So Much For The Lame Emoluments Argument

Every Trump and Trump in-;law in the white house is a volunteer.

They're still government employees.

You might want to look up the definition of an employee. Law prohibits them form being employees without congressional consent.

Jared Kushner, Hope Hicks, John Kelly, Steve Bannon, Rience Priebus, Ivanka Trump, Michael Flynn and dozens more, were all government employees of the Trump white house, and none required congressional approval.

Check the constitution/.

Check the law dumb ass.

5 U.S. Code § 3110 - Employment of relatives; restrictions

Jared Kushner, Hope Hicks, John Kelly, Steve Bannon, Rience Priebus, Ivanka Trump, Michael Flynn and dozens more, were all government employees of the Trump white house, and none required congressional approval.

Check the constitution/.

Check the law dumb ass.

Like any law, read the punishment for violating the prohibition. It's not a crime, but an administrative action, prohibiting relatives from receiving a salary from the government. So the president can hire all the relatives he wants, as long as they don't get paid, ie are volunteers.

(b)
A public official may not appoint, employ, promote, advance, or advocate for appointment, employment, promotion, or advancement, in or to a civilian position in the agency in which he is serving or over which he exercises jurisdiction or control any individual who is a relative of the public official.

(c)
An individual appointed, employed, promoted, or advanced in violation of this section is not entitled to pay, and money may not be paid from the Treasury as pay to an individual so appointed, employed, promoted, or advanced

This is like taking a knee for the national anthem. It's a violation of the flag code, but there is no prescribed punishment. Violating nepotism is only punishable by not paying them.

I'm pretty sure that isn't the end of the subject.

You first need to learn what an emolument is. It ain't connected to a retail business that Trump isn't even running.

again, Trump's whole connections between his political and business enterprises are murky, because he's not putting his business interests in a trust and he is making money off of them, such as charging the Secret Service for space in Trump Tower to protect his family.

You want to investigate murky political business enterprises with trump, let’s do it. But DO NOT ignore those same “murky” enterprises with the clintons, the obama administration, the DNC and wasserman-Schultz. If we’re gonna purge, let’s purge. Not a collective purge, but let’s all judge them on equal footing, and find out what messed up shit our politicians have been doing. Which leads me to my next thought.

https://nypost.com/2017/12/18/obama-protected-hezbollah-drug-ring-to-save-iran-nukes-deal/

Obama agreed to 'lay off' Hezbollah terrorists if Iran signed nuclear deal, new investigation finds | American Military News

I would call that collusion.

Check the constitution/.

Check the law dumb ass.

Like any law, read the punishment for violating the prohibition. It's not a crime, but an administrative action, prohibiting relatives from receiving a salary from the government. So the president can hire all the relatives he wants, as long as they don't get paid, ie are volunteers.

So now you admit they were/are volunteers, not employees. The day hasn't been wasted, you appear to have learned something, I wasn't sure that was possible.

You first need to learn what an emolument is. It ain't connected to a retail business that Trump isn't even running.

again, Trump's whole connections between his political and business enterprises are murky, because he's not putting his business interests in a trust and he is making money off of them, such as charging the Secret Service for space in Trump Tower to protect his family.

You want to investigate murky political business enterprises with trump, let’s do it. But DO NOT ignore those same “murky” enterprises with the clintons, the obama administration, the DNC and wasserman-Schultz. If we’re gonna purge, let’s purge. Not a collective purge, but let’s all judge them on equal footing, and find out what messed up shit our politicians have been doing. Which leads me to my next thought.

https://nypost.com/2017/12/18/obama-protected-hezbollah-drug-ring-to-save-iran-nukes-deal/

Obama agreed to 'lay off' Hezbollah terrorists if Iran signed nuclear deal, new investigation finds | American Military News

Of course you would. You are great at coming up ith names for your conspiracy theories..

So now you admit they were/are volunteers, not employees. The day hasn't been wasted, you appear to have learned something, I wasn't sure that was possible.

Grow up.

Trump Couple, Now White House Employees, Can't Escape Conflict
Apr 1, 2017 - WASHINGTON — The husband-and-wife team of Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump, now both senior federal government officials,

Nepotism and Conflicts of Interest – Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump
Overturning decades of precedent, however, the Department of Justice's Office of Legal Counsel released an opinion shortly after Mr. Kushner's appointment concluding that, based on another statute, the president is exempt from the anti-nepotism statute when hiring White House employees.

Why Ivanka Trump is now an unpaid government employee
wife of the president's senior adviser Jared Kushner, will become a formal assistant to the president, making her an unpaid government employee. .

Grow up.

Apr 1, 2017 - WASHINGTON — The husband-and-wife team of Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump, now both senior federal government officials,

Overturning decades of precedent, however, the Department of Justice's Office of Legal Counsel released an opinion shortly after Mr. Kushner's appointment concluding that, based on another statute, the president is exempt from the anti-nepotism statute when hiring White House employees.

wife of the president's senior adviser Jared Kushner, will become a formal assistant to the president, making her an unpaid government employee. .

