So is JOE doing the "SideStep"?? "I guarantee to rid fossil fuels"... then last night... “We’re going to need oil for at least another decade"

And you fossil fuel destruction advocates...
What will be used to make the 2 billion tires a year that use 300 million barrels of oil?
Or the asphalt that makes up 94% of our roads that use 1.4 Billion barrels of oil?
ttps://www.ranken-energy.com/.../products-made-from.../
Historically — over the last 10 years, that is — asphalt prices have risen an average of 0.7% for every 1% increase in the price of crude oil.

We use this stuff for a lot more than people seem to realize.144 Products Made From Petroleum and some that may may shock you.
products-madefrom-oil.png

Of course not! Are you that truly intelligent to think that?
My point though is "cooperation" to reduce fossil fuel dependency... not causing the fossil fuel industry to be defensive, to be conservative to RAISE prices!
Why couldn't Biden be cooperative simply by saying something like this that I've suggested:
"We need to work with the fossil fuels industry to reduce Co2 emissions and the US government will be helping as we consider the fossil fuel industry a totally important building block of our economy"!

But he didn't!
"I want you to look into my eyes, I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels”

"No more drilling," Biden said.
After the protester continued to shout at him, he shot back, sounding even more irritable:
"There is no more drilling. I haven’t formed any new drilling."

Consequently the only thing I can assume is Biden is making money from the oil companies current conservative and PRICE raising activities! Why else would the President who touts "cooperation " creates response like this from Chevron CEO!
"U.S. Will Never Build Another Oil Refinery, Chevron CEO Says on 06/03/22
My personal view is there will never be another new refinery built” on U.S. soil, said Wirth.
“You’re looking at committing capital 10 years out, that will need decades to offer a return for shareholders, in a policy environment where governments around the world are saying, ‘We don’t want these products.’

Totally ignorance OR totally smart on the part of Biden to help the oil companies INCREASE prices and values which in turn are
passed on in donations, etc. Either way Americans are suffering from HIGH GAS prices.
Look at this table of diesel fuel costs increases! All these costs are passed on to the consumers...hence inflation!

How do you think supermarkets get their supplies? Trucks. Trucks use diesel fuel. Price of Diesel fuel ..
When Trump took office.. $2.58/gal when left office 12/2020 $2.58 zero no increase!
Biden Took office $2.681... Biden as of 01/2023... $4.576.... $1.90 Increase in cost or 70.7% MORE and you don't think that increase in
cost is passed on to the supermarkets by the trucks hauling your food? Really you don't think the oil companies took this as their
opportunity to RAISE their prices?

View attachment 755063

I find it odd you admit gas prices are rising because oil companies are "defensive". Are they then manipulating prices instead of letting the market set prices?

Are you going to pretend that going into COVID lockdown or coming out of lockdown didn't impact gas prices?

Of course not! Are you that truly intelligent to think that?
My point though is "cooperation" to reduce fossil fuel dependency... not causing the fossil fuel industry to be defensive, to be conservative to RAISE prices!
Why couldn't Biden be cooperative simply by saying something like this that I've suggested:
"We need to work with the fossil fuels industry to reduce Co2 emissions and the US government will be helping as we consider the fossil fuel industry a totally important building block of our economy"!

But he didn't!
"I want you to look into my eyes, I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels”

"No more drilling," Biden said.
After the protester continued to shout at him, he shot back, sounding even more irritable:

Consequently the only thing I can assume is Biden is making money from the oil companies current conservative and PRICE raising activities! Why else would the President who touts "cooperation " creates response like this from Chevron CEO!
"U.S. Will Never Build Another Oil Refinery, Chevron CEO Says on 06/03/22
My personal view is there will never be another new refinery built” on U.S. soil, said Wirth.
“You’re looking at committing capital 10 years out, that will need decades to offer a return for shareholders, in a policy environment where governments around the world are saying, ‘We don’t want these products.’

Totally ignorance OR totally smart on the part of Biden to help the oil companies INCREASE prices and values which in turn are
passed on in donations, etc. Either way Americans are suffering from HIGH GAS prices.
Look at this table of diesel fuel costs increases! All these costs are passed on to the consumers...hence inflation!

