.

The good news is that new infection rates seem to be stabilizing now that the deflector in chief is not telling people NOT to wear masks.
Younger people are getting it........so the death rate is lower.......WAY LOWER.......and we are headed to HERD IMMUNITY whether you like it or not.

The virus and Mother Nature don't give a damn about your whining..........put some flour on a table......put your cloth mask over a vacuum cleaner hose and turn it on........watch the flour go bye bye........and it's about 100 times bigger than the virus........

Masks .........BS.

Derp...

What's YOUR plan?

Derp...

What's YOUR plan?
I didn't whine, dope. I told you very clearly that your "factoids" did nothing to address the economic issues unique to the Covid crisis.
The "economic issues" I identified still stand. State unemployment checks are ending, the $600 weekly bonus checks for not working are ending, and the government printing $3T is not a good solution.

Here are my points again. You whine about them without putting up better ones,
1. Long-term unemployment IS the covid economic problem, when state UE checks run out. People starving or being homeless is a bad option.
2. Retirees don't need stimulus. Those working don't need stimulus. Put the money where its needed.
Again, dope. Your speculations are arbitrary and based on solving mothing. None of that addresses the problems created by covid. Unemployment payments is not the problem. It's a solution to a much larger problem.There are a lot of unemployed AS A RESULT OF COVID who will not be going back to work anytime soon. What happens when people don't make enough to live? Pay their rent? There aren't alternate jobs waiting for all the unemployed.
The govt has two options to prevent economic catastrophe. Lock everything down and get the virus to levels low enough to reopen completely or pay people until we get through this.
The GDP fell off a cliff last quarter. Everyone needs stimulus.
OK, progress. We have some common ground.
1. There is no "solving" covid, even after vaccines are available. It will ALWAYS be here like the flu, but as a "viral pneumonia", much deadlier. We typically lost about 40,000 souls to the flu every year on average, with covid that number could be 2x or 3x annually combined.
2. Agree the US economy is at a "new normal" some industries are not coming back anytime soon, such as airlines, sports, concerts, cruise lines, hospitality, restaurants, bars, and their support industries like Boeing. About 50% of restaurants already failed permanently, since they can't break even at 25% to 50% capacity.
3. We agree that the unemployed need money to live and there aren't many alternate jobs available. So what to do?
4. Another lockdown is NOT going to happen, the US economy can't handle it, and it would cause an economic collapse. So we agree that long term financial assistance is needed, whether its called "welfare" or "extended unemployment".
5. The GDP will grow slowly as we figure out how to re-open safely. The young bar flies and party animals are not helping.
Sure. $2-300 a week isn't gonna pay the rent though. That's why Dems are insisting on $600 as well as eviction protection. Perhaps they can give landlords tax credits to help offset their losses.
Agreed. I'm sure that even Nancy will see that her bailout of blue states isn't going to happen, and hurting families isn't helping democrats. What the GOP objected to was getting state unemployment AND the $600 a week stimulus. Now that the state UE ran out the dems just need to agree on a weekly extended unemployment amount. What got the GOP riled was workers refusing to go back to work since the two unemployment checks was much more.
And I can keenly tell when people like you are lying through their teeth. This whole thing is politically expedient for you. Your concern for your fellows is nonexistent
What workers are refusing to go back to work? They're unemployed because the businesses that employed them are closed due to covid. Employees just can't decide to return to work.
There are many workers making much more collecting UE than going back to work:
"More than two-thirds of workers on jobless benefits are making more in unemployment than they did while working, and one in five eligible unemployed workers will receive benefits at least twice as large as their lost earnings, according to economists at the University of Chicago."

Yeah, another simple simon echoing the lies of right wing media and Republican propaganda. The Republican Party doesn't give a hoot to those American's who were living paycheck to paycheck and are now trying to get by without a paycheck.

McConnell and his band of Republican Pols in both the H. or Rep. and the Senate are getting their paychecks now, so they are not in a hurry to do their job and pass an economic stimulus large enough for American families to pay their rent, feed their kids and get by without living on a mounting credit card debt.

The poorest of the poor are not able to pay rent now, and soon will be kicked out onto the streets. The typical response from the callous conservative set is ho hum ... let them eat cake! Of course this is a meme and Marie-Antoinette did not likely say this to the poor French people, but it sure applies to Callous Conservatives.

You know that Nancy wrote and passed a bill 2 months ago that gave more funding to unemployment, states and businesses, right?
Did you harp on McConnell for not passing it the same way you’re harping on Nancy now?
Yeah, but it included about $2 trillion worth of stuff that only Dims wanted.

BHecause Republicans don't give a damn. They only support their corporate masters.
You have no objection to the government spending $2 trillion on bullshit? Is that what giving a damn means?

The AMERICAN PEOPLE are not "bullshit". Money for FOOD, SHELTER, AND MEDICAL TESTING is not "bullshit".

Where is the money to provide food, shelter, and medical testing absent in the Republican bill?
That isn't what the $2 trillion is for, dingbat.

No dumbass, it's not. It's money for corporations, money for an FBI office, money to renovate the White House, but not one thin dime for testing. No extension of unemployment insurance, or eviction protections for renters. And it protects employers from being sued for failure to provide a safe working environment for employees returning to work.
Republicans don't want the additional $2 trillion. It's Democrats who want it.

Only morons believe employers should be sued for putting people back to work.

The federal government is already paying for testing, moron.

The house passed one 10 weeks before yesterday.
yeah, but $3T isn't going to work. The Senate has a better one.

There is no Senate bill. Republicans are still fighting among themselves. The McConnell bill is a bad joke.

