So Ken Griffey jnr is the greatest player in baseball history?

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
He just set a record at getting into the HOF. 99.3% of voters put him on their ballot. Previous record was 98.8% for tom seaver.

Griffey was fantastic his first 10 years but his next ten he was just a pretty good player. I expected him to get voted in yesterday but i thought he would get around 92% of the voters. He's maybe the 30th best player of all time.

Correction...99.7%. 3 voters didn't like him for HOF.

Best player of all time? Probably not.

He did hit a home run on his first home field appearance in his first at bat. That was pretty cool.

He just set a record at getting into the HOF. 99.3% of voters put him on their ballot. Previous record was 98.8% for tom seaver.

Griffey was fantastic his first 10 years but his next ten he was just a pretty good player. I expected him to get voted in yesterday but i thought he would get around 92% of the voters. He's maybe the 30th best player of all time.

I have been a Reds fan all my life and I have always been jealous of Seattle fans who got to watch Griffey play in his prime.

By the time he came to Cinci, he was older and injury prone.

But he had the prettiest swing on a baseball I have ever seen. Beautiful.

Just think, he has never been ever mentioned with steriods. Great dude and deserved the highest honors IMO.

I am planning a trip to the HOF this summer. Will get to see two of my favorite Reds in the Hall now. Larkin and Griffey both. How cool is that?

Two former Reds with the record (1&2) for the most votes. (Seaver and Griffey) Hell it will be a great trip to the HOF. I loved Tom Terrific.

I have at least two of his rookie cards. One a single and one in a sealed boxed factory set. Guess I should figure out where they are hid away and dig 'em out.

[
Just think, he has never been ever mentioned with steriods. Great dude and deserved the highest honors IMO.

I

I feared the steroid scandal would cost him some votes since he played in the heart of that era. But he never appeared to bulk up and i guess the voters understood that. Spent his career at 6' 3" and maybe 210. That's how a ballplayer should be.

Two former Reds with the record (1&2) for the most votes. (Seaver and Griffey) Hell it will be a great trip to the HOF. I loved Tom Terrific.

A strong argument can be made that seaver was the greatest pitcher of all time.

Only if you are really stupid. Off the top of my head, I can name three-maybe more-I'd put above him.

Ok - i just said seaver is arguably the greatest pitcher. Rocket and Barnie deserve votes too. A moron like you prolly thinks nolan ryan was the greatest!! HAHA

Warren Spahn and Walter Johnson were by far the greatest pitchers.

Griffey in his first ten years rivaled the greatest player of all time, Willie Mays.

The last 10 years of his career with the Reds he was not even a good player. At best, he was an average player.

I would put Nolan Ryan, Randy Johnson, and Pedro Martinez over Seaver.

Well then you're stupid. Ryan was not a winner. In fact among pitchers who spent their whole career after 1900, he's the leader in LOSSES. He won just 52% of his games while playing on teams that won around 50%. And his ERAs were good but not great. It's ok he's in the HOF, but he's maybe the 35th best pitcher of all time. THINK

Warren Spahn and Walter Johnson were by far the greatest pitchers.

Griffey in his first ten years rivaled the greatest player of all time, Willie Mays.

I can see Barney but not Spahn.

Yes, griffey was willie mays good for the first ten years of his career. But most fans would say Ruth was the greatest player of all time. Hard to believe since the Babe was born 120 years ago but that's how it is.

Forum List

Back