How do you think supermarkets get their supplies? Trucks. Trucks use diesel fuel. Price of Diesel fuel ..
When Trump took office.. $2.58/gal when left office 12/2020 $2.58 zero no increase!
Biden Took office $2.681... Biden as of 01/2023... $4.576.... $1.90 Increase in cost or 70.7% MORE and you don't think that increase in
cost is passed on to the supermarkets by the trucks hauling your food? Really you don't think the oil companies took this as their
opportunity to RAISE their prices?

View attachment 755063

Freight trains use diesel as well.

I find it odd you admit gas prices are rising because oil companies are "defensive". Are they then manipulating prices instead of letting the market set prices?

Are you going to pretend that going into COVID lockdown or coming out of lockdown didn't impact gas prices?
If you ran a business that the POTUS said had a target on it for extinction, would you invest in it? Use your head.

What do you think lubricates the bearings in your electric cars and wind turbines? Even so-call synthetic lubricants contain petroleum. Plastics? yup--petroleum. Tires? Petroleum too. We will be using petroleum products much longer than you'll be alive.
Probably, but we won't be using them forever.

That said, you have a fair point, but I expect Biden's statement applied to combustion purposes only...but who knows.

Freight trains use diesel as well.
Good point I looked up..
.Similarly, a typical train might haul 3,000 tons of freight 500 miles and consume approximately 3,049 gallons of diesel fuel.
In 2019 freight trains used 3,419,000,000 gallons of diesel fuel at an average cost in 2019 of an average of :$9,587,730,750
BUT using the below costs for 2023... freight trains will have to pay $15,645,344,000 OR nearly 63% MORE... and guess who
pays for this??? YOU and me directly or indirectly!
Dieselfuel2017-2023.png

We will need it for a couple more decades as we slowly replace it with wind, solar and possibly fusion. Fusion is finally proving to work and could be being built into the system within a few decades.

It takes time.
Nuclear energy is the only way to displace fossil fuels in less than 100 years goofus.

Probably, but we won't be using them forever.

That said, you have a fair point, but I expect Biden's statement applied to combustion purposes only...but who knows.
He was very clear when he said no new drilling. He is a moron and anyone who thinks that petroleum is used only for combustion is not thinking. It takes about 7 gallons of oil to produce one tire. Plastics consume about 4% of global oil production. healthmyths provided a great list of products that are dependent on fossil fuels. How many of these would you give up.

What do you think lubricates the bearings in your electric cars and wind turbines? Even so-call synthetic lubricants contain petroleum. Plastics? yup--petroleum. Tires? Petroleum too. We will be using petroleum products much longer than you'll be alive.
There are natural alternatives but nothing like the carbon chains that are found in crude oil. But generally using lubracients doesn't burn it and release CO2 every time it is used. Fossil fuel will not go away unless there is huge climate shift that causes massive death and destruction, NFL, or the price of oil goes over 200 dollars a barrel.

But tires are mostly natural and synthetic rubber, just sayin.

He was very clear when he said no new drilling. He is a moron and anyone who thinks that petroleum is used only for combustion is not thinking. It takes about 7 gallons of oil to produce one tire. Plastics consume about 4% of global oil production. healthmyths provided a great list of products that are dependent on fossil fuels. How many of these would you give up.
He must have have lied because we have plenty of new drilling since Joe took office.

As I stated, I expect he meant combustible petroleum products. If he didn't (admittedly that would be pretty stupid) I am sure eventually if we don't destroy ourselves first, we will develop new non petroleum based alternatives.

Certainly not. I would collect as much government subsidies as I could then jump ship and get a fat golden parachute and invest in alternative technology.
They are--every oil company on earth is diversified--that's what keeps investors. However, when an ESSENTIAL industry has been foolishly targeted for extinction by gov't action, there is no reason to maintain the status quo only to have to pay more to that gov't. Biden is a moron.

They are--every oil company on earth is diversified--that's what keeps investors. However, when an ESSENTIAL industry has been foolishly targeted for extinction by gov't action, there is no reason to maintain the status quo only to have to pay more to that gov't. Biden is a moron.
Yep. That's what happened to typewriters. You want to keep a dying industry alive just for old times sakes?

He must have have lied because we have plenty of new drilling since Joe took office.