I guess I was wrong, you aren't capable of learning.

So now you admit they were/are volunteers, not employees.

You must be suffering from cat scratch fever if you think they're not government employees.

As I said every Trump and Trump in-law in the white house is a volunteer employee.

So now you admit they were/are volunteers, not employees.

You must be suffering from cat scratch fever if you think they're not government employees.

As I said every Trump and Trump in-law in the white house is a volunteer employee.

"Unpaid employee" the ultimate oxymoron, spouted by morons.

Definition of employee
: one employed by another usually for wages or salary and in a position below the executive level

Definition of EMPLOYEE

Definition of employee
: one employed by another usually for wages or salary and in a position below the executive level

Definition of EMPLOYEE

https://www.bls.gov/opub/mlr/2002/01/art1full.pdf

However, the legal definition of “employee” is concerned with more than the pay received by a worker for services provided. Black’s Law Dictionary defines “employee” as “a person in the service of another under any contract of hire, express or implied, oral or written, where the employer has the power or right to control and direct the employee in the material details of how the work is to be performed.

That's the definition under federal law.

You lose.

Ivanka Trump gets new White House title

WASHINGTON — Presidential daughter Ivanka Trump said Wednesday she will take a formal White House position without pay but will be subjected to federal ethics rules.

I will instead serve as an unpaid employee in the White House Office, subject to all of the same rules as other federal employees,” Ivanka Trump said in a statement issued by the White House.

Her official title will be assistant to the president; her husband, Jared Kushner, has the title of senior adviser, and also does not get paid.

DRyDJp_VAAIJ6jQ.jpg

I guess I was wrong, ....

"I will instead serve as an unpaid employee in the White House Office, subject to all of the same rules as other federal employees,” Ivanka Trump said in a statement issued by the White House.

Definition of employee

Definition of EMPLOYEE

https://www.bls.gov/opub/mlr/2002/01/art1full.pdf

However, the legal definition of “employee” is concerned with more than the pay received by a worker for services provided. Black’s Law Dictionary defines “employee” as “a person in the service of another under any contract of hire, express or implied, oral or written, where the employer has the power or right to control and direct the employee in the material details of how the work is to be performed.

That's the definition under federal law.

You lose.

is concerned with more than the pay received

Meaning in addition to the pay received. Even unpaid interns are subject to the rules of a company, that doesn't make them an employee and the company directs everything they do. But feel free to keep it up, I appreciate the bumps to the thread.

Guy, you've spent hundreds of millions of dollars investigating the Clintons over the last 25 years, and all you came up with was Hillary used the wrong email and Bill lied about getting a blow job.

I would call that it was more important to get a nuke deal than to bust some petty drug dealers.

The judge said it's a political argument that should be handled by politicians, God help us.

But U.S. District Judge George Daniels, an appointee of former President Bill Clinton, said the accusation is a political one that should be handled by Congress, not a courtroom.

"As the only political branch with the power to consent to violations of the Foreign Emoluments Clause, Congress is the appropriate body to determine whether, and to what extent, Defendant's conduct unlawfully infringes on that power," Daniels wrote. "If Congress determines that an infringement has occurred, it is up to Congress to decide whether to challenge or acquiesce to Defendant's conduct. As such, this case presents a non-justiciable political question."

Judge tosses lawsuit accusing Trump of violating emoluments clause

Ok lefites there's an adequate supply of tissue in the bathroom. LMAO

I agree with him and you

Democrats' Emoluments Lawsuit Against Trump Can Go Forward, Judge Says | HuffPost

A federal judge said Tuesday a lawsuit accusing President Donald Trump of violating the Constitution’s emoluments clause could go forward, rejecting an effort by the White House to get the case thrown out.

U.S. District Judge Emmet Sullivan sided with nearly 200 members of Congress who have sued Trump, alleging his ongoing ties to a sweeping business empire continue to enrich him while in office. The lawmakers allege Trump’s business dealings have repeatedly violated the emolument clause, which prohibits those in federal office from accepting any payments or gifts from foreign governments without first seeking the “consent” of Congress.

“This decision is a tremendous victory and vindication of a common sense reading of the Constitution,”

Trump’s legal team had argued that the term “emolument” should be used only when it comes to payments that are specifically used as bribes, but not more broadly for any payment that could flow from one of Trump’s properties into the president’s pocket. Sullivan disagreed, writing in a 48-page opinion that the clause was written broadly “to achieve its purpose of guarding against even the possibility of ‘corruption and foreign influence.’”

You're not very smart are ya, the secret service rented an apartment from another individual that owns it, not Trump. Also even your hero Jimmy Carter turned over the operation of his farm to family, he didn't divest himself either.

Trump should do the same thing

You're not very smart are ya, the secret service rented an apartment from another individual that owns it, not Trump. Also even your hero Jimmy Carter turned over the operation of his farm to family, he didn't divest himself either.

Trump should do the same thing

He did.

Forum List

Back