Politics aside for a second. anyone who doesn’t think our government is broken isn’t watching.
It seems the dems are locked in for the $600 or bust. That's 2400/mo PLUS the state benefits, which even in Colo is more than some laid off workers were making. And there are jobs, but not ones 2400 plus state benefits. As my wife told me (-: that incentivizes not working, but it is putting money in consumption that helps buoy econ activity, which is falling at about 10% annually. The dems are saying that IF UI comes down, they'll be open to talking about lowering the $600 mo.

The problem with that thinking is that in a recession, the lowest paying jobs get filled first. That puts a downward pressure on potential new job salaries. If there's competition for say $2400 a mo, employers will offer 2300. BUUUUUt, working at a flat top in Mississippi never paid 2400/mo. So, it's …. dysfunctional and not working

Then it's time for employers to raise their wages, if they can't get people to return to work. Why is the solution always to force workers to accept less money than they need to live on?
Why should government pay for anything more than the status quo?

Typical DC politics. Don't do anything and blame the other party.
Then again, gridlock is generally a good outcome.
Unemployed people still get their state unemployment checks, just not the Fed stimulus.

The federal stimulus is absurd anyway; resulting in people being paid more to not work than they'd earn if they were working.

No matter what the excuse, forcing people who are willing and able to work into enforced idleness is a very, very , very, very, very bad idea; as is giving them bonus government handouts, paid for by taxes on those who are still allowed to work.

The only way to save our economy is to end the shutdowns, let all businesses fully reopen, and let everyone go back to work. And remove from office the corrupt subhuman criminal pieces of shit who infest our various levels of government, who are responsible for exploiting the #CoronoaHoax2020 to maliciously sabotage the economy, and where possible, subject them to criminal prosecution and very, very,very long prison sentences.

Grow up Blaylock and stop echoing Republican talking points.

The Democrats want a total bill not a 1-week extension and screwjob. Republicans want unemployment paid at 70% of salary. Then it takes 4 months for people to get it. You basically know nothing change the channel.

There is no Senate bill. Republicans are still fighting among themselves. The McConnell bill is a bad joke.

Politics aside for a second. anyone who doesn’t think our government is broken isn’t watching.
It seems the dems are locked in for the $600 or bust. That's 2400/mo PLUS the state benefits, which even in Colo is more than some laid off workers were making. And there are jobs, but not ones 2400 plus state benefits. As my wife told me (-: that incentivizes not working, but it is putting money in consumption that helps buoy econ activity, which is falling at about 10% annually. The dems are saying that IF UI comes down, they'll be open to talking about lowering the $600 mo.

The problem with that thinking is that in a recession, the lowest paying jobs get filled first. That puts a downward pressure on potential new job salaries. If there's competition for say $2400 a mo, employers will offer 2300. BUUUUUt, working at a flat top in Mississippi never paid 2400/mo. So, it's …. dysfunctional and not working

Then it's time for employers to raise their wages, if they can't get people to return to work. Why is the solution always to force workers to accept less money than they need to live on?

Because 60,000 people a day getting sick every day, and 1500 people a day dying, will continue to crush your economy. Millions of people with no money, no food and getting evicted, aren't going to vote for your orange baboon come November.

Not only do you have the highest rates of disease and death in the world, you economy has been much harder hit than any other country. -32% for the USA in Q2, under -10% in the EU, -12% in Canada. Your Q1 contraction was twice as large as the rest of the world. You're now up to 3 times worse.

Economically, the status quo will end your country.

It's sad that while millions of out of work average people are struggling, the two sides bicker about Nothing, absolutely nothing. Send out the checks and provide some sort of help to the unemployed....it's not all that complicated.

Unsustainable government handouts are not what these forcibly-unemployed need.

What they need is to be allowed to go back to work.

Because 60,000 people a day getting sick every day, and 1500 people a day will continue to crush your economy. Millions of people with no money, no food and getting evicted, aren't going to vote for your orange baboon come November.

Economically, the status quo will end your country.
Another stupid "flaming" post. The status quo in the US is still 10x more than your tiny GDP. People are learning how to cope with covid and work safely. In only (58) days Joe Biden will debate Trump. That should decide the election.
Soon schools will open and we will be getting back to normal. Sucks to be you.

None of that addresses the problems created by covid. Unemployment payments is not the problem. It's a solution to a much larger problem.There are a lot of unemployed AS A RESULT OF COVID who will not be going back to work anytime soon.

Those unemployed now are so because their industries are shuttered due to covid, fool. Until covid is gone, that won't change.

Not a result of the COVID virus. None of this is.

It is all entirely the result of corrupt, criminal pieces of shit, infesting positions of political power, exploiting the artificially-hyperbolized fear over the COVID virus, as an excuse to seize and abuse power, and to sabotage the economy, for their own political purposes.

put some flour on a table......put your cloth mask over a vacuum cleaner hose and turn it on........watch the flour go bye bye........and it's about 100 times bigger than the virus

A quick Google search seems to indicate that flour particles range in size from about 45 microns to almost 600 microns.

The #CoronaHoax2020 virus ranges in size from about 0.05 of a micron to about 0.2 of a micron.

That is much more than a 100× difference.

Yeah, another simple simon echoing the lies of right wing media and Republican propaganda. The Republican Party doesn't give a hoot to those American's who were living paycheck to paycheck and are now trying to get by without a paycheck.

It's not Republicans who are responsible for depriving any of these people the ability to work to earn a paycheck.

The Democraps totally own this, all of it.

The poorest of the poor are not able to pay rent now, and soon will be kicked out onto the streets. The typical response from the callous conservative set is ho hum ... let them eat cake!

…or $14/pint ice cream, out of a $24,000 freezer, in a luxurious mansion.

Forum List

Back