Why the Roman Catholic Church is the Greatest Organization in the History of the World.

I didn’t ask you to amend your Catholic Belief system and the best way to live.

If the best way to live forbids rational debate with non-believers then I apologize for offending you and the best way that you live.
Just taking your argument to it's logical conclusion, if I shouldn't believe the HRCC played the greatest or biggest or most influential role in shaping Western Civilization, then what should I believe?

Silly? Are you talking to yourself? Are you insane?

You worship a human being, desecrate the teachings of Jesus, perjure yourself in the name of God religiously, falsely accuse anyone who doesn't swallow your bullshit, and teach others to do the same which amounts to murder. The list of your brazen defiance of Divine Law is much longer.

Shall I go on?

That's why you are blind to your sin. You have been abandoned by God and consigned to destruction. You have set aside Divine Law and so you have already gone splat.

You have your reward already. Death, Hades and permanent destruction at the end of that road.

Unless you repent you will never enter the kingdom of God.
You're all over the place, guy. In the same thread, you ridicule belief God, then talk about the kingdom of God. Do you even HAVE a belief? Try to put your philosophy down in a coherent objective manner without the snark. I'll listen.

Last edited:
Why the Roman Catholic Church is the Greatest Organization in the History of the World.

There are a number of reasons, but they all stem from one main reason: The RCC was founded by Jesus who is perfect, and God’s rules are perfect and loving. And by perfect, that means following God’s rules leads to the best life you can possibly live which not only prepares you for Heaven, but also creates the greatest earthly happiness. This is the part atheists miss.

The Roman Catholic Church has been the single most powerful force for people accomplishing the most and greatest good in the history of the world. Think of the legions of selfless priests, sisters, nuns, missionaries, and consecrated individuals who have devoted their lives to the service of others for little or no financial compensation. They are motivated by something far more powerful than money to do superhuman things.

Take Mother Teresa’s order of nuns, the Missionaries of Charity in Calcutta India. These women work 14-18 hours day caring for the sick in the poorest most dangerous area of the city. They subsist on a nutritious stew for every meal; they have two sets of clothes, one to wash and one to wear; they have forsaken all possessions. Visitors marvel at how 80-year-old sisters can do backbreaking work all day long with a cheerful disposition, day in and day out. It’s because they are moved by God.

The irreligious do not have such a powerful source of motivation.

The canonized Roman Catholic saints are examples of the extreme motivation from God helping them to accomplish unbelievable good on earth. Take St. John Bosco. Turned thousands of delinquent young orphans into solid contributing citizens. His schools didn’t use punishment at all. He used the sacraments of the church plus kind encouraging words. John Bosco once had 800 young delinquents in a large hall, doing school work. It was so quiet, one could hear a pin could drop. Outsiders marveled at how this could be possible. It was God who showed St. John Bosco the way.

What other organization, religious or otherwise, has such a corresponding venerable group as the canonized saints of the Catholic Church; people who live and work among the people they serve and accomplish great things?

From my personal perspective, the RCC offers steady unwavering guidance on the best way to live. I’ve studied all the teachings, and they all make perfect sense to me, though that wasn’t always the case. The rules may sound demanding at first, but once you acclimate yourself they are easy to follow and make life go so much smoother. Compare it to an overweight person who wants to get fit. At first it’s very difficult to give up the the sugary snacks, the fast food, the fries, and the Pepsi. It’s very difficult to get up early, lift weights and do cardio and eat right. But once you do, it’s easy. And so much better.

The Catholic services are the same everywhere you go. Mass is the same. The teachings are the same. God’s laws were the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. Maybe 0bama and Hillary, and Biden all changed their ‘core views’ on gay marriage in 2012, but God didn’t change His mind. When I go to Mass, it is the most diverse wonderful place. Many nationalities, every race, every age, rich or poor, most everybody is there because they want to get better in life. Other organizations would die for the diversity we have. Everyone is equal. Everyone is respected. You don’t have to donate to belong, although you should if you can. Nobody will ever ask anyone personally to give. No one will know if you don’t.