As I stated, I expect he meant combustible petroleum products. If he didn't (admittedly that would be pretty stupid) I am sure eventually if we don't destroy ourselves first, we will develop new non petroleum based alternatives.
Have you bought any fertilizer in the past two years? A bag of fertilizer at Costco two years ago cost me $40. I bought the same bag last week and it was $78. That is nearly a 100% increase in two years. Yeah, fertilizer uses petroleum in their production too.

Of course they ARE! If you are just in jest saying hey let's get rid of fossil fuels, perfect excuse to raise prices!
Remember Biden told us on several occasions :
And the DUMB shit last night said DID you hear it???
Biden said oil executives he’d pressed on the issue had told him bluntly: “We’re afraid you’re going to shut down all of the oil wells and all the oil refineries anyway so why should we invest in them?”
And so of course oil companies raised the prices because investors heard Biden say this which evidently you didn't!

Committing to divest from fossil fuels seems like a profound pro-climate statement.
Selling off fossil fuel investments, the logic goes, will choke off capital from the fossil fuel companies and make it harder for them to operate.
Eventually, divestment will lead to the sector’s demise and create a better environment for accelerating renewable energy efforts. By pulling money out of fossil fuel investments, companies can demonstrate how they’re taking a material step towards a more sustainable world.

With Fossil Fuel Companies Facing Pressure to Reduce Carbon Emissions, Private Equity Is Buying Up Their Aging Oil, Gas and Coal Assets​

Environmentalists fear the sell-offs could keep those facilities operating for years into the future, worsening climate change.​

BUT how truly totally IGNORANT these supposedly "sophisticated" investors are!
WHY must they be antagonistic? Why not be cooperative and work with the fossil fuel industry to REDUCE Co2 ?
Surely these dummies don't seem to comprehend what alternative i.e. EVS will COST consumers!
Do these idiots have any idea that 13.4 Trillion MORE kWh will be needed then In 2021, about 4,108 billion kilowatthours (kWh) (or about 4.11 trillion kWh) of electricity were generated at utility-scale electricity generation facilities in the United States. About 61% of this electricity generation was from fossil fuels—coal, natural gas, petroleum, and other gases.
100%EVs020523.png

Yep. That's what happened to typewriters. You want to keep a dying industry alive just for old times sakes?
Of course they ARE! If you are just in jest saying hey let's get rid of fossil fuels, perfect excuse to raise prices!
Remember Biden told us on several occasions :
And the DUMB shit last night said DID you hear it???
Biden said oil executives he’d pressed on the issue had told him bluntly: “We’re afraid you’re going to shut down all of the oil wells and all the oil refineries anyway so why should we invest in them?”
And so of course oil companies raised the prices because investors heard Biden say this which evidently you didn't!

Committing to divest from fossil fuels seems like a profound pro-climate statement.
Selling off fossil fuel investments, the logic goes, will choke off capital from the fossil fuel companies and make it harder for them to operate.
Eventually, divestment will lead to the sector’s demise and create a better environment for accelerating renewable energy efforts. By pulling money out of fossil fuel investments, companies can demonstrate how they’re taking a material step towards a more sustainable world.

With Fossil Fuel Companies Facing Pressure to Reduce Carbon Emissions, Private Equity Is Buying Up Their Aging Oil, Gas and Coal Assets​

Environmentalists fear the sell-offs could keep those facilities operating for years into the future, worsening climate change.​

BUT how truly totally IGNORANT these supposedly "sophisticated" investors are!
WHY must they be antagonistic? Why not be cooperative and work with the fossil fuel industry to REDUCE Co2 ?
Surely these dummies don't seem to comprehend what alternative i.e. EVS will COST consumers!
Do these idiots have any idea that 13.4 Trillion MORE kWh will be needed then In 2021, about 4,108 billion kilowatthours (kWh) (or about 4.11 trillion kWh) of electricity were generated at utility-scale electricity generation facilities in the United States. About 61% of this electricity generation was from fossil fuels—coal, natural gas, petroleum, and other gases.

That's what happened to typewriters.
HaHaHa, you actually think you are not using a typewriter anymore? What is a keyboard? Do you know what it is made from? Plastic -- that's an oil product. You know what printer inks use, petroleum derived mineral oils. Do you actually think the world is using less paper than it used in the 70s? Nope. Typewriters were just replaced with a more expensive, less environmentally responsible alternative. Just like EVs

Forum List

Back