Are all Catholics perfect? Of course not. Even though church teaching is infallible, human beings are not. People sometimes disobey God’s perfect teachings, and do bad things. But the instances are relatively few compared to the legions of great people who do great things. There are also some, like pro-abortion politicians who claim to be Catholics, but openly disagree with major Catholic teachings. They intentionally mislead good people, but theirs and others' bad actions in no way diminish the validity of Jesus’ Church.

Jesus’ Church will be with us to the end of time. Again, very comforting. The RCC has a lineage of popes that goes directly back to St. Peter, the Apostle. All the turbulent events of the past 2000 years, the line of pope remains unbroken. That’s proof of Jesus’ promise.

I invite everyone to attend a mass at your local Catholic Church. They’re everywhere. Do it, and your life will be changed. You’ll see everything I listed above.
it's nice to know I am not alone in reaching out to others RE the Catholic Church... haven't read all of this yet but will later...

hope u mention the Real Presence...

changed my life-- and boy, did my life need changing... Well, actually some of it changed, i have to admit, for the worst or whatseemed to be the worst... but I digress... One thing got WAY better and for that I am far from sorry...

I see you took my quote off your
Post 20 minutes after you wrote it. Nice honesty Catholic.
What post? I wasn't talking to you. I was talking to hobelim. My answer clearly was in answer to his post and clearly had nothing to do with any of yours.
Is there no limit to your trolling? And you wonder why nobody talks to you.

Last edited:
Throughout history of mankind, more people have died in the name of organized religion than ANY other cause. It's your turn but you need not bother unless you address the points that I made.
That's a ridiculous lie. More people died at the hands of atheists in the last century than from all religions in the history of mankind.

That's a ridiculous lie. More people died at the hands of atheists in the last century than from all religions in the history of mankind.
Every person who has died in the middle east in the last two thousand years has died due to organized religion. You still haven't answered about the removal of twenty-six books of the bible by the RCC, or those who were killed in the inquisition, or those murdered by Richelieu and Henry the 8th. Try again.

Every person who has died in the middle east in the last two thousand years has died due to organized religion. You still haven't answered about the removal of twenty-six books of the bible by the RCC, or those who were killed in the inquisition, or those murdered by Richelieu and Henry the 8th. Try again.
Oh, OK. You're talking about Muzzies. That's not the same as Christians. Muslims are about the same as atheists, morality-wise. But even so, you're not getting anywhere near 100 million the atheists killed last century.

Oh, OK. You're talking about Muzzies. That's not the same as Christians. Muslims are about the same as atheists, morality-wise. But even so, you're not getting anywhere near 100 million the atheists killed last century.
There it is--exactly why organized religion is the antithesis of what they teach. Every one that doesn't agree with you is an athiest, eh? Carry on.

There it is--exactly why organized religion is the antithesis of what they teach. Every one that doesn't agree with you is an athiest, eh? Carry on.
No, but Muslims are. They have many similar views as atheists, and they advocate violence. Jesus didn't do that.

Nope, I'm talking about you. You still haven't answered the questions about the inquisition, removal of twenty-six biblical books as unholy, Richelieu, Henry the 8th, and all of the crimes that have been committed in the name of God by the RCC

Nope, I'm talking about you. You still haven't answered the questions about the inquisition, removal of twenty-six biblical books as unholy, Richelieu, Henry the 8th, and all of the crimes that have been committed in the name of God by the RCC
And you haven't answered about atheists murdering 100 million in the last century. That dwarfs anything done by people claiming to be Catholic who weren't. Don't those horrible acts invalidate atheism?

Another stupid non sequitur. Nobody said that. Sounds a lot like you're trolling.
Not at all, you are trying to avoid facts. You state that the RCC is the greatest organization while ignoring the criminal actions that they have committed. I didn't even mention the child abuse that priests have committed until now. You have tiptoed around every point that I've made while hypocritically calling out other organized religions as pagan or athiest. You need to look in the mirror.

atheists murdering 100 million in the last century.
Link it moron. Then you can count the number of people who have been killed by the crusades, catholic imperialism in the new world, Philippines, S. Pacific, Asia and Europe. You folks think it is perfectly acceptable to murder anyone who disagrees with your belief and nothing has changed to this day. Would you care to address sexual abuse by the priethood?

Forum List

Back